Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I hope this is in the correct category. I need your opinions on something. Several years ago, when I was in high school I took a swim class, which was required at the time for everyone. I didn't know how to swim, so I stuck to the shallow end. When I was moving around, I noticed I didn't feel heavy at all. I looked around and saw everyone was staring at something in the deep end. It was me floating face down. Someone had been goofing around and knocked me in. I had hit my head on the way in the pool.

Then I saw two spirits come out of some kind of portal. One had a white like aura (but not brilliant) the other had a black aura (but not too dark). The lighter spirit claimed he was an angel. He said he didn't know who the other guy was (who didn't reveal himself). He tried to convince me to get back in my body. Maybe I would have a chance to survive this way. I told them I couldn't swim. They didn't seem too concerned. This was before I was officially a christian. I believed in God at the time, but wasn't officially saved. One of them said I was going to hell anyway, so what difference did it make if I lived or not. The other simply shrugged. I was so upset by this guy I tried to leave, he stopped me. This is the only time he interacted with me. The so called angel didn't seem to care if I lived or if I was going to hell. This upset me a great deal. I suggested someone jump in and save me. The one with the dark aura acted like that was a great idea and laughed. He whispered something to someone who finally jumped in and gave me CPR. I didn't remember this for a few weeks after. (maybe cause I had hit my head).

To this day I don't know if I encountered angels, demons or what. It couldn't have been a hallucination from my head blow, cause it was too vivid. I was wondering what you all think? This has bothered me since it happened. Do angels just not care like we thought? If I had been saved, would I have mattered more? Was I deceived? Where was God in all of this?

You were not a Christian. you were therefore "of this world". In 2 Corinthians 4:4 satan is stated to be "the god of this world"

2 Corinthians 4:4
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord,

In Matthew 4 Satan says to Christ "this world has been given to me -" -- it was given to Satan when Adam fell and handed over the keys to this world -- to the devil... by his choice to believe Satan over God.

So when you were knocked unconscious Satan had some rights in your case - enough to "tell you a story".

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You were not a Christian. you were therefore "of this world". In 2 Corinthians 4:4 satan is stated to be "the god of this world"

2 Corinthians 4:4
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord,

In Matthew 4 Satan says to Christ "this world has been given to me -" -- it was given to Satan when Adam fell and handed over the keys to this world -- to the devil... by his choice to believe Satan over God.

So when you were knocked unconscious Satan had some rights in your case - enough to "tell you a story".

When Adam sinned, was his dominion transferred to Satan? | carm

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They talked actual languages, not what we know of as tongues.
Sorry, Sam, you do not know what you are talking about. I have spoken in tongues for 30 years.
1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.​
Tongues are the language of the spirit, not the soul. They are actual languages, for sure, but not languages of this Earth.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, Sam, you do not know what you are talking about. I have spoken in tongues for 30 years.
1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.​
Tongues are the language of the spirit, not the soul. They are actual languages, for sure, but not languages of this Earth.

The Apostles spoke so people could know other languages.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Apostles spoke so people could know other languages.
Your reply makes no sense. Paul encouraged the Corinthians to speak the language the congregation could understand so they could be edified. On the day of Pentecost the miracle of the tongues was not that they spoke the language of the visitors from the diaspora, but that they heard the tongues in their own language.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your reply makes no sense. Paul encouraged the Corinthians to speak the language the congregation could understand so they could be edified. On the day of Pentecost the miracle of the tongues was not that they spoke the language of the visitors from the diaspora, but that they heard the tongues in their own language.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

How am I not making sense? I am agreeing that they spoke to understand each others languages.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How am I not making sense? I am agreeing that they spoke to understand each others languages.
All the ones who spoke in tongues at the Day of Pentecost were Galileans. This is why the people from all the different regions were amazed because they heard these Galileans, who had never learned the languages, actually speaking in those languages. It is easy to quote parrot fashion what Cessationist teachers teach, and this prejudices one's interpretation of the Bible. It would be no use debating this with me because I firmly believe that Cessationism is unbiblical garbage made up by some unbelieving person to try and justify the deadness and powerlessness of his religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I hope this is in the correct category. I need your opinions on something. Several years ago, when I was in high school I took a swim class, which was required at the time for everyone. I didn't know how to swim, so I stuck to the shallow end. When I was moving around, I noticed I didn't feel heavy at all. I looked around and saw everyone was staring at something in the deep end. It was me floating face down. Someone had been goofing around and knocked me in. I had hit my head on the way in the pool.

Then I saw two spirits come out of some kind of portal. One had a white like aura (but not brilliant) the other had a black aura (but not too dark). The lighter spirit claimed he was an angel. He said he didn't know who the other guy was (who didn't reveal himself). He tried to convince me to get back in my body. Maybe I would have a chance to survive this way. I told them I couldn't swim. They didn't seem too concerned. This was before I was officially a christian. I believed in God at the time, but wasn't officially saved. One of them said I was going to hell anyway, so what difference did it make if I lived or not. The other simply shrugged. I was so upset by this guy I tried to leave, he stopped me. This is the only time he interacted with me. The so called angel didn't seem to care if I lived or if I was going to hell. This upset me a great deal. I suggested someone jump in and save me. The one with the dark aura acted like that was a great idea and laughed. He whispered something to someone who finally jumped in and gave me CPR. I didn't remember this for a few weeks after. (maybe cause I had hit my head).

To this day I don't know if I encountered angels, demons or what. It couldn't have been a hallucination from my head blow, cause it was too vivid. I was wondering what you all think? This has bothered me since it happened. Do angels just not care like we thought? If I had been saved, would I have mattered more? Was I deceived? Where was God in all of this?
Did you get some answers?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Yes it was. In Matt 4 Satan says it was 'given to him' - and this is a statement he makes to Christ Himself.

Christ's answer about not worshiping false gods - but even 2 Cor 4:4 calls Satan "the god of this world" - this is a statement made after the cross by Paul.

As for CARM -- imagine seeing a post here on CF by a poster calling himself "CARM". That is about as much weight as you can get from CARM. I prefer the actual Bible.

Some people prefer the Pope, or Hank Hanegraaff... I just prefer the Bible.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes it was. In Matt 4 Satan says it was 'given to him' - and this is a statement he makes to Christ Himself.

Christ's answer about not worshiping false gods - but even 2 Cor 4:4 calls Satan "the god of this world" - this is a statement made after the cross by Paul.

As for CARM -- imagine seeing a post here on CF by a poster calling himself "CARM". That is about as much weight as you can get from CARM. I prefer the actual Bible.

Some people prefer the Pope, or Hank Hanegraaff... I just prefer the Bible.

The devil asks God permission like in the book of Job. what do you mean the world is his?

Satan: The Prince of Nothing

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Tongues were actual languages.
Of course they were. There is no doubt about that. But to say that they had to be the understandable languages of the listeners is denying the expression "unknown tongues", and saying that Paul was wrong when he said in 1 Corinthians 14 that when a person speaks in tongues he is speaking to God because "no man understands him." and that he is speaking "mysteries in the Spirit". I don't think that you can pick and choose which parts of Paul you decide to believe or not to believe.

To deal with the notion that tongues is for evangelism (for which there is no NT reference at all), some misguided Pentecostals in the early 20th century decided to go to China as missionaries without taking the time to learn the language in the belief that if they spoke in tongues to the Chinese they would be understood. They got all the way over there, but when they spoke in tongues to the Chinese, the people couldn't understand them. So these "missionaries" had to either stay and learn the language, or come home in disillusionment and disgrace with all their savings gone. This is the result of people trying to use tongues for evangelism.

However, there are historical exceptions to the rule, and these are very rare and for a specific purpose, and not the general one. A woman received the gift of speaking in Italian when she had never used the language, because God called her to that country to spread the gospel in that specific way. She received that language permanently. There are other one-off examples of emergency circumstances where a person has been able to supernaturally speak a foreign language to a group who understood the person, but the person lost the ability after the event. I can't quote you the exact places where I read this because it was something I ran across in my general study of tongues in several historical accounts. If you want to know the exact records you can google them for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The devil asks God permission like in the book of Job. what do you mean the world is his?

God is above all -- even if the devil has been given this World.

Thus in Job - God asks the devil where he comes from -- what is his domain - and Satan says he represents Earth at that meeting. All of it. Walking to and fro up and down -- So then God asks the DEVIL about Job. Because even as a saint - Job would be in the devil's domain. The devil then complains that God is not letting him get access to Job. Thank God.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Romans 10 should clear up the TRUTH for you that no one who claims to belong to CHRIST can condemn anyone.

If they do, they make manifest that they do not know of those spirit they claim themselves to be

I am assuming that your reference to Michael Jackson was that someone implied he was NOT saved?

Different hell testimonies talk about him selling his soul for fame. Is this sensational lies?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is above all -- even if the devil has been given this World.

Thus in Job - God asks the devil where he comes from -- what is his domain - and Satan says he represents Earth at that meeting. All of it. Walking to and fro up and down -- So then God asks the DEVIL about Job. Because even as a saint - Job would be in the devil's domain. The devil then complains that God is not letting him get access to Job. Thank God.

Why do Jewish people not believe in the devil he's in the Old Testament tempting adam and eve, king david, and attacking Job and wanting him to curse God.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

The scripture says that the god of this world has blinded the eyes of those who do not believe lest they should see the glorious gospel of Christ and be saved. What this tells us is that the devil is the god of this world. This world is his domain. He has total power over all who do not believe in Christ and who are not born again of the Spirit of God. This is the absolute miracle of salvation. God, in His mercy, grace and power, enables unbelievers through revelation from the Holy Spirit to be able to decide for Christ and gives them saving grace and faith to embrace Christ. Through this, they are translated from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of God. Once they have been translated into God's kingdom, they are no longer under the power of the devil. Believers in Christ have absolute power and authority over the devil and his demons. The scripture says that if we resist the devil, he has to flee from true believers.

What this means is that all the world's kingdoms, authorities and systems are under the control of the devil. Many are praying that the systems will be changed and that God will cause certain people to be elected or dropped from power. Actually, God won't do that, because He won't interfere with the devil's domain. God will always intervene on behalf of believers wherever they are because they are not part of the devil's domain. Although He does not intervene into the world's affairs, except where it significantly affects Christian believers, He has reserved a day when He will take charge and the devil and his demons will be bound and thrown into the lake of fire. Until that time, we as believers are living in a hostile world which is not a our real home. This is why Paul was so disappointed with Demas who left because "he loved this present world". Paul felt that Demas was deserting Christ and going to into allegiance to the world and its systems and pleasures. He believed that Demas was putting himself back under the devil's dominion and power. We don't know exactly what happened to Demas after that - whether he actually went back into the world or that he went on for Christ even though he had departed from Paul. We only know about Demas from Paul's perspective.

So, the short answer is - the world is the devil's - for now - until the second coming of Christ.

Upvote 0