Toronto
✟49,837.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. My mum (55 years old) (non christian) has metastatic breast cancer in her bone. it is in her spine, pelvis and shoulder.

God has been gracious towards me during these emotionally tough times by giving me a great support network. But my dad who is also a christian, is miserable and struggling to cope with the reality of losing his wife and best friend. and also my mum isnt a christian. before her diagnosis she was reluctant to discuss faith saying it wasnt for her. now she does listen but still seems quite unreceptive to truth.

so not only do I face losing my mum, I also face having to live with the horror of knowing my loving and kind mum will spend eternity in hell.

what on earth can I do?

Hello, there are some all natural things you can do to probably help your mom. I will share some links with you. I will also start praying for complete healing in Jesus' name! I pray these links help.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi all. My mum (55 years old) (non christian) has metastatic breast cancer in her bone. it is in her spine, pelvis and shoulder.

God has been gracious towards me during these emotionally tough times by giving me a great support network. But my dad who is also a christian, is miserable and struggling to cope with the reality of losing his wife and best friend. and also my mum isnt a christian. before her diagnosis she was reluctant to discuss faith saying it wasnt for her. now she does listen but still seems quite unreceptive to truth.

so not only do I face losing my mum, I also face having to live with the horror of knowing my loving and kind mum will spend eternity in hell.

what on earth can I do?
You may want to contact Howard Storm, former atheist turned Ps. A Nun's prayers gave him a way out. But he was a bully, sort of cold... his testimony is on youtube and in a book.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
how about not seeing God in a crude light but as someone who is good and fair to all people and judges them not by the confession of the mouth but rather judges the secret man of the heart

Upvote 0

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how about not seeing God in a crude light but as someone who is good and fair to all people and judges them not by the confession of the mouth but rather judges the secret man of the heart

I would be happy to if you can prove it me scripturally :)

Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You complained in my debate (by the way, I hope you saw my retraction regarding one of the errors I made in it) about me and others who accept the divinely revealed truth about hell, trying to convince others of this truth, and yet you come here and try convince us that God magically sends everyone to Heaven regardless of whether they love Him or not? Not that I'm against debating one's beliefs, I have much respect for a non-catholic who believes that his/her beliefs are true than one who tries to cozy up to us and claim that our differences are no big deal, but I find highly hypocritical of you to promote universalism here after complaining in my debate thread about me trying to preach the truth.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
there is no debate, there is only God and how one perceives him, one being closer to or farther away from having the capacity to know him.
Yes, and those closer to God realize that Heaven is the place of eternal union with God, and that the only to go there is to desire that and love God. Those who closer to God and know Him pray that Ben Collyer's mother dies loving God and desiring eternal union with Him.

Domine, exaudi orationem meam:
et clamor meus ad te venait!

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
there is no debate, there is only God and how one perceives him, one being closer to or farther away from having the capacity to know him.
A duality within that is promised to be narrowed down to ONE..."to know as fully as we have always been known". The hearing of the ear and/or single of eye...one looks for signs and wonders in the sky the other looks within...

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, and those closer to God realize that Heaven is the place of eternal union with God, and that the only to go there is to desire that and love God. Those who closer to God and know Him pray that Ben Collyer's mother dies loving God and desiring eternal union with Him.

Domine, exaudi orationem meam:
et clamor meus ad te venait!

since God and goodness, love, truth, and wisdom are the same then it must be that all who want such will have their union with God.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm very sorry at the conditions that you are faced with and I will pray for your mother. What I can tell you is this your faith is strong and you will get through this tough time and with the fervent prayers of you and your father. Lastly I will leave you with a bible quote James 5:16 the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I would be happy to if you can prove it me scripturally
This is just a start, a beginning: (YHWH'S WORD) >>

(YHWH is a consuming fire, a jealous Elohim.)

excerpt from online Hebrew Bible: (footnotes interspersed) >>
(can format it later, more, for easier reading if needed)

Deuteronomy 4

23 Be on guard for yourselves, that you not forget the covenant of

YAHWEH your Elohim, which He has made with you,

and make to yourselves a graven image,

a likeness of anything which YAHWEH your Elohim has forbidden you.

