Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
These are what I believe on this salvation thing I'm bringing them here lemme say for cross checking before putting them on print.
Sorry no scriptures yet 'cause I'm writing them as they come.
It goes like this
****All have sin -- (no argument on this, just to be clear I call sin 'Rebellion against God')
****God sent Jesus to die for our sins.
****Whosoever believe in him shall be saved.
What does it means to believe? does it mean mere saying 'I believe'
It means you're ready to reconcile with God and accept him as your lord and saviour.

Meanwhile accepting as your ' lord and saviour doesn't mean you're a puppet or you are Jesus, you can't be as flawless as Him because your knowledge is limited.

------Now the Main Part------
When we are saved God doesn't see us as a sinner anymore but see the righteousness of Christ in us. We're then dead to sin(Meaning we're no longer sinners but saints) we try to be good and do the best thing we can at all time. Even though we make still mistakes we don't do it intentionally and We don't lose our salvation immediately. We recognized our error we know God has already forgiven us and make amends to prevent future mishaps.

Finally we lose our salvation is when we know what we are doing is wrong and continue doing it. It means we're rebelling against God.

ABCthings :)

Last edited:

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No reply means you all agree which is a good thing. :priest:
Well, if you could identify those who believe the truth as revealed from the Father, then perhaps there would be something good.
But the world is full of deception, much more than truth.
(see recent posts /thread/ on honesty (the world lacks honesty) ) ....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ABCthings
Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean to believe? does it mean mere saying 'I believe'

Hi ABCthings,

To believe means we trust Jesus for our forgiveness and salvation because of what He did for us on the cross. We get to the place of believing Him for this when we recognize we're a sinner desperately in need of a Savior.

When we are saved God doesn't see us as a sinner anymore but sees the righteousness of Christ in us. We're then dead to sin (meaning we're no longer sinners but saints)

Yes and no. Positionally-speaking, we are saints clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Practically-speaking, we are still sinners. So both are true.

Finally, we lose our salvation when we know what we are doing is wrong and continue doing it. It means we're rebelling against God.

Incorrect. We don't "lose" our salvation by sinning. Our salvation is based upon what Jesus did for us on the cross (that's His part in the equation) and us receiving His gift of grace by faith (that's our part in the equation). Once that happens, the Holy Spirit takes up residence within us and begins the process of making us more like Jesus. That is a lifelong process for each of us, and there is much work for Him to do with regard to that. The truth is, we all sin every single day, knowingly and unknowingly. The "older" we get in Jesus, the more aware we become of how sinful and wicked we truly are - and how grateful we are to Jesus for redeeming us!

That is why the Apostle Paul could go from saying he was the "Least of the Apostles" (1 Cor 15:9) early on in his walk with Jesus TO considering himself "Less than Least of all Saints” (Eph 3:8) TO calling himself the "Chief of sinners!” toward the end of his life (1 Tim 1:15). Did he become more sinful as he grew in Christ? No. He simply matured and recognized the magnitude of his sinfulness before his Holy God and was humbled by it instead.

So, since faith is the only requirement on our end for being saved, the only reason I can see biblically for a Christian becoming "unsaved" would be their apostacy. In other words, they once trusted Jesus for salvation but then, at some point, stopped believing and trusting. Since there's no other means for salvation and no other Savior but Jesus, they are doomed.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi ABCthings,

To believe means we trust Jesus for our forgiveness and salvation because of what He did for us on the cross. We get to the place of believing Him for this when we recognize we're a sinner desperately in need of a Savior.
Not only do we want Him to save us we also want to reconcile with Him
Yes and no. Positionally-speaking, we are saints clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Practically-speaking, we are still sinners. So both are true.
I know the 'we are still sinner' thing but I think it will be better if we become less sin conscious. And become 'saints who are walking toward perfection' instead of considering ourselves 'sinners'

Incorrect. We don't "lose" our salvation by sinning.
Meaning we don't lose our salvation when we rebel against God. When choose to lie, steal, fornicate, kill, our salvation still is intact?
Our salvation is based upon what Jesus did for us on the cross (that's His part in the equation) and us receiving His gift of grace by faith (that's our part in the equation). Once that , the Holy Spirit takes up residence within us and begins the process of making us more like Jesus. That is a lifelong process for each of us, and there is much work for Him to do with regard to that.
Similar to what I was saying....
The truth is, we all sin every single day, knowingly and unknowingly. The "older" we get in Jesus, the more aware we become of how sinful and wicked we truly are - and how grateful we are to Jesus for redeeming us!
We actually 'sin' or make 'mistakes'?

