St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So you prefer "coordination" to "collusion"? They have the same meaning.
I have no preference. Show me how that letter is a mandate to specifically "get Trump" and nothing else.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Congratulations, USA,
Ok, so it says North Korea offered to take down its Yongbyon nuclear complex, in a swap for lifting sanctions in a way which would help civilians.

Donald made it clear they need to stop having nuclear weapons. I suppose that complex is not the nuclear weapons. Also, it may be no good, anymore . . . out of date . . . for all I know - - maybe getting too costly to maintain, anyway . . . for all I know. So, offering to take down what they don't need could just be a smokescreen thing or a decoy of attention from what matters, really.

And they are using their civilians as hostages, maybe, by saying lifting certain sanctions would be good for the civilians. This is not dealing with the ones in power and their weapons which are the main concern.

Plus, how well can you monitor that the lifted sanctions will really work out for the civilians???? I mean, I don't know; I am guessing about specifics. But I suppose if you lifted a sanction so civilians could do some international business, then the government could snatch the profits. And in case food and medical materials are being held back from North Korea, but sanctions were lifted so these could get in, how do you know the military won't grab it and store it, or sell it? How well will ones be allowed to monitor how much good lifted sanctions really do for the civilians?

And they keep on with their nuclear weapons.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ok, so it says North Korea offered to take down its Yongbyon nuclear complex, in a swap for lifting sanctions in a way which would help civilians.

Donald made it clear they need to stop having nuclear weapons. I suppose that complex is not the nuclear weapons. Also, it may be no good, anymore . . . out of date . . . for all I know - - maybe getting too costly to maintain, anyway . . . for all I know. So, offering to take down what they don't need could just be a smokescreen thing or a decoy of attention from what matters, really.

And they are using their civilians as hostages, maybe, by saying lifting certain sanctions would be good for the civilians. This is not dealing with the ones in power and their weapons which are the main concern.

Plus, how well can you monitor that the lifted sanctions will really work out for the civilians???? I mean, I don't know; I am guessing about specifics. But I suppose if you lifted a sanction so civilians could do some international business, then the government could snatch the profits. And in case food and medical materials are being held back from North Korea, but sanctions were lifted so these could get in, how do you know the military won't grab it and store it, or sell it? How well will ones be allowed to monitor how much good lifted sanctions really do for the civilians?

And they keep on with their nuclear weapons.
Of course they keep on with their nuclear weapons. Should north korea give up its nuclear weapons on a monday, kim would be out of office by the weekend.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps, I read your post about Americans, and TP, now this. What is your problem with the United States?
Maybe the lying, cheating, stealing, self dealing behavior in the current administration?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should north korea give up its nuclear weapons on a monday, kim would be out of office by the weekend.
Thank you for taking the time :)

But I would think Kim can stay in power, even if he were to denuclearize. I mean if he is above question and has people around him to back him up.

So, why do you think he would be out? I will try > you might think he would lose credibility with his tough-guy protectors who would take him out as being too soft?

Of course, if they took him out, they also could cancel anything he signed, long before any nukes got removed.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for taking the time :)

But I would think Kim can stay in power, even if he were to denuclearize. I mean if he is above question and has people around him to back him up.

So, why do you think he would be out? I will try > you might think he would lose credibility with his tough-guy protectors who would take him out as being too soft?

Of course, if they took him out, they also could cancel anything he signed, long before any nukes got removed.
He would be taken out by the USA and South Korea invading his country.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He would be taken out by the USA and South Korea invading his country.
Thank you for making the effort to make yourself clear :)

I am sure he might believe this would happen. But > how much do you believe this?

If the United States invests in attacking North Korea in order to take out Kim >

there is a certain amount of cannon and soldiers within easy striking distance of the capital of South Korea. There would likely be an amount of damage, right away, to Seoul. Plus, American soldiers would be in mountain and house to house combat, with casualties proportionate to this. It would not be on an open desert where fighter craft could just plink enemy tanks and guns while soldiers eat ice cream and wait to do the clean-up ops . . . in my impression.

Not to mention > there is some number of North Korean people who are not friendly in their feelings about South Korea and the U.S. An invasion might not meet with a great welcome from a lot of civilians, like in Iraq. I mean, among other things, they have a religion which reportedly has families giving thanks to their father Kim, at meals.

My opinion is that if they wanted to take Kim out, they could simply do a scud job on all the sites where intel has detected nuke stuff, and have Patriot missiles ready to knock out anything that flew up, which intel had not told them about. Also, it is rumored that North Korea now does not have missile transport capability for nuke heads, anyway.

