My Problem With God

WOOD81

Jul 20, 2013
✟15,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
im fairly new to the forum and fairly new to christianity. i am beginning to notice a common theme among believers on this site and non believers everywhere. its "LOSING FAITH BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GOD''

if you have said this, what you are actually saying is "my problem with God is that he is not me" you read through the bible and scoff at the parts where God judges and condemns people all the while you are sitting back and judging God according to your own moral standards.

we live in a consumer society where we are taught that the "customer'' is always right. you get it your way, right away or your money back no questions asked. we shop gods and religions like we shop for electronics. if god doesnt line up with your morals or reasoning then ''that religion just isnt for me'' and its on to the next store.

along time ago someone lied to you and told you that you were basically a good moral person. and the bible tells us that our righteousness is like filthy rags (tampons) to God. we are all sinners and utterly offensive in Gods eyes. Oprah tells us to follow and trust our hearts, but the bible says that our hearts our deceitful above all things and desperately sick. dont follow your heart. follow Gods heart. if you dont know what God wants from you? He wrote a pretty awesome book called the bible. if you read it,you are reading the very words that God spoke to us.

its idolitry to judge God. so before you do follow proverbs3.5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.

remember that God doesnt need us. we need Him. We dont choose God. God chooses us. He literally spoke the universe into creation. if he says something is wrong then we dont need to argue. just go ahead and agree with God.

there is at least 10 ongoing forums about ''losing faith because God isnt answering my prayers" or ''losing faith because im sick'' or ''i know someone who was raped, how could a good god let that happen i dont want to be a christian anymore'' ect.... just remember. Jesus never loses a Christian. its better to ask yourself if you were ever a Christian. Jesus is the only one that knows for sure.

being a christian is not popular, its not the easy way though life, but its the TRUTH. quit trying decide what you want from God or considering what you can get by being a christian. instead love the things God loves. Hate the things God hates and pray that he aligns your will with his. not the other way around.

i pray for everyone on this site. i think its a pretty awesome thing that we can use technology to help each other and love eachother from anywhere in the world. good luck my fellow christians.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
im fairly new to the forum and fairly new to christianity. i am beginning to notice a common theme among believers on this site and non believers everywhere. its "LOSING FAITH BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GOD''

if you have said this, what you are actually saying is "my problem with God is that he is not me" you read through the bible and scoff at the parts where God judges and condemns people all the while you are sitting back and judging God according to your own moral standards.

we live in a consumer society where we are taught that the "customer'' is always right. you get it your way, right away or your money back no questions asked. we shop gods and religions like we shop for electronics. if god doesnt line up with your morals or reasoning then ''that religion just isnt for me'' and its on to the next store.

along time ago someone lied to you and told you that you were basically a good moral person. and the bible tells us that our righteousness is like filthy rags (tampons) to God. we are all sinners and utterly offensive in Gods eyes. Oprah tells us to follow and trust our hearts, but the bible says that our hearts our deceitful above all things and desperately sick. dont follow your heart. follow Gods heart. if you dont know what God wants from you? He wrote a pretty awesome book called the bible. if you read it,you are reading the very words that God spoke to us.

its idolitry to judge God. so before you do follow proverbs3.5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.

remember that God doesnt need us. we need Him. We dont choose God. God chooses us. He literally spoke the universe into creation. if he says something is wrong then we dont need to argue. just go ahead and agree with God.

there is at least 10 ongoing forums about ''losing faith because God isnt answering my prayers" or ''losing faith because im sick'' or ''i know someone who was raped, how could a good god let that happen i dont want to be a christian anymore'' ect.... just remember. Jesus never loses a Christian. its better to ask yourself if you were ever a Christian. Jesus is the only one that knows for sure.

being a christian is not popular, its not the easy way though life, but its the TRUTH. quit trying decide what you want from God or considering what you can get by being a christian. instead love the things God loves. Hate the things God hates and pray that he aligns your will with his. not the other way around.

i pray for everyone on this site. i think its a pretty awesome thing that we can use technology to help each other and love eachother from anywhere in the world. good luck my fellow christians.

It is very hard for us to set aside our preconceived notions of God. If He is not made in the image we created we struggle. It's very common. The key is to come to the place to trust Him to be as He said He is in His Word whether we are comfortable with it or not.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry that I am not posting a response to you, but I have a question.... How is your rep so high if you are so new?

Rep's can jump pretty quick based on the rep power of the person giving the reps. Notice how high yours jumped after I repped you?

Reactions: Autumnleaf
Upvote 0

malckiah

Jesus Christ is my God and King!
Dec 9, 2006
Texas
✟17,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rep's can jump pretty quick based on the rep power of the person giving the reps. Notice how high yours jumped after I repped you?

Wow! I did not know that.... feel free to rep me again....lol! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yeah...someone's view of God shouldn't change at all based on their experience?

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Wood81. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells a Lawyer: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself."
Then Jesus points out this fact: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God wants our Love, freely given and NO conditions tagged on. How do I show my Love for God and for my neighbour?
I start treating all I know and all I meet, friends as well as no-friends as I would love to be treated: kindly and always with friendly words. God will see my sincere efforts, and God will Bless me. Jesus told us to: " ask and ye shall receive," then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour.
We keep asking God and thanking God, then share all Love and Joy with all around us. Then there is our Lord`s answer in Luke 10: 25-28: Jesus told a Lawyer: " You know the two Commandments: Love God and love thy neighbour, " DO THIS AND Thou Shalt LIVE." We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on LOVING AND CARING.
Love is very catching, and a Christian`s great weapon is Love. With love we overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour. ALSO:LOVE WILL CHANGE US INTO THE MEN AND WOMEN WHICH GOD WANTS US TO BECOME.
I say this with love, Wood81. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums