Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand that I can't do it myself, but I don't feel like I can pray to God. I don't feel worthy to pray to God. The times when I have prayed to God, it's just seems like the words don't come out right, because when I speak to him, I feel unworthily selfish. I don't feel like I can express the childlike me out to God. What I mean by this is, lets say you're a child and there's someone you really look up to... like a hero. Compared to this hero that you really look up to, you feel like you're just a dull child. And this makes you just want to run up to your hero and and put your arms around him and have him hold you and really want to know that he loves you and that he'll never be your enemy. And this is a hero that is important to the point to where, if you're not clinging to him, it makes you mentally unstable and troubled. In the same way, that's how I feel about God, and that's the way I'd like to express myself to God and it seems like the feelings are there to do it, but I just don't have the energy to let those feelings out to God. When I do try to let them out, my voice is empty and it seems like it's very hard for me to overcome my lower nature that is holding the child in me hostage. I feel like I am unable to truly repent because of all this.

First off, you say here that you understand that you cannot do this yourself..

And then you go on to say that your having trouble with praying?!?

It's Jesus who will pray through you with the Holy Spirit as you yield to Him for His Life!

You know, that Life that Lives to please the Father!

Upvote 0

Space

Dec 14, 2005
✟8,184.00
Faith
Agnostic
First off, you say here that you understand that you cannot do this yourself..

And then you go on to say that your having trouble with praying?!?

It's Jesus who will pray through you with the Holy Spirit as you yield to Him for His Life!

You know, that Life that Lives to please the Father!

Sometimes, I've tried just laying on my bed... hoping that God would fill the void in my life and give me true repentence, which I believe is the kind of repentence that you don't have to strain to do. But eventually, when that doesn't happen, that's when the anger ensues. Maybe it's just not the right time?

Upvote 0

Blackness

OH WOW
Nov 21, 2006
✟12,583.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Lots and lots of prayers! :prayer:

Satan is trying to destroy things cause you are so close to God and Satan HATES that! He doesn't want God to win.
Even christians are tested and go thru bad times. That doesn't mean God has left us. Give it all to God, don't worry about it, life will get better. Then when there is a fork in the road, know God will lead you down the right path.
This is so true, the fact that you want to seek God's love makes satan want to try to take that feeling away from you, I feel that way some times (I myself have problems similar to this), but remember God loves you, and God understands struggles in everyone. Because lets face it, we are all human.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes, I've tried just laying on my bed... hoping that God would fill the void in my life and give me true repentence, which I believe is the kind of repentence that you don't have to strain to do. But eventually, when that doesn't happen, that's when the anger ensues. Maybe it's just not the right time?
Have you honestly accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour? Have you accepted the fact that He died for YOUR sin?

If so, it's a first step, but the saying holds true..
John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Don't you know you DIED with Christ?
It's no longer YOU who Live but Christ Jesus in you!

Colossians 2:20-23
20Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21(Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22Which all are to perish with the using; after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Colossians 3:3
3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Galatians 2:20
20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Faith is the key!
Faith in Jesus to Live His Holy Life in and through you to the Glory of God the Father!

Do you believe?

2 Corinthians 13:5-7

5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 6But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Upvote 0

Space

Dec 14, 2005
✟8,184.00
Faith
Agnostic
Have you honestly accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour? Have you accepted the fact that He died for YOUR sin?

What sin are you talking about?

Zeena said:
Don't you know you DIED with Christ?
It's no longer YOU who Live but Christ Jesus in you!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying or asking here.

When and how did I die with Christ?

Zeena said:
Do you believe?

If God says I believe... I believe.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading Proverbs from the bible for half an hour each day would clear all that negativity from your mind. God breathes a fresh spirit of wisdom or advice to protect you from Satan's evil trickery. A healthy diet containing green vegetables should make you more calm and in touch with the people around you. God bless.

Upvote 0
J

jesusfreak_2008

Father I pray for "Space"

Lord, I pray in the name of Jesus for the enemy to be gone right now. Devil, you have no place in "Space's" life. Devil, get out of "Space's" head in the name of Jesus! Father, draw your child close to you so that "Space" can feel your loving presence and let him know that you do love him. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!

NOTE: If you have a bible go ahead and read Psalms and/or Proverbs. And read the book of John. Those are very good books in the bible, to read. And the scriptures will show you that God loves you beyond measure.

Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
What sin are you talking about?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying or asking here.

When and how did I die with Christ?

If God says I believe... I believe.

