Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
"No one accepts The Steady State Theory"? But you cry that theories are 'proven'.

What part of "it's been discarded" didn't you understand?
It was replaced by big bang theory.

I can assure you, I am not trolling.

I was secretly hoping that you were, to be honest.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The part where you *assume* that BB theory can't be replaced right back to a steady state model?

Discarded models are discarded for a reason.
Big bang might surely be replaced in the future for a better more accurate model.

But it won't be a model that's already been discarded.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Discarded models are discarded for a reason.
Big bang might surely be replaced in the future for a better more accurate model.

But it won't be a model that's already been discarded.

It will most likely be a static universe model, not necessarily a steady state one, but you can be sure that a model that is 95 percent placeholder terms for human ignorance is definitely going to be replaced sooner or later. I wouldn't get emotionally attached to LCMD, that's for sure. :)

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,084.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
So are you saying now that Evolution (I gave the definition many times already) where one species of a type, like a gorilla does turn into, or speciate into, or morphs into, or gives birth to another completely different species like a human?
Please answer me that simple question, .. does, or does not a gorilla evolve, turn, speciate, morphs or gives birth to a human in it's lifetime?

The simple answer is that the changes occur between generations. Every living thing is slightly different from its parents (as a result of differences in its genome), and these small changes accumulate over the generations. Of course a gorilla, or any other animal, does not evolve, turn, speciate or morph into another species of animal in its lifetime; that would be Lamarckianism, which was disproved about a hundred years ago.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Why is speciation only talked about in fossils? What, do you actually believe that "speciation" happens in the grave, where dried up bones of one species of animal speciate into another?

Why do you seem to delight in obviously and transparently admitting that you do not know a single bloody thing about evolution?

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It will most likely be a static universe model, not necessarily a steady state one, but you can be sure that a model that is 95 percent placeholder terms for human ignorance is definitely going to be replaced sooner or later. I wouldn't get emotionally attached to LCMD, that's for sure. :)

What a surprise. Michael makes it about his obsession again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They're quotes from the link you posted :doh:

Well here is the actual words:

Nikki Nyx wrote:
You're wasting your time here. No one cares about your twisted dogma. No one cares to listen to you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] about problems you yourself caused through your own actions. It's clear to us that you should be Section 12'd for your own good.

And mine:
I do not wast my time here as you "do not care". That is just your problem. You only care for yourself. So I am at the right place to heal you of your lack of Love.

You see how I proof again that Jesus died for the sins. Yours in this case. Your loveless behavior. He died for it. But the benefit of His death is for me. Now I have the ability to Forgive you as your sins, in this case lack of love, is covered by His death. And as the result I can help you to heal from your selfish heart because of my Grace. Where Grace is Love to those like you that does not deserve it.

Hatred vs Love.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Nikki Nyx wrote:
You're wasting your time here. No one cares about your twisted dogma. No one cares to listen to you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] about problems you yourself caused through your own actions. It's clear to us that you should be Section 12'd for your own good.

And mine:
I do not wast my time here as you "do not care". That is just your problem. You only care for yourself. So I am at the right place to heal you of your lack of Love.

You see how I proof again that Jesus died for the sins. Yours in this case. Your loveless behavior. He died for it. But the benefit of His death is for me. Now I have the ability to Forgive you as your sins, in this case lack of love, is covered by His death. And as the result I can help you to heal from your selfish heart because of my Grace. Where Grace is Love to those like you that does not deserve it.

Hatred vs Love.

I see that you're typing English words but I just don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you always talk like this?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,116.00
Faith
Atheist

Nikki Nyx wrote:

And mine:

Hatred vs Love.
Those weren't the posts I quoted from your link, and they say nothing about Jesus dying for anyone's sins.

You provide a link, I post representative quotes from it, and that makes me a sinner who doesn't deserve love? It's non-sequiturs all the way down... o_O

Reactions: doubtingmerle
Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Those weren't the posts I quoted from your link, and they say nothing about Jesus dying for anyone's sins.

No problem. Here are the quotes again.

------------------------------
Nikki Nyx wrote:

And mine:

Hatred vs Love.
----------------------------------

You will notice two opposite spirits there. One of rejection and one of Forgiveness and acceptance. To be able to Forgive is the result of the Death of Jesus. He died for the sins (loveless behaviour of others) enabling Christians not to judge them but accept them and still Love them. That is called Grace. Love to the "undeserving". This Characteristic of Christians is because of being Godly beings. Born again and thus Children of God.

Born Again

You provide a link, I post representative quotes from it, and that makes me a sinner who doesn't deserve love? It's non-sequiturs all the way down... o_O

To "post representative quotes" are not a demonstration of rejection. But judging yourself "sinner" on the "posting of representative quotes" demonstrates total ignorance about judgment. Here is some teaching on it.

The Judge has finally arrived

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see that you're typing English words but I just don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you always talk like this?

It is not so much my lack of typing English but me speaking about a topic that you know nothing about. But I can not give you understanding. That comes from God. You are welcome to join me where people like you understand some more about "these Words".

Superman and God

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the question that gives the answer is this: Why is there anything, and why are there variety of things that only ocure in given areas? Why do certain birds fly to far off places at certain times in the year; and then return again? Why are the things that exist, existing at all?Seems that this shows a pupose of design. Hence, A Creator.
Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the question that gives the answer is this: Why is there anything, and why are there variety of things that only ocure in given areas? Why do certain birds fly to far off places at certain times in the year; and then return again? Why are the things that exist, existing at all?Seems that this shows a pupose of design. Hence, A Creator.
Andy Centek

We are really going deep into this.
Disqus - God is Love - Part 3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.