London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So he can't win either way, I see - either he picks his words carefully and gets slated for it, or makes off the cuff remarks and gets slated for it anyway.

And hey look, an apology. That's more than certain presidents gave out during an entire administration.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
So he can't win either way, I see - either he picks his words carefully and gets slated for it, or makes off the cuff remarks and gets slated for it anyway.

And hey look, an apology. That's more than certain presidents gave out during an entire administration.

:thumbsup: on the apology...I do respect that and the phone call to the police officer. It would have been better if he had declined to comment when asked to...considering this was a local disturbance.

I understand the Prof is a personal friend...but again...IMHO all the more reason the President should have declined to make a public statement.

Not to mention his comment fueled racial tension and undermined respect for law enforcement...

...and an apology in light of the uproar was unavoidable.

he's doing something right if the most common complaint is his use of teleprompter.

Sadly...his use of teleprompters are not the most common nor only concerns regarding this Admin...

...and it would be great if we could have confidence in our leadership to be able to formulate thoughts and express himself independantly from prefab scripts.

If he can't choose his words effectively on such simple matters on the fly...God help us when a situation of great magnitude arises that requires a fast and appropriate response for National security...

...and that time WILL come.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
:thumbsup: on the apology...I do respect that and the phone call to the police officer. It would have been better if he had declined to comment when asked to...considering this was a local disturbance.

Indeed, although I think every admin gets involved on these small-scale things from time to time when it's not absolutely necessary.

I understand the Prof is a personal friend...but again...IMHO all the more reason the President should have declined to make a public statement.

A fair point. Wouldn't want lots more local interventions from the office of the POTUS just to balance things out or anything....

Not to mention his comment fueled racial tension and undermined respect for law enforcement...

Weeeell, I think law enforcement is capable of doing enough of that all by themselves....

...and an apology in light of the uproar was unavoidable.

Assuming all the details are out, I think it would have been necessary even if there wasn't an uproar.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Obama was WAY out of line. When he speaks "off the cuff", his true, radical, divisive nature shows. This is why he needs the teleprompter...because his beliefs are so far beyond the norm that if he puts them on display, as in this case, many Americans will get ticked off.

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, although I think every admin gets involved on these small-scale things from time to time when it's not absolutely necessary.

A fair point. Wouldn't want lots more local interventions from the office of the POTUS just to balance things out or anything....

Weeeell, I think law enforcement is capable of doing enough of that all by themselves....

Assuming all the details are out, I think it would have been necessary even if there wasn't an uproar.

I think the details have been exposed. Perhaps we're from different generations but respect for the law is something I still find to be a good value to have.

Like I told my stepson when he was a teen...if you are stopped by a police officer for any reason...whether justified or unjustified....your only response is yes Sir, no Sir, I understand Sir, I'm sorry Sir...end of story.

I remember once when I was a rebellious teen and IMO...just minding my own business....when told to put out a cig I was smoking by a female police officer....and I mouthed off to her and flicked my cigarette at her...well...let's just say the long arm of the law had me face down in dirt before I could blink....^_^...she almost made me eat that cigarette!

It was then I learned quickly....cooperation with the Law is the ONLY acceptable recourse.

And in the event with Prof Gates...simply showing the officer his ID and thanking him for responding to the neighbors call...none of this would have even been a blip on the radar.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Obama was WAY out of line. When he speaks "off the cuff", his true, radical, divisive nature shows. This is why he needs the teleprompter...because his beliefs are so far beyond the norm that if he puts them on display, as in this case, many Americans will get ticked off.

Exactly the point by titling this thread regarding his use of the teleprompter...this is a fine example of of his true thoughts, character and nature bubbling forth.

Sadly...in the few months of this Admin so far...he and his staff have spent just as much time apologizing and doing damage control for just about every public statement they make.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly the point by titling this thread regarding his use of the teleprompter...this is a fine example of of his true thoughts, character and nature bubbling forth.

Sadly...in the few months of this Admin so far...he and his staff have spent just as much time apologizing and doing damage control for just about every public statement they make.

Ah...the dangers and pitfalls of "on the job training"! ;)

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Just to be clear...I don't post regarding BHO because I hate the man or anything...I don't know the man...but what I do know...public record of his actions, his words, his associations, his policies and his attitude toward this country in general is quite concerning.

The Public MUST be aware and not just take things for granted that what's going on is all wonderful just because "someone" says so...

....and there is nothing that would please me more about this Admin than to find out all the concerns are unfounded.

What I suggest...more than anything is to remember to keep the Pres and all leadership in prayer...that is the MOST effective thing we can do.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just to be clear...I don't post regarding BHO because I hate the man or anything...I don't know the man...but what I do know...public record of his actions, his words, his associations, his policies and his attitude toward this country in general is quite concerning.

The Public MUST be aware and not just take things for granted that what's going on is all wonderful just because "someone" says so...

....and there is nothing that would please me more about this Admin than to find out all the concerns are unfounded.

What I suggest...more than anything is to remember to keep the Pres and all leadership in prayer...that is the MOST effective thing we can do.

Agreed. I don't hate the man either and I don't know him.

There is nothing wrong with a Christian recognizing evil for what it is and calling a spade, a spade. We don't stand idle while the devil wreaks havoc.

I have yet to see anything godly or redeeming from this president and administration. Most of the time, I'm praying that his evil plans are thwarted and God is faithful!

Almost daily, we get new examples of just how anti-human, anti-christian, anti-God this pres and admin is.

Case in point:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...ed-abortions-sterilization-population-growth/

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. I don't hate the man either and I don't know him.

There is nothing wrong with a Christian recognizing evil for what it is and calling a spade, a spade. We don't stand idle while the devil wreaks havoc.

I have yet to see anything godly or redeeming from this president and administration. Most of the time, I'm praying that his evil plans are thwarted and God is faithful!

Almost daily, we get new examples of just how anti-human, anti-christian, anti-God this pres and admin is.

Case in point:

Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth Solutions - Political News - FOXNews.com

From the article you linked:

President Obama's "science czar," John Holdren, once floated the idea of forced abortions, "compulsory sterilization," and the creation of a "Planetary Regime" that would oversee human population levels and control all natural resources as a means of protecting the planet -- controversial ideas his critics say should have been brought up in his Senate confirmation hearings.

Yep...that's just evil...along with BHO lifting the ban on Partial Birth Abortion IMHO is also evil.

Personally...I don't think BHO himself or others who support such things are "evil" but the powers that are pushing these agendas certainly are...

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

And some may have even convinced themselves these things are for the greater good...:doh:

And you are quite right...something new rears it's ugly head every day and it's not surprising...not even a little bit.

Which is why we put our faith, hope and trust in the Lord and step up and be about our Father's business...and :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why? What has the president done that you are wishing the two of them would stay in office for 16 years?

Well, for one thing he hasn't started any wars since he got in office, that makes him twice the President Bush was. :wave:
tulc(IMHO) ;)

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm hoping it will be 8 years not 4! :thumbsup:
tulc(then Michelle can do another 8!) ;)

Wow tulc! Long time no see....:hug:

Still as ornery as ever I see...;) ^_^

Well my friend, obviously we disagree...I'm not sure this country can survive the 4 we're lookin' at...but it's good to see you!

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, for one thing he hasn't started any wars since he got in office, that makes him twice the President Bush was. :wave:
tulc(IMHO) ;)

You haven't been paying attention:

Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase - CNN.com

Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase

Obama: Anti-terror plans focus on Pakistan, Afghanistan - CNN.com

Obama: Anti-terror plans focus on Pakistan, Afghanistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/weekinreview/25cooper.html

Obama's War
Fearing Another Quagmire in Afghanistan

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't been paying attention:

Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase - CNN.com

Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase

Obama: Anti-terror plans focus on Pakistan, Afghanistan - CNN.com

Obama: Anti-terror plans focus on Pakistan, Afghanistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/weekinreview/25cooper.html

Obama's War
Fearing Another Quagmire in Afghanistan

Sounds like he's cleaning up another mess left by Bush. :wave:
tulc(suspects Bush will be seen by history as the worst American President ever) :sigh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.