Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't that what we're testing with this experiment?
Among other things, such as:

Testing your (plural) reluctance to ask for clarification before replying; reluctance to reply with your own clarification; willingness to ridicule.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Among other things, such as:

Testing your (plural) reluctance to ask for clarification before replying; reluctance to reply with your own clarification; willingness to ridicule.

Wasn't your entire point of this thread to ridicule non-believers? have you not accomplished your objective?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just using your own philosophy against you.

Here's a prime example:

Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Of the three choices below, what is the best way for a scientist to interpret this passage?

1. Employ general relativity and interpret the passage literally from the standpoint of the point of the observer; God used an amanuensis to write the passage.

2. Assume ignorance on the part of the author, who was assuming geocentrism; God had nothing to do with its authorship and preservation.

3. Treat the passage as inconclusive; pending further stipulation.

(Please answer this.)

4. The whole story is nothing but a fable.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The fastest "on earth" is the cheetah, as its a land animal (ie on the earths surface),
Thank you, sir!
GrowingSmaller said:
... but whilst on that earth we have Zenos paradoxes to figure. Is it actually moving when its feet are planted on the ground?
Affirmative.

Its center of mass is always moving forward, even though its feet aren't.

Put another way:

Although it's being digitally propelled, its forward motion is analog.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There are sentences in the English language that can be understood when spoken, yet can't be correctly written as spoken.
Actually, the Bible was made to be spoken and not written. Hebrew does not even have any sentence structure. We see this in the dead sea scroll. The Bible is like having the lyrics without the notes.

The statement "the Hebrew Bible is like having the lyrics without the notes" is a metaphor that is often used to describe the relationship between the text of the Hebrew Bible and the tradition of oral interpretation and commentary that has grown up around it.
Scrolls-rh-news (1).jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, the Bible was made to be spoken and not written.

Job 19:23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!

Jeremiah 30:2 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.

Revelation 1:11a Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia;

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 1:11a Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia;
John was given a scroll and told to “Take it and eat it,” Revelation 10:10. We see the same with Ezekiel 3:1 “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel.”

What is interesting is that our prayers are to be a sweet smelling aroma before God. Revelation 8:4 "And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand."

This is actually how I pray: "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0