Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Me too, which is why it's so hard to explain your experiences to someone else, because the things that mean something to me would not mean something to them.
I will say that as I was driving by the cemetery where my mother is buried, I was thinking about stopping to visit her grave, but drove on. I was flipping randomly through the radio channels, and just as I was almost past, her favorite hymn came on. I said " Ok, Mom." And I went back and visited her and we sang the song " together". To me this was an intensely personal and mystical and spiritual experience.
You can say it's coincidence but what are the odds?
That's wild - I think that was definitely more than mere coincidence.

I agree with you about trying to explain such experiences to other people. I often end up feeling like I told a joke that went over poorly, lol! Here I am getting goosebumps and meanwhile the person to whom I'm relaying the story is like, "And...?" I do know a few open-minded types who got goosebumps right along with me, but they're rare.

This hasn't stopped me from keeping a journal and even a blog about it, though, as many of the syncs in recent years have been pointing to a possible (at this point I perhaps should say "probable", if not "definite") connection I have with someone I haven't yet met in person (they're currently on the Other Side, so it'll be awhile yet, but I believe they've been with me and there have been what I consider indicators of that).

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wanted this thread to be a place where people of all faiths speak about their various kinds of mystical experiences. mostly, I am curious to see what others experience outside of the Christian faith but Christian experiences are welcome too. Please limit your responses to ONLY mystical experiences and discussions about said experiences. I'm not looking for this to be a debate but more of a discussion.
I saw a UFO back in Feb. of 2014. It was one of the most profound experiences I've ever had.

Upvote 0