My First Topic

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
OK... Some day I will have to post an invite for the Catholics to debate me. It's good to hear from you, hope to speak to you again. Hey maybe I should start a post here.^_^ Bye for now.
Sure, post away! But give us a few days to recover from the last 'debate' hehe!

Maybe fellowship a bit? we have some good threads about pie . . .

Upvote 0

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's the point of this thread? Mystery, you posted something., we then began discussing it, and you then became frustrated with us for discussing this topic. Why did you start this thread? The purpose of this forum is for discussion. If you don't want what you say to be discussed then just type what you have to say into Word and read it yourself. I really really want to discuss this topic with you, and I'm sure that others do as well.

Upvote 0

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What's the point of this thread? Mystery, you posted something., we then began discussing it, and you then became frustrated with us for discussing this topic. Why did you start this thread? The purpose of this forum is for discussion. If you don't want what you say to be discussed then just type what you have to say into Word and read it yourself. I really really want to discuss this topic with you, and I'm sure that others do as well.
According to a PM I recieved, I believe MysteryChristian may have decided to move on.

Upvote 0

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I hate that. I really enjoyed talking with him.
I never really got the feeling that he and I were talking, but more that he was talking and I was supposed to just sit back and listen.

Funny, but we never really got to the core of his views.

BTW, How was your birthday Adammi? Hope it was fun!

Upvote 0

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I never really got the feeling that he and I were talking, but more that he was talking and I was supposed to just sit back and listen.

Funny, but we never really got to the core of his views.

BTW, How was your birthday Adammi? Hope it was fun!
It was great. I'm still chewing on my mom's world famous chocolate chip cookies that she made for the occasion, so yes, the celebration continues. lol

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mystery was apparently frightened away by people disagreeing with the way he saw things. We weren't actually supposed to "discuss" it, we were simply supposed to hear what he was saying and convert to his way of thinking. We didn't do that, which means we're not true Christians, have an unteachable spirit, and don't want to hear the Word. (Did anyone catch his "this is how they treated Jesus" diatribe?) :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

mysterychristian

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mystery was apparently frightened away by people disagreeing with the way he saw things. We weren't actually supposed to "discuss" it, we were simply supposed to hear what he was saying and convert to his way of thinking. We didn't do that, which means we're not true Christians, have an unteachable spirit, and don't want to hear the Word. (Did anyone catch his "this is how they treated Jesus" diatribe?) :doh:
Not scared at all but i didnt post to discuss, I asked a question, read it again. Then I got into some stupid back and forth talk around the point because someone doesnt understand that the word ALL means ALL.

If I were to say the whole Bible ALL of it, the king james version, which I did , they still had some dumb comment to make like they were trying to analize and debate the word ALL and the word SCRIPTURE.

Lets back up what we say from NOW ON on this thread, with the BIBLE, and for those of you who have no trust in the BIBLE then why would you even be in this conversation other than to disrupt it, I started this thread not you go start your own.

I will do my best word for word and line by line to back up what I say in the correct context.

I will refrain from the best of my abilities not to put my opinions in but only biblically based truth that can be backed up.

This is the only kind of foundational basis we should have for truth NOT our own opinions or we will fight and argue forever.

If you do not know the Bibe well and still want to have a say and input go for it but be prepared for me to come back possibly with a biblical based answer.

Of course any true answer that comes from the Bible has to line up with logic and the practicality of life, so that is a good place to start, logic and practicality of life.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not scared at all but i didnt post to discuss, I asked a question, read it again. Then I got into some stupid back and forth talk around the point because someone doesnt understand that the word ALL means ALL.

If I were to say the whole Bible ALL of it, the king james version, which I did , they still had some dumb comment to make like they were trying to analize and debate the word ALL and the word SCRIPTURE.

Lets back up what we say from NOW ON on this thread, with the BIBLE, and for those of you who have no trust in the BIBLE then why would you even be in this conversation other than to disrupt it, I started this thread not you go start your own.

I will do my best word for word and line by line to back up what I say in the correct context.

I will refrain from the best of my abilities not to put my opinions in but only biblically based truth that can be backed up.

This is the only kind of and a foundational basis for truth other than our own opinions or we will fight and argue forever.

If you do not know the Bibe well and still want to have a say and input go for it but be prepared for me to caome back possibly with a biblical based answer. Of course any true answer that come from the Bible has to line up with logic and the practicality of life, so that is a good place to start, logic and practicality of life.

There is a verse that says always learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth, that is where some of you are at, like it or not. Dean M actually seems to be very level headed, and most likely a good hearted guy, I dont know havent heard much from him sense I PM him, with how i felt about his comments.

if you want to preach, become a minister for a church. this is a discussion forum. if you don't like it that people don't agree with your reasoning about the "word" pray about it.

take care!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mysterychristian

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if you want to preach, become a minister for a church. this is a discussion forum. if you don't like it that people don't agree with your reasoning about the "word" pray about it.

take care!

Jump in and run, kinda like a sniper good war tactics hit-em and run......

Upvote 0

mysterychristian

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

take care!
IF you do not like it that I share the word then go to another thread, I can say the same to you cant I.

Oh you want to be hypocritical, you can say what you want and bellieve but I can not say what I want and believe?

Upvote 0

mysterychristian

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a DISCUSSION FORUM, isn't it? ;)

Why would you come here to post a question if you did not wish to discuss it? :confused:
why is it frowned upon when someone Teaches, Reproves or Corrects another, with the intention of Instructing them in Righteousness?

This is the Question at hand from my post.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If this verse is true, which we all should know it is, why is it frowned upon when someone Teaches, Reproves or Corrects another, with the intention of Instructing them in Righteousness?

If people err because they do not know the Word, the Scriptures, then logically they need a knowledge of God's Word.
Short answer? Because they don't necessarily need it from YOU, and YOU don't necessarily have it right, either -- or have THE right, for that matter -- to impart to them.

Not YOU personally and specifically per se, but anyone who might attempt such a thing. Lets look at a few facts.
  1. A difference always exists between what someone says and what someone else hears. Hence this same difference will always exist between what Scripture actually says and how one reads it. (JC Himself acknowledges this difference by posing the question He poses in Luke 10:26).
  2. Therefore, YOU (whomever thinks it their duty to impart this "instruction") may not necessarily have the correct understanding to begin with EVEN IF you bes 100% spiritually "certain" in YOUR mind that you do.
  3. Even if you have the right understanding, YOU might not be capable of communicating it in the right way, meaning, the way that will open up the heart and mind of the receiver rather than slamming them shut, encasing them in lead, and setting 40,000 locking devices upon them.
  4. EVEN IF you have the correct understanding AND you bes good communicator, you STILL may not have the proper STANDING or POSITION in someone else's life to address something that personal with them. You see, human society functions on a series of relational degrees fraught with boundaries. Fact of the matter bes this: no matter how perfect your understanding of Scripture or your communication skills, if you have no STANDING with someone to even be addressing personal and intimate matters such as how they think and feel, hello, then you should not presume to attempt it, period. Confine your compulsion to correct everyone in sight but yourself to merely sharing your point of view in a general sense on venues such as these. If you bes truly overwrought with GENUINE CONCERN for your BROTHER or SISTER's welfare, then pray for them. But humans bes funny about them boundaries, and if you try to take up a personal matter with someone you barely know or only know online, particularly if you have never established a relationship remotely consisting of mutual NURTURE and SUPPORT first? Ummm, dude? That bes about as appropriate as ripping off a lady's clothes on your first date and putting your hands someplace they've no business going. It bes, yes, a VIOLATION and guaranteed, it will NOT be well received.
  5. When invasive, violating intrusions upon someone else's life bes not well received? Um, dude? It bes not the recipient/complainant what bes at fault. It bes the one what dids it that bes at fault. Word.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have Moriah's sympathies there, ducks. It frequently ends up getting into "stupid back and forth talk around the point" when others refuse to recognize that the word ALL means ALL......
..... of course, with Moriah, this tends to occur when it discusses Romans 5 rather than 2 Timothy 3. :D

[bible]Romans 5:18[/bible]

Yep, some ppls just bes so stuck on the Bad Olds they don't have room for the Good News. :clap:

Upvote 0