24 For YAHWEH your Elohim is a consuming fire; Heis a jealous El *3
25 When you father sons and son's
sons, and you have been long in the
land, and have dealt corruptly, and
have made a graven image, a likeness
of anything, and have done evil in the
sight of YAHWEH your Elohim, to
provoke Him to anger;
26 I call the heavens and the earth to
witness against you today that you
shall soon utterly perish from off the
land to which you go over the Jordan
to possess it;
you shall not prolong your days on it, but shall utterly be destroyed.
(Jer 33:19-21)
27 And
YAHWEH shall scatter you
among the peoples, and you shall be
left few in number among the nations
to which
YAHWEH
shall lead you
away.
28 And there you shall serve other
gods, the work of man's hands, wood
and stone, which cannot see, nor hear,
nor eat, nor smell. *4
29And if you shall seek
YAHWEH your Elohim from there, then you shall
find Him
, if you seek Him with your
whole heart, and with all your soul,
30 in your distress, when all these
things have found you, in the latter
---------------------------------footnote
fn 3 Yahweh is living and whatever does not
draw close to Him will be consumed. He is
jealous means He maintains His rights.
Deut 9:3, Ex 24:17
------------------------------------------------------
days, then you shall return to
YAHWEH
your Elohim, and shall
listen to His voice.
(Eze 36:16-38,
Amos 9:14-15, Zech 10:1-12)
31 For YAHWEH your El
is a
merciful Elohim. He will not forsake
you, nor destroy you, nor forget the
covenant of your fathers which He
swore to them.
(Mal 3:6)
32 For ask now of the
days past
which were before you, since the day
that Elohim created man on the earth,
and from the one end of the heavens to
the other end of the heavens, whether
there has been a thing as great as this,
or has
anything
like it been heard.
33 Has a people heard the voice of
Elohim speaking from the midst of the
fire, as you have heard, and lived?
34 Or has Elohim gone forth to take
to Himself a nation from the midst of a
nation, by trials, by signs, and by
wonders, and by war, and by a mighty
hand, and by a stretched out arm, and
by great terrors, according to all that
YAHWEH
your Elohim did for you in
Egypt before your eyes?
35 To you it was revealed, so that
you might know that
YAHWEH
He is
The Elohim,
and nothing exists
without Him.
(Is 45:18)
36 He made you hear His voice out
of the heavens, that He might
discipline you; and He made you to see
His great fire on earth; and you heard
His Word from the midst of the fire.
37 And because He loved your
fathers, and chose their seed after
them, and brought you out with His
presence, with His great power, out of
Egypt,
----------------------------footnote
fn 4 All three major religions worship paganism
in some form through stone and wood.
Christians have the wooden cross, Muslims
have the stone in Mecca and even Judaism
bows daily to the stone wall in Jerusalem
which is the remains of the Roman Fort
Antonia.
----------------------------------------------
38 in order to drive out nations
greater and mightier than you from
before you, to bring you in, to give
their land for an inheritance, as
it is
this day;
39 know today, and lay it to your
heart, that
YAHWEH
, He is The Elohim in the heavens above and on
the earth beneath. Nothing Else *1
40 And you shall keep His statutes
and His commandments which I am
commanding you today, so that it may
be well with you, and with your sons
after you, and so that you may prolong
your
days on the earth, which
YAHWEH
our Elohim is giving to you
all the days. *2 (Eccl 12:13)
-------------------footnotes
fn 1 This verse means there is no life without
Yahweh as the source.
fn 2 This was north and east of the Dead Sea on
the east side of the Jordan and again shows
that Mount Sinai had to be east of the Sinai
peninsula in Saudi Arabia.
----------------------------------

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

what on earth can I do?
Pray to God for her salvation. If I can give words of comfort, it's this.

When my grandmother died, who loved Jesus and lived a very humbling life the way Jesus said we ought to live, she died happy. The story goes that she suffered a stroke and could barely speak as it effected the left side of her face and body. That much is true. She collapsed on top of me when she got her first stroke.
But what amazes me is that when she passed away, my mother who with the rest of her sisters said that she looked upwards with a smile and spoke properly saying " can you see them, you have to see them, their coming." She passed away after that.
My point being that we don't know what comes for us, be it angels or demons.
Although your mam has not believed, who is to say that on her death bed, she sees something that changes her mind and calls on Jesus. The thief on the cross shows not only can you be saved from a life of sin, but that on your death bed you too can be saved.

Continue in prayer my friend, there is always hope, always.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot understand how a grieving son is responded to in debate. PLEASE! Turn off the debating.
Truth..believing it and living it.....trumps giving a carnal ,false comfort to a person seeking truth.we are to live according to objective truth....not carnal, subjective feelings.
Everyone we know and love is going to eventually be given a terminal diagnosis.
The truth does not change because the time of approaching death knocks on your door.
We are nowhere instructed to be like the world and ignore dealing with things head on and truthful.

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

what on earth can I do?

Pray for her continually. And ask God to open a door for you to be able to speak to her. Pray that He would speak to her even in dreams. I am sure, that God is communicating to her somehow, let's keep praying that she becomes receptive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums