New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For me, it's Booker for the same reasons... plus, as a fellow New Jerseyan, I gots to represent...
I'm from NJ, my sister has had the pleasure of meeting Booker in person. Genuinely a pretty good guy, but she said he was a terrible speaker, so he has to work on that if he wants a shot, and I assume he has been doing so.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Didn't The Rock say he was going to run? That would be a real campaign on steroids.

4bcbdc62a669b29d9194d75b34a45105.jpg

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Didn't The Rock say he was going to run? That would be a real campaign on steroids.
It was a joke on SNL to have a The Rock / Tom Hanks ticket. But in all seriousness, they would beat Trump / Pence. This is America, and we loves our celebrities.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Even more entertaining would be the right's reaction were she to win that election.

I'm sure it would be about the same as the Left's reaction was (and still is to this day) to Trump winning 2 years ago. :argh:

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sure it would be about the same as the Left's reaction was (and still is to this day) to Trump winning 2 years ago. :argh:
That's mostly from their fears having either been confirmed or exceeded in many cases.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So far the best candidate the Democrats have is President Trump, his twitter account and his historically low approval ratings. :wave:
tulc(any one else is just speculation) :)

Exactly what Hillary was saying the day before he beat her.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's mostly from their fears having either been confirmed or exceeded in many cases.

I'm sure AOC would do the same. She already has been. Have you heard about the Green New Deal? It reads like a speech from an extreme left wing environmentalist. Green New Deal FINAL

Oh yes, and it's hers! Interestingly, a good number of democrats who want to be our next president are endorsing it, even though it makes no sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure AOC would do the same. She already has been. Have you heard about the Green New Deal? It reads like a speech from an extreme left wing environmentalist. Green New Deal FINAL

Oh yes, and it's hers! Interestingly, a good number of democrats who want to be our next president are endorsing it, even though it makes no sense.

It’s a proposed resolution that even if passed is not legally binding. Just asks Congress to express recognition that climate change and pollution are problems that need to be addressed.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2 years is an enternity in politics and much can change in that time period.

I do happen to think, trump will be a one term president. The only thing that could save him, is if the economy keeps rolling and it is bound to cool a bit.

Also, when you look at our history, we tend to elect presidents who have different characteristics than the one before. Obama was polished and very politically correct and trump is a 180 from that. In 2020, i have a feeling, the momentum will shift back towards someone more polished and politically correct.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It’s a proposed resolution that even if passed is not legally binding. Just asks Congress to express recognition that climate change and pollution are problems that need to be addressed.

Yes, and how to do it. AOC really showed what she thinks by writing this up, and the democrats that are endorsing it are doing the same. Seriously, taking 99% of cars off the road and eliminating air travel? And how are all those new electric cars going to run when all electricity produced by nuclear, natural gas and oil is eliminated? Let me guess: Electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket. But with most power sources and air travel pretty much shut down, the US will look more like North Korea at night.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and how to do it. AOC really showed what she thinks by writing this up, and the democrats that are endorsing it are doing the same. Seriously, taking 99% of cars off the road and eliminating air travel? And how are all those new electric cars going to run when all electricity produced by nuclear, natural gas and oil is eliminated? Let me guess: Electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket. But with most power sources and air travel pretty much shut down, the US will look more like North Korea at night.

I read the version you linked to - nothing about eliminating air travel or 99% of cars. It did say that we should pursue zero emission vehicles "as much as technologically feasible" and encourage use of energy efficient public transportation and high speed rail.

You should read the document and not rely on the right wing rebuttal talking points.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Klobushar or Booker (with a woman VP)

Both are good campaigners, have experience, are good campaigners, have worked well with Republicans, and do not insist on the views of the far left. In short, they have a good chance to win, with very few negatives. And yes, being from the Heartland should help.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AllButNone
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly what Hillary was saying the day before he beat her.
Well, she must have known something, it's two years into his administration and he (and his base) are still obsessed with her, much more then any Democrats I'm aware of. :wave:
tulc(wonders if it's because Sec Clinton got almost 3,000,000 more votes in that election then President Trump got?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, she must have known something, it's two years into his administration and he (and his base) are still obsessed with her, much more then any Democrats I'm aware of. :wave:
tulc(wonders if it's because Sec Clinton got almost 3,000,000 more votes in that election then President Trump got?) :scratch:

Narcissists are always obsessed with identifying enemies.

Hilary, was a horrible candidate though and she got beat were it counted and she knew it counted the most and would determine who won. Hilary has always had little national appeal, which is also why, Obama came out of nowhere and wiped the floor with her in 2008.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, therefore, we probably can only get someone less wise, that more appeals to American's wish for our usual god-in-a-person here, that big self confidence that satisfies Americans urge to worship a person.
Points well made.

Is Scarlett Johansson old enough to run? I mean if these are the criteria at least someone more photogenic than in 2016. But she is reportedly very smart so maybe we’re back to maybe a liberal version of Sarah Palin.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0