• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My home is full of dark negative energy

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If I turn to god it just makes things worse.
Why would it make things worse?
It suprises me that you say " if I turn to god it makes things worse ". You do realize that the ongoings in your home whether spiritual , physical or mental are being allowed to take place as a test from God, Our Father. It may be time to repent and go back to your first love, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. You will see a dramatic change. I'll pray for you. :prayer:
Be blessed.
I'm not sure if such a test would be from God. God is about peace and freedom.
You can only experience the peace and freedom of God by being in Christ and having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. (Philippians 4:7, Galatians 5:22)
Any test would be to see how much you are willing to cling to the hope of Christ and His Word, when it seems like the world around you, or even your sanity, may be crumbling.

Also you should know that God is about more than just peace and freedom. Remember how Jesus said he came not to bring peace, but a sword? (Matthew 10:34) Something else to consider...
I plan to and I thought I had but there is always something lurking. I've always been close with the spirit world ever since I was very young. I've seen things and experienced stuff in my time. I will write down what you said and try that. I have felt better within myself apart from suffering from stress relating to other things.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the feeling you are either holding on to, or giving power to, this spirit world that you refer to. You say you've been close to it since a young age, and that you've seen things. Is that because you've wanted to see them perhaps?
As I say, please don't take offense, I'm just giving you another option to consider.
Regardless, what should hopefully start becoming clear for you is that Jesus Christ is above all this; for this spirit world is under His command, and yours, when you are in Him.

I pray that the Lord will pierce your heart with the Living Word as found in the Holy Bible. Let the Spirit guide you unto all Truth, becoming indwelt by His presence and having the peace that surpasses all understanding.
Father, if you are willing, let the Power of Your Spirit drive this soul such that he will have all authority and confidence to drive out this presence from his home, just like Paul was able to drive out the spirit from the woman with a spirit of divination (Acts of the Apostles 16:18)
I pray in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really need too although sometimes I feel its going to take something more.
You need to fast and pray. Anoint your house and get the help of seasoned pastors that specialize in deliverance to help

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK there is something I wouldn't normally post because it sounds crazy... When I was younger a kid I grew up in a haunted house and to cut it a long story short I had an encounter with a demon, they came in the form of two twins who'd climb on top of me and beat me I was was paralyzed and could not move and then one night I got so fed up I got this power from out of nowhere and fightered them and since then my life hasn't been easy. It may be a coincidence I don't know. I've seen and experienced a lot of paranormal stuff in my time its crazy.

I don't think its anybody doing anything near by. I think I've more likely got an attachment that has been with me a lot of my life that attracts negative energy.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...I got this power from out of nowhere and fightered them and since then my life hasn't been easy.
Is that what you meant in your other post when you said if your turn to God it just makes things worse?
I don't think its anybody doing anything near by. I think I've more likely got an attachment that has been with me a lot of my life that attracts negative energy.
I think you're right. It sounds more like it's coming from you rather than any neighbours.
So I'll ask you again, do you think there is something about this spirit world that you are holding on to, or giving power to?

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that what you meant in your other post when you said if your turn to God it just makes things worse?

I think you're right. It sounds more like it's coming from you rather than any neighbours.
So I'll ask you again, do you think there is something about this spirit world that you are holding on to, or giving power to?
Its not really a case of something I'm holding onto but rather something I know exists and I try my best not to give power to such demonic entities or those who have crossed over that haven't gone to the light. Not everything is evil in the spirit world, however there are always demons larking. An angel of God will tell me to disregard it, but how can I? OK I'll disregard it until the next time. My life still stays the same with negative things going on regardless.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Its not really a case of something I'm holding onto but rather something I know exists and I try my best not to give power to such demonic entities or those who have crossed over that haven't gone to the light. Not everything is evil in the spirit world, however there are always demons larking. An angel of God will tell me to disregard it, but how can I? OK I'll disregard it until the next time. My life still stays the same with negative things going on regardless.
How is your relationship with Jesus Christ? Are you reading the Bible, and can you meet with other believers?
Regardless of what's going on in the spirit world, you still need to be nourished by His Word and have the support of fellow believers so that you may encourage one another.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK there is something I wouldn't normally post because it sounds crazy... When I was younger a kid I grew up in a haunted house and to cut it a long story short I had an encounter with a demon, they came in the form of two twins who'd climb on top of me and beat me I was was paralyzed and could not move and then one night I got so fed up I got this power from out of nowhere and fightered them and since then my life hasn't been easy. It may be a coincidence I don't know. I've seen and experienced a lot of paranormal stuff in my time its crazy.

Oddly enough, there is a kind of sleep paralysis that can occur with dreams. I've had similar experiences to what you say, dreaming about a demon or something holding me down and not being able to move.

Not saying that you did or didn't experience a demon, just that it could have originated from your mind.

So two basic approaches, spiritual and physical. If you do all the right spiritual stuff, your heart is right with God, you've talked with a pastor or priest, maybe had an exorcism of your house done, and you're still having experiences, you may wish to talk to a medical doctor.

• Agree
Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Things have been improving in my home. I've just got to keep remembering that only God has authority of my home and I will not fear any dark energy. Sometimes I will have strange dreams of dark and unsettling things but I just have to keep reaching out and to remember that I am much stronger than dark entities. It feels better now but could be better, however I do have other things going on in my life which contributes like for example loneliness and uncertainty, things going on that are beyond my control.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Things have been improving in my home. I've just got to keep remembering that only God has authority of my home and I will not fear any dark energy. Sometimes I will have strange dreams of dark and unsettling things but I just have to keep reaching out and to remember that I am much stronger than dark entities. It feels better now but could be better, however I do have other things going on in my life which contributes like for example loneliness and uncertainty, things going on that are beyond my control.
Praise be to God! That's wonderful news my friend. I have no doubt you are under God's protection. This can be the thing which helps you to become more reliant upon Him. It could be a blessing in disguise. You are stronger in Him.