'cause I don't remember ever telling a lie intentionally since I was dead to sin.
But I've actually seen Christian using 'we are all sinners' as permission to sin
The girl lied to my face and told me I'm not any holier than her 'after all the bible said we are all sinners'

That is why the Apostle Paul could go from saying he was the "Least of the Apostles" (1 Cor 15:9) early on in his walk with Jesus TO considering himself "Less than Least of all Saints” (Eph 3:8) TO calling himself the "Chief of sinners!” toward the end of his life (1 Tim 1:15). Did he become more sinful as he grew in Christ? No. He simply matured and recognized the magnitude of his sinfulness before his Holy God and was humbled by it instead.
First I won't take the second reference because that was Paul before he was saved.
Secondly guilt is one of the problems 'Saved sinners' have, they are always repenting and asking God for forgiveness seen they believe they are still sinners.
I wish we could go beyond seeing ourselves as sinners.

So, since faith is the only requirement on our end for being saved, the only reason I can see biblically for a Christian becoming "unsaved" would be their apostacy. In other words, they once trusted Jesus for salvation but then, at some point, stopped believing and trusting. Since there's no other means for salvation and no other Savior but Jesus, they are doomed.

Hope that helps!
If you stop believing = you follow your path = you rebel.

Upvote 0

frumanchu

God's justice does not demand second chances
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2003
Ohio
✟62,780.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So when Scripture tells us in Jude 1:24 for that He is "able to keep us from stumbling" what do you make of it? If any sin belies a lack of saving faith, then are we to walk about fearful that we might die before we've had an opportunity to repent and restore our salvation?

See, I'm with you up until the losing salvation part because Scripture has numerous references to the Spirit's work in us to preserve us in our faith. Yeah, our sanctification and glorification are not immediate at the point of faith...but our justification IS and cannot be take from us. Our sanctification is ongoing and is not a linear upward path. Just because I stumble at times does not mean my underlying faith in Christ for salvation has so faltered that I'm no longer justified in His sight.

Upvote 0

ABCthings

Light
Jun 4, 2019
Suleja
✟31,543.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So when Scripture tells us in Jude 1:24 for that He is "able to keep us from stumbling" what do you make of it?
Some sort of guidance?
If any sin belies a lack of saving faith, then are we to walk about fearful that we might die before we've had an opportunity to repent and restore our salvation?

See, I'm with you up until the losing salvation part because Scripture has numerous references to the Spirit's work in us to preserve us in our faith. Yeah, our sanctification and glorification are not immediate at the point of faith...but our justification IS and cannot be take from us. Our sanctification is ongoing and is not a linear upward path. Just because I stumble at times does not mean my underlying faith in Christ for salvation has so faltered that I'm no longer justified in His sight.

Please is the 'Stumbling' here making mistakes or sinning deliberately?

Upvote 0

frumanchu

God's justice does not demand second chances
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2003
Ohio
✟62,780.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mistakes are different from sin. you don't get hell for making mistakes but for rejecting God.

I agree you won't go to hell for not capitalizing "you" at the beginning of that second sentence. Apart from faith in Christ, you WILL go to hell for the sins you've committed throughout today, no matter how minor or seemingly insignificant they may be, or ignorant of them you may be.

There's simply no grounds for understanding Jude 1:24 as saying God is able to keep you from making mistakes and present you blameless...but not really because you can make the ultimate "mistake" in rejecting God after having embraced Him in true saving faith.

It just. Doesn't. Work.

Reactions: drstevej
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums