✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I do.

How can you interpret something you don't have?

See, if your "literalist" basis weren't so shoddily cobbled together out of personal extraBiblical speculation, I might even give that statement a second glance.

However, you've clearly already decided there aren't supporting verses (in your opinion only) so why bother to issue the challenge and why should we bother to answer it?

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Excuse me --- the Bible says it, that settles it.

Why do you think the Bible portrays those living in Samaria as going "up" to the city, if Samaria wasn't south of Jerusalem?

Everything is "gradual" to you guys --- instantaneous to us, though --- ;)

So now you're defending your own lie... again.

Is this about glorifying God, the Bible, or yourself?

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:7 KJV

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Clearly this speaks to man evolving from earlier primates to the point in which God imparted a soul.

:clap: What do I win???

Which makes as least as many verses as support dispensationalism! :clap:

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Why do you think the Bible portrays those living in Samaria as going "up" to the city, if Samaria wasn't south of Jerusalem?
Wait, wait, wait... I´m trying hard to wring my understanding of English to the maximum.

So let´s see what this sentence says.

1. The Bible portrays those living in Samaria as going "up" to the city.
2. "The city" here is Jerusalem.
3. The reason the Bible says "up" is because Samaria is south of Jerusalem.
4. If Samaria wasn´t south of Jerusalem, the Bible would not make this statement.

Em... but Samaria isn´t south of Jerusalem - it´s north of Jerusalem.

Did my command of English just leave me?

Perhaps AV wants to tell us that Samaria WAS south of Jerusalem, until the "world was turned upside down". But if this reversal was indeed a reversal in the magnetic field, this would have gone unnoticed by, well, everybody, as the magnetic compass hadn´t been invented yet. The directions... north, south, east and west... are not derived from magnetism, but from the movement of the sun. It is not for nothing that we have terms like "orient" and "occident" for east and west... they literally mean "ascend" and "descend".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Wait, wait, wait... I´m trying hard to wring my understanding of English to the maximum.

So let´s see what this sentence says.

1. The Bible portrays those living in Samaria as going "up" to the city.
2. "The city" here is Jerusalem.
3. The reason the Bible says "up" is because Samaria is south of Jerusalem.
4. If Samaria wasn´t south of Jerusalem, the Bible would not make this statement.

Em... but Samaria isn´t south of Jerusalem - it´s north of Jerusalem.

Did my command of English just leave me?

Perhaps AV wants to tell us that Samaria WAS south of Jerusalem, until the "world was turned upside down". But if this reversal was indeed a reversal in the magnetic field, this would have gone unnoticed by, well, everybody, as the magnetic compass hadn´t been invented yet. The directions... north, south, east and west... are not derived from magnetism, but from the movement of the sun. It is not for nothing that we have terms like "orient" and "occident" for east and west... they literally mean "ascend" and "descend".

Except that this is AV1611VET's own imagination, not a legitimate interpretation of Scripture... he's already admitted that even he doesn't believe this nonsense.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But if this reversal was indeed a reversal in the magnetic field, this would have gone unnoticed by, well, everybody, as the magnetic compass hadn´t been invented yet.
No magnetic compass needed.
Genesis 28:14 said:
And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
I can tell which direction N is w/o one.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
No magnetic compass needed.I can tell which direction N is w/o one.

Err, yes, you (usually) can do that without a magnetic compass. And now please tell me how you do that.#

My point was that you would need a magnetic compass (or any other device that would align to the magnetic field - which would be an equivalent of a compass) to notice a reversal in the magnetic field. Humans cannot recognize this field unaided.

And as this compass had not been invented in 58AD (ok, there are earlier mentions in China... but again the Chinese seem to have been missing this event), the directions had not been defined by magnetism, but by the movement of the sun (and other celestial objects).

So in order for Nero to notice that the world was turned "upside down"... the path of the sun would have to be reversed. That is, not the magnetic field would have turned, but the physical planet.

Do you believe that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Err, yes, you (usually) can do that without a magnetic compass. And now please tell me how you do that.
The direction the sun rises and/or sets.

I face North, and East, the direction of the rising sun, is on my right.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You forgot what you were pretending to believe, AV1611VET.

You claimed you were using the Bible to support the magnetic fields reversing... not the physical orientation of Earth.
I made a claim and backed it with Scripture.

If you think I'm wrong, that's your prerogative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
I made a claim and backed it with Scripture.

If you think I'm wrong, that's your prerogative.
I made a claim and also backed it up with scripture. My claim, in context is valid. There is not one other scripture that disputes my claim.

If you disagree, that's your prerogative.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

yes, yes... your name was mentioned.

Have a cookie.

cookie-bite-web.jpg

Upvote 0