✟350,518.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
It's confusing, isn't it?

I vaguely remember asking a similar question of this nature years ago here, and one poster pointed out that, since I didn't capitalize "earth," he assumed the land.

Without a qualifier, some questions can indeed be very simple, yet very hard to answer.

I like what my college teacher once told us:

There are sentences in the English language that can be understood when spoken, yet can't be correctly written as spoken.

Example:

How many [to, too, two]s are there in the English language?

.. oh, jeez. I get it now! I think.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was kinda hoping for just one answer.

Either a 1 a 2 a 3 or a 4. :)
Hope springs eternal. If you want exacting answers you should ask exacting questions.
Vague questions get vague answers.

And no, you are not being clever.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. You're just annoying. Any geek can see that your 'challenge' is flawed right from the off.

What exactly is flawed about it? Are there Straw Men or arguments from incredulity/logical fallacies involved? Godidit's?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If this is about what I think it's about, then it's not perspective. It's just the English language that you find to be the challenge.
Do you find such passages in the Bible as those interpreted as geocentric by the educated to be challenging as well?

Or do you just automatically assume they are geocentric, without being a challenge?

How is it you can't answer my OP without a qualifier, yet you (or your comrades) can read passages in the Bible without qualifiers and assume they are specifically speaking of geocentrism?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,518.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Do you find such passages in the Bible as those interpreted as geocentric by the educated to be challenging as well?

Or do you just automatically assume they are geocentric, without being a challenge?

How is it you can't answer my OP without a qualifier, yet you (or your comrades) can read passages in the Bible without qualifiers and assume they are specifically speaking of geocentrism?

Because they clearly describe the Earth as being in a geocentric state. In fact, the most common school of thought that existed at the time was that the sun went around the Earth. It's that simple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thread is a wonderful example of what is generally wrong with the world today:
too much time spent on mindless nonsense.
Like reading anything by Tolkien, as your profile stipulates?

And for the record, are you making a contribution to 'mindless nonsense,' or announcing an abstinence?

Upvote 0