The uncertainty you have will turn into certainty as you see God's Power cast out these negative forces as you keep turning to Him, through Jesus.
It would be better to be with a body of other believers that can help pray for, and encourage, you, but I do believe there is power through this forum, and God can use any means.

In my own life, I still have experiences at times of negative entities. This manifests in physical feelings and sometimes terrifying psychic visions. It is a battle, but the more I stay connected to Jesus, and walk and talk with Him, the less these things impact my life. He is greater!
Psalms 23:4 always comes to mind in these times. Other verses from the Bible may arise also. Saying "Jesus is Lord" is very powerful, and praying in faithfulness and thanksgiving helps. Something like "Thank You Father, I know you are with me and You have control in this situation". I'm more describing how I deal with my own situations, rather than giving you instructions here, but the template will be similar, I feel. That is: Prayer and Scripture.

I pray that God is going to help you develop your faith in Jesus Christ and the living Word of the Bible that is a true weapon against all evil. I pray also that He will bring you into contact with other Christians in your area. In Jesus name. Amen.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
God bless you

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Good to hear, that things are improving in your home. :)

I had an interest in the paranormal earlier in life and it unbalanced me, I would watch popular horror films, and then it went into a book on the subject of the unexplained. I had to eventually get rid of that book. Horror films and films about the paranormal can be a snare, so I try and avoid those.

If you want to use holy water, make sure you are using a christian blessing, and not a wiccan or reiki one. Please ask for advice on the forums if you are not sure.

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Phillipians 4:8

Here is a sample of sort of prayer you can pray:

O heavenly Father, Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to bless and sanctify this house and all who dwell therein and everything else in it, and do Thou vouchsafe to fill it with all good things; grant to them, O Lord, the abundance of heavenly blessings and from the richness of the earth every substance necessary for life, and finally direct their desires to the fruits of Thy mercy. At our entrance, therefore, deign to bless and sanctify this house as Thou didst deign to bless the house of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob; and may the angels of Thy light, dwelling within the walk of this house, protect it and those who dwell therein. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayers For Home Blessing - Powerful & Uplifting Words For Prayer (prayerist.com)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good to hear, that things are improving in your home. :)

I had an interest in the paranormal earlier in life and it unbalanced me, I would watch popular horror films, and then it went into a book on the subject of the unexplained. I had to eventually get rid of that book. Horror films and films about the paranormal can be a snare, so I try and avoid those.

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Phillipians 4:8

Here is a sample of sort of prayer you can pray:

O heavenly Father, Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to bless and sanctify this house and all who dwell therein and everything else in it, and do Thou vouchsafe to fill it with all good things; grant to them, O Lord, the abundance of heavenly blessings and from the richness of the earth every substance necessary for life, and finally direct their desires to the fruits of Thy mercy. At our entrance, therefore, deign to bless and sanctify this house as Thou didst deign to bless the house of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob; and may the angels of Thy light, dwelling within the walk of this house, protect it and those who dwell therein. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayers For Home Blessing - Powerful & Uplifting Words For Prayer (prayerist.com)

Whatever is Lovely - YouTube
Hi dms1972,

That's such a great passage!

I did a search for Whatever is Lovely on YouTube, and I found this song. I'm not sure if it's what you were thinking of or not, but it's got a great message so I made a post about it here:

Whatever is Lovely - scripture-based song

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi dms1972,

That's such a great passage!

I did a search for Whatever is Lovely on YouTube, and I found this song. I'm not sure if it's what you were thinking of or not, but it's got a great message so I made a post about it here:

Whatever is Lovely - scripture-based song

Thanks for posting that, I didn't get the link added to my post correctly. That was the song.

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like there may be one or more evil spirits in your house, you can get rid of them right now! I would highly recommend you pleading the blood of Jesus over your house or apartment (whatever you have), then bind the evil spirits, and command them to go in Jesus' name! Just say "Lord I plead Your blood over my house/apartment and everything in it" and also "I bind every demonic spirit in this house/apartment and I command you to go now in the name of Jesus." Those spirits can't stay when you do this! I moved into my current apartment years ago only to find that it was infested with spirits, I did what I just suggested to you and I felt a sensation like the air in my apartment was on fire, then all of the spirits left, the atmosphere here has changed dramatically, it is nice and peaceful now. I would also recommend getting another believer that you know (a pastor or someone else) to come over to your place and pray through each room and cleanse it and also pray over your house/apartment, that will help alot too!

• Useful
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I turn to god it just makes things worse.

You need to persist in seeking God. Seeking God is not just a five-minute prayer, it is daily spending a decent amount of time with Jesus. When you do that the darkness will leave. God's presence of peace will fill your home, rather than darkness and fear.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sadly there are no persists here in London that would offer that. Those days have been long gone. I try to spend as much time with God as possible but sometimes I am blocked. God has authority over my home and I will continue to believe in that. It has helped a lot already. The dark spirits can only enter if they are invited otherwise I'll let God close any portals and to get rid of any that are still lingering. Dominic entities are weak in Gods presence.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to persist in seeking God. Seeking God is not just a five-minute prayer, it is daily spending a decent amount of time with Jesus. When you do that the darkness will leave. God's presence of peace will fill your home, rather than darkness and fear.
This passage came to my mind

Matthew 7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

I believe the key is to keep on asking, seeking, knocking.

Peace be with you all :heart:

• Prayers
Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0