Jun 30, 2010
✟15,214.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have been pencilled in to fight at gatecrasher nightclub in Birmingham in a 3 round amateur contest in October, I thought I would experiment and keep a training and nutrition blog on this forum, just to give any other boxers/fighters/generally interested people the chance to feed back what they thought.

On commencement of training my bodyweight is 183 lbs, my last big lifts were bench press 275lbs (2 reps, pretty much my maximum) Deadlift 374lbs (1 rep max) Squat 330lbs (1 rep max) clean and jerk 187lbs (2 reps).

I tend to split my training into light mornings and heavier evenings, so this morning for example I just did 20 minutes skipping in rounds and around 500 sit ups of various types. Tonight I will do heavy weights, for power and strength, rowing for fat loss and cardio, and some ab work.

Hopefully people will find this at least an interesting journey if nothing else, as I'm 13 - 14 weeks out from the fight I won't be training too ontensely at the moment. But will keep you posted as to whats going on :)