My life is kind of in a shambles, prayers please

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've had a rough few months. I found out that my niece is some kind of witch/Satanist and has been for years. My atheist sister hassled me over Christmas for talking to my grandson about the nativity. My boyfriend of 12 years just broke up with me (which might be a good thing by the way he treated me the last few years). But, it's stressful nevertheless.
Please pray that I have some peace in my life considering I'm on a rollercoaster right now.
Thanks.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had a rough few months. I found out that my niece is some kind of witch/Satanist and has been for years. My atheist sister hassled me over Christmas for talking to my grandson about the nativity. My boyfriend of 12 years just broke up with me (which might be a good thing by the way he treated me the last few years). But, it's stressful nevertheless.
Please pray that I have some peace in my life considering I'm on a rollercoaster right now.
Thanks.
May the Lord have mercy on you Chrystal and grant you peace. May He meet your needs and desires and give you the strength to get through this and open a door for you for a better future and turn all these difficulties for your good and make them a blessing to you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Michie! When I see so much atheism and now Satanism in my family, it hurts. It just seems to be going from bad to worse. But, I'm praying for my niece every night to wake up to the Truth. I also pray for my sister (her mother) that she cast aside atheism for Jesus. My boyfriend used to go to church with me years ago, but has long since abandoned the faith. Even though he broke up with me, I will continue to pray for him to return to the church.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sin has its consequences, sorry. I pray you repent and never do that again. I pray you become a good example of Christ to your sister and live the truth that you espouse.
What are you talking about??

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks.

Wow that's awful, I'm sorry Chrystal. My gut says it's good that these things are more clearly defined for you, it's good that you now know your niece is a witch because you can maybe have a priest bless your home (again if it's already been done) and maybe see some guidance on the off-chance she's ever cast spells or performed witchcraft over you in some way. It also seems like a good thing in the long run that your boyfriend ended the relationship because you definitely deserve better.

But I get what you mean, all of these things are painful and upsetting and it especially sucks to deal with them around the holidays. I pray Our Lord and Our Lady guide you to a place of wholeness and peace and liberation from all those things.

Sin has its consequences, sorry. I pray you repent and never do that again. I pray you become a good example of Christ to your sister and live the truth that you espouse.

How the hell do you think she's at fault for any of that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow that's awful, I'm sorry Chrystal. My gut says it's good that these things are more clearly defined for you, it's good that you no know your niece is a witch because you can maybe have a priest bless your home (again if it's already been done) and maybe see some guidance on the off-chance she's ever cast spells or performed witchcraft over you in some way. It also seems like a good thing in the long run that your boyfriend ended the relationship because you definitely deserve better.

But I get what you mean, all of these things are painful and upsetting and it especially sucks to deal with them around the holidays. I pray Our Lord and Our Lady guide you to a place of wholeness and peace and liberation from all those things.

I think he is assuming she was shacking up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Wow that's awful, I'm sorry Chrystal. My gut says it's good that these things are more clearly defined for you, it's good that you now know your niece is a witch because you can maybe have a priest bless your home (again if it's already been done) and maybe see some guidance on the off-chance she's ever cast spells or performed witchcraft over you in some way. It also seems like a good thing in the long run that your boyfriend ended the relationship because you definitely deserve better.

Thanks so much Gnarwhal. It's definitely been a stressful month. And you're right, I'm much better off without my boyfriend. My adult son let me in on what he's really like and it wasn't pretty. (They used to be friends, but now my son can't stand him because of the way he treated both of us.) It's just stressful to break up with anyone, even if it's for your own good.
As far as my niece, I was shocked and saddened to find out she's into witchcraft/Satanism. It really bothered me a lot. I don't see her that often because she lives far away for work. But, on her Instagram, she's got Baphomet all over it and talks about being a witch. I'm praying for her nightly and hoping that she'll see the light.

Thanks again everyone for your prayers! I really appreciate them.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks so much Gnarwhal. It's definitely been a stressful month. And you're right, I'm much better off without my boyfriend. My adult son let me in on what he's really like and it wasn't pretty. (They used to be friends, but now my son can't stand him because of the way he treated both of us.) It's just stressful to break up with anyone, even if it's for your own good.
I totally understand. There's history, time invested, vulnerability, intimacy, etc tied into these relationships and the longer they last the more deeply those ties go. But if the guy was being a jerk to you and your son then as painful as I know it's been, I'm glad you're not in it anymore.

As far as my niece, I was shocked and saddened to find out she's into witchcraft/Satanism. It really bothered me a lot. I don't see her that often because she lives far away for work. But, on her Instagram, she's got Baphomet all over it and talks about being a witch. I'm praying for her nightly and hoping that she'll see the light.
As it should've, it's a deeply disturbing thing to know a stranger practices witchcraft and worships the devil, let alone a family member. Prayers are the best, and often the only, thing you can do for her so hopefully God's grace and mercy cuts through the demonic right into her heart and sets her free.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My sister just texted that my 90 year old dad is pale and unsteady on his feet today. :( When it rains, it pours.

Also, that priest who had a crush on me (and a really bad temper) sent me a Christmas card 3 years after I quit going to that church. I wish he'd just leave me alone.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My sister just texted that my 90 year old dad is pale and unsteady on his feet today. :( When it rains, it pours.

Also, that priest who had a crush on me (and a really bad temper) sent me a Christmas card 3 years after I quit going to that church. I wish he'd just leave me alone.
Praying for you and your father. That priest… very odd. Prayers for him as well.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
A Jehovah Witness that I've been trying to shake won't stop calling me, no matter how much I ignore her. She even went on the internet and looked up my home phone number! I never answered when she'd call, but that didn't stop her from calling me every other day. I accidentally answered the call once and told her I thought she was nice, but I was not interested in a study. She continued to call! Ugh.

My dad is feeling better. Thanks for your prayers!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Jehovah Witness that I've been trying to shake won't stop calling me, no matter how much I ignore her. She even went on the internet and looked up my home phone number! I never answered when she'd call, but that didn't stop her from calling me every other day. I accidentally answered the call once and told her I thought she was nice, but I was not interested in a study. She continued to call! Ugh.

Glad your dad is feeling better! As far as the JW, that is harassment but that’s a cult for you. I remember when mom was involved with JW’s they were actually peeking in the windows.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

If she doesn’t stop, go to the police or block her number.

Continued prayers

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Glad your dad is feeling better! As far as the JW, that is harassment but that’s a cult for you. I remember when mom was involved with JW’s they were actually peeking in the windows.
One time I was walking my dog and a car rolled up and some lady said she was this woman's sister. She kept asking me if I was feeling 'ok'. :oops:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟809,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Finally got the JW lady to leave me alone. I texted her that Jesus died on a cross, not a pole as they believe. And that I believed in the Trinity. I haven't heard from her since.

Upvote 0