My journey from being a Non-believer to a believer.

TJFreeman37

Apr 25, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
✟10,290.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi my name is Thomas I’m 23 I’m new here and I was a non-believer who found his faith again, this is my first post. My name is quite fitting in regards that Saint Thomas was the doubter of Christ. But I just wanted to say hi and tell you my story.

My story begins when I was first baptised as a Catholic as a baby, fast forward a few years and I attended church regularly with some of my family. On one occasion according to my parents I described a man who was bleeding and wearing sandals, so they asked me where he was and it was in corner of the church where there wasn’t any crucifixes of Jesus just an empty wall. Of course my parents thought that it was a bit strange. However I had forgot about this until last week I believe God stopped me from knowing this because of my lack of faith but as you’ll read on you’ll see I gained it again.

Next I completed my Holy Communion and that’s when things changed, I just stopped believing in God, I don’t know why. I just did. For the following years my life was a mess. Many bad things happened to me, I won’t explain them all but it was a bad time that’s for sure.

Fast forward to a week ago and I was at the final straw I had no purpose as a man, and my friend moved away I felt like a failure. So I decided to pray to God to guide me on the right path and show me a sign, I pleaded to him asking for help.

Less than 10 minutes later I got up to go in the shower and I felt something that I can only describe as a force pushing me off balance slightly and as if my chest had opened up, my breathing was extremely heavy, and my emotions took over like I’ve never felt before. The strange thing about this was they were happy tears, I was smiling but crying my eyes out. I know it wasn’t a panic attack because I have had these before. This was something different. Then suddenly I knew what my purpose was in life, it had been staring me in the face since I was a child, I’m a historian, and will always be a historian. As I continued to cry, I got in the shower and I knew this was God who had answered my prayer, I begged him to forgive me for my sins, I have never felt happier since, I get emotional just thinking about God even writing this. I promised God I would be a better Christian and I don’t want to let him down, I know I will sin but I want to learn to recognise my sins and repent. I am also now moving towards my goals and have a clear path that I can only thank God for.

That is my story I would love to learn more and speak to some great people.

May God bless you all.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi my name is Thomas I’m 23 I’m new here and I was a non-believer who found his faith again, this is my first post. My name is quite fitting in regards that Saint Thomas was the doubter of Christ. But I just wanted to say hi and tell you my story.

My story begins when I was first baptised as a Catholic as a baby, fast forward a few years and I attended church regularly with some of my family. On one occasion according to my parents I described a man who was bleeding and wearing sandals, so they asked me where he was and it was in corner of the church where there wasn’t any crucifixes of Jesus just an empty wall. Of course my parents thought that it was a bit strange. However I had forgot about this until last week I believe God stopped me from knowing this because of my lack of faith but as you’ll read on you’ll see I gained it again.

Next I completed my Holy Communion and that’s when things changed, I just stopped believing in God, I don’t know why. I just did. For the following years my life was a mess. Many bad things happened to me, I won’t explain them all but it was a bad time that’s for sure.

Fast forward to a week ago and I was at the final straw I had no purpose as a man, and my friend moved away I felt like a failure. So I decided to pray to God to guide me on the right path and show me a sign, I pleaded to him asking for help.

Less than 10 minutes later I got up to go in the shower and I felt something that I can only describe as a force pushing me off balance slightly and as if my chest had opened up, my breathing was extremely heavy, and my emotions took over like I’ve never felt before. The strange thing about this was they were happy tears, I was smiling but crying my eyes out. I know it wasn’t a panic attack because I have had these before. This was something different. Then suddenly I knew what my purpose was in life, it had been staring me in the face since I was a child, I’m a historian, and will always be a historian. As I continued to cry, I got in the shower and I knew this was God who had answered my prayer, I begged him to forgive me for my sins, I have never felt happier since, I get emotional just thinking about God even writing this. I promised God I would be a better Christian and I don’t want to let him down, I know I will sin but I want to learn to recognise my sins and repent. I am also now moving towards my goals and have a clear path that I can only thank God for.

That is my story I would love to learn more and speak to some great people.

May God bless you all.
I had a similar experience but in a chapel. Thanks for sharing. Nothing like a testimony. Keep sharing. It is what we are to do.

Reactions: TJFreeman37
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums