Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I finally bought a Blu-ray burner/player for my PC. When I looked around the net for test reviews, I discovered that not all Blu-ray drives can play 4K or record on 100GB discs. This discovery helped me in deciding which drive to purchase...I chose the Pioneer BDR-S12UHT. This burner/player is a perfect fit for my ultra wide monitor and my back up needs. It cost double the price (120 Euros) of a standard drive, but it plays Blu-rays in 4K and it can write up to 128GB on one BDXL disc.

pioneer_bluray.JPG

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genuinely curious, what are you writing to the Bluray? I honestly have not seen or heard of any general consumer use case for it between other permanent storage solutions and the fact that USB is generally a lot faster.

Backup of data. I use Verbatim's 100GB Lifetime Archival discs for my important data. The discs have a very long shelf life. They cost around 14 Euros a disc, so I only use those for permanent archival. For all other backups, I use standard Verbatim 25GB discs (cost around 30 Euros for a 50 pack). Mechanical and thumb drives are too unreliable for backups.

Verbatim.jpg

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Question, where are you mounting it to? Cases don't come with places to stick dvd/bluray drives anymore. Why I don't know... guess they figure everybody uses flash drives.

I use a flash drive to install windows or to flash bios's or asomething. But... that's about it.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Question, where are you mounting it to? Cases don't come with places to stick dvd/bluray drives anymore. Why I don't know... guess they figure everybody uses flash drives.

You can still get plenty of brands that do if you don't want a fancy or minimalist looking one:
MasterBox E501L | Cooler Master Australia
COUGAR MX331 Mesh-G - Mid Tower Gaming Case - COUGAR (cougargaming.com)
Carbide Series™ 100R Mid-Tower Case (corsair.com)
V100 with 500W Power Supply (thermaltake.com.au)

(or if you just re-use old cases)

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Ah mid towers didn't think of those. I haven't used them since I was in high school. Maybe someday I'll downgrade because getting a full tower case for under $3-$400 is just impossible. I can buy a good motherboard for that.

I just like full tower cases because they're easier to work in (I do a lot of computer repair and upgrading). That, and video cards are the size of king Kong these days. I mean, really. I don't think an rtx 3000 series would even fit inside of a mid tower. Could be wrong.

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
I just like full tower cases because they're easier to work in (I do a lot of computer repair and upgrading). That, and video cards are the size of king Kong these days. I mean, really. I don't think an rtx 3000 series would even fit inside of a mid tower. Could be wrong.

Eh, you get a good one and they're fine - huge ones just take up too much space and weight.

I imagine a 3060 and maybe 3070 would. x60 cards are usually more than fine to fit in mid-cases.

Upvote 0

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I use a flash drive to install windows or to flash bios's or asomething. But... that's about it.

You're right, it's getting harder to find cases with 5.25 external slots. Over the last 15 years I've used cases from the company bequiet!, fortunately they still make a few with the slots for 5.25 drives.

mypc.jpg

Upvote 0

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah mid towers didn't think of those. I haven't used them since I was in high school. Maybe someday I'll downgrade because getting a full tower case for under $3-$400 is just impossible. I can buy a good motherboard for that.

The company bequiet! (a German company) sells really good full tower cases with 5.25 external slots (Dark Base 900 Pro - 225 Euros / Dark Base 900 - 170 Euros).

My case is a midi tower...the Pure Base 600

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The company bequiet! (a German company) sells really good full tower cases with 5.25 external slots (Dark Base 900 Pro - 225 Euros / Dark Base 900 - 170 Euros).

My case is a midi tower...the Pure Base 600

That looks a lot like the Corsair 780t I bought about 5 years ago. I still have it but I gave it to my wife. 225 Euros is a little over 300 US? It seems every compontent to a computer (besides an SSD I usually don't buy one over 500gbs) costs at least $300 now. I really miss when full tower cases were under $150. At least processor prices are a bit down now. What cost $800 in the past is now under 500 bucks. It's a couple generations old but I have a i9 10850k and I paid like $385 for it about a year and a half ago.

Reactions: Dreams65
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I like the ITX format.

Sorry what is itx format I'm not familiar.

Oh wait nvm I remember you mean mini-itx motherboards right? Maybe I should invest in one, I hate when your mobo takes up like 70% of your case.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry what is itx format I'm not familiar.

Oh wait nvm I remember you mean mini-itx motherboards right? Maybe I should invest in one, I hate when your mobo takes up like 70% of your case.

Correct

Upvote 0