Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For years I've been using Philips headphones. The last ones I had I bought in 2008 and replaced them just a few days ago. I prefer over ear cans to other variations. I can't stand to have something shoved into my ear canal and cans that just lay on my ears don't give me the same sound experience as over ear headphones.

Since my desk is in the bedroom, I needed headphones that are noise canceling. Don't want to disturb the Mrs. while she is sleeping. My price limit was 130 Euros. I could afford something in the 500 Euro range, but I listen to most media content on the PC and a 500 Euro pair of headphones wouldn't make any difference in sound quality compared to something in a lower price range.

Here's what I bought:

sennheiser hd 569.jpg

Sennheiser HD 569, purchased for 120 Euros

These are some really good noise-isolating over-ear headphones. I can turn them up as loud as I want without disturbing anyone and the sound quality is excellent. They are also very comfortable and I can easily wear them for long periods of time. I highly recommend these.

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I like cans but they are mainly only good for inactivity as they are hard to use while moving around and working and walking you have to go to something else that either hooks over the ear or earbuds. The problem with these options is trying to "guess" what they sound like when you can't "try before you buy". I bought a pair of earbuds about 13 years ago made by soundblaster and they cost me about $50 and sound great and I have a cheap pair of sony earphones that I like but find the design doesn't work consistently in my ears as you have to jam them in just right to both get them to stay and also to align them and seal them so they sound good. If you don't get them right the base suffers and they aren't as loud on that side. I've seen BT neckbuds? not sure what they call them but the controls and electronics/batteries sit on your neck/shoulders area they attracted me as I was looking for 10-12 hours runtime off a charge but sadly most offered 6 maybe 8 hours runtime. We now have improved earbuds that I'm not sure of the runtime that come in charging cases? If you can't replace the batteries I guess they are disposable as over time the batteries will age and runtime will continue to drop till you can't just use them without charging half way through a session.
It is sort of like trying to buy a car before you can drive it IMO.

Reactions: Dreams65
Upvote 0

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like cans but they are mainly only good for inactivity as they are hard to use while moving around and working and walking you have to go to something else that either hooks over the ear or earbuds.

I work at home, so I'm at my desk 12 to 14 hours a day. My wife though is always on the move, so she prefers multi-purpose earbuds. You're right that it sucks that you can't try before you buy. I've bought the Mrs. buds before and they just ended up in a drawer. She finally settled on a set of Galaxy Buds Pro from Samsung.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I work at home, so I'm at my desk 12 to 14 hours a day. My wife though is always on the move, so she prefers multi-purpose earbuds. You're right that it sucks that you can't try before you buy. I've bought the Mrs. buds before and they just ended up in a drawer. She finally settled on a set of Galaxy Buds Pro from Samsung.
I've read lots of reviews and the problem is the overwhelming amount of choices and lack of good information helpful enough to decide makes for more of "guessing" than choosing. Unless you know someone that has something that they like to give you an idea and maybe even allow you to check them out. I'm not sure I like the separate ear buds with no wires and built in tiny batteries if you happen to have one knocked out of your ear you may never see it again I actually got a bluetooth controller for my wired earbuds that has its own battery and you can plug a 1/8 stereo jack into it and it works well but there is still the long wires that get in the way. With sets costing from $10 to $500 it makes it hard to decide how much you "need" to spend to be happy with them.

Reactions: Dreams65
Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟414,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would look into SkullCandy over-the-ear bluetooth headphones or even Sony's bluetooth headphones. You can find all these types for really cheap on Facebook Marketplace.

Upvote 0