So, right now would be the time to do a preemptive invasion, if this is what America really is ready to do, which I don't think is the case.

They didn't stand up to Russia, even after guaranteeing the Ukraine protection in return for Ukraine releasing their nukes. And it looks like they could much more easily take down North Korea's regime. With an attack, the leaders might scoot underground, and they could jam their communications and just leave them there.

But there would still be quite a hornets' nest, of civilians, to deal with. They might not want to make a martyr of Kim. Saddam was not a potential martyr figure.

But, of course, I can't speak for every individual North Korean.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are over 30,000 US military personnel within artillery range of NK guns. Not to mention all the SK military and civilians. What idiot would start a shooting war there? Hmmmmm ....... let me think..........

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for making the effort to make yourself clear :)

I am sure he might believe this would happen. But > how much do you believe this?

If the United States invests in attacking North Korea in order to take out Kim >

there is a certain amount of cannon and soldiers within easy striking distance of the capital of South Korea. There would likely be an amount of damage, right away, to Seoul. Plus, American soldiers would be in mountain and house to house combat, with casualties proportionate to this. It would not be on an open desert where fighter craft could just plink enemy tanks and guns while soldiers eat ice cream and wait to do the clean-up ops . . . in my impression.

Not to mention > there is some number of North Korean people who are not friendly in their feelings about South Korea and the U.S. An invasion might not meet with a great welcome from a lot of civilians, like in Iraq. I mean, among other things, they have a religion which reportedly has families giving thanks to their father Kim, at meals.

My opinion is that if they wanted to take Kim out, they could simply do a scud job on all the sites where intel has detected nuke stuff, and have Patriot missiles ready to knock out anything that flew up, which intel had not told them about. Also, it is rumored that North Korea now does not have missile transport capability for nuke heads, anyway.

So, right now would be the time to do a preemptive invasion, if this is what America really is ready to do, which I don't think is the case.

They didn't stand up to Russia, even after guaranteeing the Ukraine protection in return for Ukraine releasing their nukes. And it looks like they could much more easily take down North Korea's regime. With an attack, the leaders might scoot underground, and they could jam their communications and just leave them there.

But there would still be quite a hornets' nest, of civilians, to deal with. They might not want to make a martyr of Kim. Saddam was not a potential martyr figure.

But, of course, I can't speak for every individual North Korean.
I can speak for them: They remember Lybia.

And they will never forget it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are over 30,000 US military personnel within artillery range of NK guns. Not to mention all the SK military and civilians. What idiot would start a shooting war there? Hmmmmm ....... let me think..........
Trump actually wanted to withdraw both the US troops and the civilians. ROK (and a lot of US) leaders freaked out over both proposals.

Removing US troops would increase the ROK's strategic vulnerability to DPRK and also harm their economy.

As for families, everyone knows the US will not start a shooting war with all the families there. Removing families is therefore seen as an indicator of an outbreak of hostilities. (This would be especially dangerous had such an evacuation occurred at the same time as Trump's bellicose statements about DPRK and KJU last year.) If the US evacuates families, you can be sure that international corporations will follow suit (harming the ROK economy), and DPRK will put its troops on high alert (increasing the risk of war).

Some commenters say who cares about the ROK economy, that's not what the US is there for. But those commenters fail to take into account that a strong ROK economy is in the US interests, because it keeps the ROK firmly within the US orbit. If the US steps back from South Korea, China will surely move to fill that void.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Trump actually wanted to withdraw both the US troops and the civilians. ROK (and a lot of US) leaders freaked out over both proposals.

Removing US troops would increase the ROK's strategic vulnerability to DPRK and also harm their economy.

As for families, everyone knows the US will not start a shooting war with all the families there. Removing families is therefore seen as an indicator of an outbreak of hostilities. (This would be especially dangerous had such an evacuation occurred at the same time as Trump's bellicose statements about DPRK and KJU last year.) If the US evacuates families, you can be sure that international corporations will follow suit (harming the ROK economy), and DPRK will put its troops on high alert (increasing the risk of war).

Some commenters say who cares about the ROK economy, that's not what the US is there for. But those commenters fail to take into account that a strong ROK economy is in the US interests, because it keeps the ROK firmly within the US orbit. If the US steps back from South Korea, China will surely move to fill that void.
Who would have thought that east asian politics are so complicated?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's okay. The,what 4th biggest city in the world is also about 20clicks from that border.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.