Christians are ones who have died with Christ. I believe Baptism is an outward sign of that teaching. So, a nonchristian is not died with Christ. I think she is mistaken.

praying for you though. The best way to fight satan is do the right thing by your conscience. even if it hurts your pride sometimes, better to be humble and doing right

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
I'm having a bit of a problem, here. I'm wanting so badly to get along with God and when I try to do this... it just seems like Satan is there trying to destroy my love for not only other people but God. The worst part of this is, I'm having urges to speak against God and fight with God. I've felt extremely lost and I guess Satan is trying to make me feel like he abandoned me, which is causing me to want to get into an arguement with God. I also feel like there's something really big missing, and not having it is literally causing me to be inhuman and to not be able to move on with my life (I'm kinda stalled in life right now). Things have been pretty rough and all this has literally caused me mental illness. I don't feel like I can pray to God because everytime I do, the hope in my voice drops... I guess Satan is doing a good job of convincing me that God doesn't care about me, because that's how I feel almost all the time. I hope am not being too selfish here but can you please pray for me... that God will remove Satan from my life for good... and I'd really like to be closer to God and to get along with him. But most of all I want him in my life and I want to know that he's there and that he cares for me.

Thank you!
that is a touching prayer request Space. I hope as you continue to seek God, you will also let Him work on you and letting go of bad habits (and bad friends) and replacing with good things. He can help you do that, one day at a time.

I also recommend New Testament reading and study. Bible on walkmen tapes has also been a great help for me.

The bible says some hard things for christians, Romans says God's children should offer their lives (and hands and feet and all) to God, to use as living Sacrifices, our lives should be all God-controlled all the time. Which is impossible without His help. He can help though

Upvote 0

eoj

Dec 10, 2006
✟1,023.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm having a bit of a problem, here. I'm wanting so badly to get along with God and when I try to do this... it just seems like Satan is there trying to destroy my love for not only other people but God. The worst part of this is, I'm having urges to speak against God and fight with God. I've felt extremely lost and I guess Satan is trying to make me feel like he abandoned me, which is causing me to want to get into an arguement with God. I also feel like there's something really big missing, and not having it is literally causing me to be inhuman and to not be able to move on with my life (I'm kinda stalled in life right now). Things have been pretty rough and all this has literally caused me mental illness. I don't feel like I can pray to God because everytime I do, the hope in my voice drops... I guess Satan is doing a good job of convincing me that God doesn't care about me, because that's how I feel almost all the time. I hope am not being too selfish here but can you please pray for me... that God will remove Satan from my life for good... and I'd really like to be closer to God and to get along with him. But most of all I want him in my life and I want to know that he's there and that he cares for me.

Thank you!

Keeping you in prayer
:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians are ones who have died with Christ. I believe Baptism is an outward sign of that teaching. So, a nonchristian is not died with Christ. I think she is mistaken.

praying for you though. The best way to fight satan is do the right thing by your conscience. even if it hurts your pride sometimes, better to be humble and doing right

2 Corinthians 5:14 KJV
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead

ASV
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died;

AMP
14For the love of Christ controls and urges and impels us, because we are of the opinion and conviction that [if] One died for all, then all died;

ALL died!

Thereefore ALL are in need of Life!
That only Jesus gives!

COME!

Upvote 0

Trident707

Dec 12, 2006
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Seriously, i don't know where you are today Space, and if you are even still on these forums, but one thing that got me going in my relationship with God was when i prayed and asked Him to show me His love, like so i could feel it in a powerfull and real way. After i prayed this i was hit by His love and i knew for certain that He is real and loves me.
This happened two or three years after i 'gave my life' to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LavenderLeaves

Nov 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First off...I wanted to comment on how big your heart is able to realize that there is a God and that Satan is trying to aggravate you right now. Your perspective is so big it seems like Satan is trying to drown you but your holding on strong and keeping your head above water. Sorry to hear about all the difficulties going on Space... and about praying.. You dont have to pray from your voice... you can also do it from your heart so that only you and God will know whats up.

For encouragement.. did you know all throughout Jesus's life, he did not smile, he did not laugh, and when he prayed...Jesus's most passionate and heart-deep prayer was silent. He did not cry but grunted.. and sighed. And i'm sure if Jesus wanted too he would have cried. But he grunted... Imagine the dissapointment in Jesus's life.. and the point where he felt like there was no hope.. He basically began to doubt God while he was bleeding on that cross...and lost it.. and said goodbye to his worry and anxiety.. But it was at that hour that God's heart broke and God cried. Understanding the pain and how much heart his child was going through... God can't even stand the suffering of millions of his kids all around the world.. ...How was Jesus so content with his life?.. I dont know..and thats something I wanna learn.. To be so content and in love with hard no matter how rough the times might be.

and he certainly has not forgotten about you...
knowing that these difficult times are there to help you grow in faith and justify your love for God. without the experience, i bet life down alongside could be much worst if you did not know how to deal.

and I'm praying for you right now. And Hoping that your heart doesnt give up on God... cause even if you do speak against him.. he'll still be there to care for you. but I hope you dont have too.. Take care brother and God bless you with peace and insight.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
w65011961.gif

Dear Friend,
Your needs are in my prayers. I hope the Lord will show you His love and mercy. Should you need further prayers please feel free to send me a pm, my inbox is always open to you!

w65575007.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.