Never give up hope.
Dec 31, 2011
Montgomery, IL.
✟15,246.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone, my names Josh, a new user of this forum, I'm pretty glad forums like this exist and I'm excited to be here. I'm here and I have a pretty interesting story I'd like to share with those who are interested, how God turned an Atheist into a Christian believer, I'm also about 3 weeks into the Christian faith, so this is pretty new to me, many new experiences and changes have happened in this short period of time. Anyways, here is how I realized the existence of God.

God, being angry at me for my life of sin and also not believing in his existence, showed me his wrath. My goodness, how scary this experience was. I was filled with a terror unlike any other, and I just couldn't explain what it was. I thought I was going to die from fear and terror alone. This fear lasted about half an hour If I remember correctly. It started while I was in my room, I was watching a show called King Of The Hill a comedy cartoon not really strong on Christianity, but it is mentioned quite a few times during the series, and one of the characters, Luanne , was doing a Christian puppet show for children, and during her story with her puppets, the puppets were in a bad situation and Luanne said "Who wants to live in a world without God?" and then said to the puppets, "God does care, and he will show it!" As soon as she said that my body was filled with terror unlike anything I have ever known. Like God was squeezing me. I walked out of my bedroom and sat for a bit in the living room, trying to understand what was going on. My grandmother told me she saw a child alone near the elementary school right near our house, and even though I was nearly dying out of fear, I decided to check it out. I didn't tell her what was happening to me, but I'm sure she noticed I was acting pretty odd for the time this was going on. That "child" near the school wall made me think it was actually a demon, waiting to drag me down to hell.

Now at this point I was feeling much pity for myself, and feeling pretty sorry for myself at this point because I wasn't sure what I did wrong to deserve this, or if this was even God doing it. I was confused. Right before I was about to leave the house to see if it was a young child alone out there, which I really didn't think it was, I heard on the TV a woman say, look at him! He's feeling sorry for himself! The audience in the background laughed. Which is exactly how I was feeling, like the television was mocking me. Coincidence? I don't think so. God sure does work in mysterious ways.

So I leave the house and walk on down across the field, to the school, and this child was nothing more than a bucket, and the bucket had a hole in it on the back and a faucet-like thing was poking out from inside the bucket hole. Must of been a faucet that was connected to the school wall, and a bucket connected to it for whatever reason. It looked like crimson liquid was dripping out from the bucket, not much, almost like blood. Here, I was at the height of the dread, and I walked back home, God, it seemed like such a long walk even though I didn't walk far, must of been from the dread, I was trembling.

My neighbor, Flow, had a beautiful setup on her lawn, the 3 wise men, Mary and Joseph, and Jesus in his manger. I felt like I had to go up there, so instead of heading back into the house, I walked up near where this manger setup was, and said, here I am, an unwelcome guest, forgive me. I walked up to Jesus's manger, I got on my knees, and begged for help, to help take this horrible dread away from me, when that didn't work, I got up, and walked away towards my house.

I turned around and I said to Jesus, I want to call you Lord. Immediately the dread and terror I was feeling was lifted from my body, I felt none of the dread I felt before. So, let me tell you my friends, I sure do believe in God now. So here I am, slowly trying to get deeper into the Christian faith. Please read Psalm 53, let me know what it means, it seems to be why I was in the situation I was in.

1 The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their ways are vile;
there is no one who does good. 2 God looks down from heaven
on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.
3 Everyone has turned away, all have become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
4 Do all these evildoers know nothing?
They devour my people as though eating bread;
they never call on God.
5 But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
where there was nothing to dread.
God scattered the bones of those who attacked you;
you put them to shame, for God despised them.
6 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When God restores his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

Anyways, God bless, and thank you for reading. I'll be around, posting. Take care. Wish me luck, and please pray for me.

Last edited:

FromTheDarknessToTheLight

Never give up hope.
Dec 31, 2011
Montgomery, IL.
✟15,246.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Thank you guys, thank you for replying. Things are going great for me, I've really never been happier. It seems to me that when someone is really trying to get deep and devout into the Christian faith, and get closer to Jesus, Satan attacks your mind in anyway he can, to try to draw you further away from the Lord. Oh how he tries, and he is persistent. Now I believe in supernatural forces, there's always a war going on around you, Satan and his minions always trying to attack your mind, and make you doubt Jesus, and think strange things, while angels surround you fighting away the evil that attacks you. I never really understood what was going on at the time and why God was doing that to me, I thought it was out of hate, but now I'm sure it was out of love. He wanted me to put my faith in his son so I wouldn't need to see the fires of hell. He also knew I would be so much happier with the new found faith in Christ. He wanted me to fear him, and make his son my strength. Like a spanking, if you will. Tough love.: Edit... Oh, and how could I forget, Happy New Year everyone! May 2012 bring you many blessings, and much happiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

floridasun

Sep 26, 2006
Florida
✟8,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow Josh !! thank you for sharing your testimony...that was wonderful..:)

Welcome to God's family....I'm glad you are here...I want to encourage to find a good, solid, biblical church as soon as possible and share your testimony with the pastor....and get plugged with other believers who will help you and encourage you in your new life in Christ...

I will pray for you in your new life with Christ...I want to let you know you will not be in this journey alone...you will have other believers praying for you and encouraging you...:)

If you need anything, please pm message me...be bless..

...Nestor...

Upvote 0

FromTheDarknessToTheLight

Never give up hope.
Dec 31, 2011
Montgomery, IL.
✟15,246.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hey dude. You are now part of a big family. Keep close to the Lord and do not let the Word that was sown in your heart be choked up by the cares of this life. Have you found a church?
Yeah, I go to St. Luke's church in Montgomery. I live really close by so that's a plus. It's a nice church, the pastor is soft spoken and has a wonderful personality. First time going there I was greeted by him when I was sitting down before they did some children's play about the birth of Jesus. I was really surprised. Either I stuck out like a sore thumb there 'cause I was new to the church and they haven't had a newcomer in a while, or the pastor just has a good memory of faces and noticed I was new. Anyways, it's a nice church, I do enjoy going every Sunday.

EDIT: You have had my prayers in helping you find a good, loving church. I hope you find one with great people. If by chance you're Lutheran and live nearby this is a really nice church, you should stop in sometime. If not, I will keep you in my prayers. A good church is something everyone needs, and deserves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums