✟16,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christian Dude said:
"My children, lay aside your differences. Have I not sent you into this world to love one another as you love Me? What happened to the love that you had for Me? I have stood here with My arms open wide yet with tears streaming down my cheeks. There is too much pride in some of your lives that has burdened Me deeply. I can take it away, but it seems as if you prefer your pride over Me. I am still here, awaiting for you to turn back to Me. Yet it seems as if some of you only want to cause trouble amongst your brethren. Why have you strayed away? I know you are human, as was I... but why have you become so self-centered? I look out for each of you, for you are all My sheep. I love each of you dearly. As I look at each of you, I want to see Me... but yet some of you have conformed yourself to your own image and not Mine. I cannot understand why you are letting your pride, self-conciousness, hatred, anger, and hurt get the best of you. Yea, you knew you would be persecuted for My sake in all truth, but yet you know I won't let you handle more than you can bear. Listen to My words, for I long to see unity in My body."[/QUOTE

In reading this,Brian,I couldn't help but to see you the same way as Paul saw in Timothy! Paul was Timothy's teacher,and the Lord used Paul to help Timothy to grow in the spiritual gifts that were in Timothy.2Timothy5 he says~When I call to rememberance the "genuine faith" that is in you,........then he told him in ch4~preach the word! convince,rebuke,exhort,with all long-suffering and teaching.for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine,but according to their own desires,because they have itching ears,they will heap up for themselves teachers;and they will turn their ears away from the truth.......but you be watchful in all things...........
1timothy 4;13 says Let no one despise your youth,but be an example to the believers in word,in conduct,in love,in spirit,in faith,in purity.........Give attention to reading,to exhortation,to doctrine...take heed to yourself and to the doctrine,continue in them,......Paul was instructing Tim to keep to sound doctrine because there were alot that didn't,and it was a warning to keep going in that gift,but make sure you stick to the doctrine of Christ's,for Paul saw in Tim. what I and others see in YOU, you are sincere,loving and commited to God,and wants you to know how He see's your heart,and this message proves where your heart is,so thank you.........And I just wanted to encourage you!God Bless,Bonnie

Upvote 0
P

Prophet Samuel

Let us examine the prophetic utterance line by line, and examine it according to the witness of the Spirit, the written word of God, and what the word of God defines as prophecy. Perhaps, breaking it down statement-by-statement, we can see the true nature and content of it, past a surface reading.

My children, lay aside your differences.

Have I not sent you into this world to love one another as you love Me?

What happened to the love that you had for Me?

I have stood here with My arms open wide yet with tears streaming down my cheeks.

There is too much pride in some of your lives that has burdened Me deeply.

I can take it away, but it seems as if you prefer your pride over Me.

I am still here, awaiting for you to turn back to Me.

Yet it seems as if some of you only want to cause trouble amongst your brethren.

Why have you strayed away?

I know you are human, as was I... but why have you become so self-centered?

I look out for each of you, for you are all My sheep.

I love each of you dearly.

As I look at each of you, I want to see Me... but yet some of you have conformed yourself to your own image and not Mine.

I cannot understand why you are letting your pride, self-conciousness, hatred, anger, and hurt get the best of you.

Yea, you knew you would be persecuted for My sake in all truth, but yet you know I won't let you handle more than you can bear.

Listen to My words, for I long to see unity in My body.

I will go and study this prophecy and come back with my own comments and encouragement.

Reactions: sweetrevival
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christian Dude said:
Jim M., there's no doubt in my mind that the Bible is. Plus even so, I didn't even use a "thus saith the Lord" tone or phrase.
I am not here to criticize you CD. I think that you are a hungry heart reaching out for God and willing to take the risks necessary to follow him by faith. I admire that.

And forgive me if I am overly sensitive about this “Thus saith the Lord” (or “My little children” which carries the same meaning) thing, but I have been abused by people using these words to make their pronouncement divine instead of just stating their own opinion and I have seen too many people use it to manipulate friends, church members and even pastors into doing things their (a/k/a “God’s”) way. When it is used in this way (and I am not judging you), it is taking the Lord’s name in vain, pure and simple. So one has to be careful.

A better approach, and one that is more palatable to burned people like me, is, “I am not sure if this is the Lord or me, but …” Then say what it is you feel the Lord wants them to know. This more unassuming approach also forces them to judge the message without driving them into defense mode.

God bless you, CD, and keep on keeping on.

Jim \o/

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
thank you for trying to protect people Jim M, i hear your heart on that one, really do.
having said that though, ironically this word actually may have been from God, it seemed very true to me from what i understand God is doing in his people, in those who will listen. having had experiences of abuse of this kind of thing also, i do say this very carefully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the Lord gives constant words. For example I could say, "Thus saith the LORD Almighty, 'I gave my only son that whoever believes in him will not perish, but live eternally. He is the only way that you may get to me. I sent him to you that you may be brought to me.' saith the Holy One of Israel". God may not have opened my prophetic ears and given me a vision from his throne, but it is still an utterance from God, and I think that we would all agree.
I think that whether or not God told CD to come here and tell us that is not the issue. What is the issue, is that it is biblically based (except for the, "I once was human" (he still is human) but that's besides the point) and we need to hearken our ears to what CD has said, because whether it be a prophetic utterance or a emphasis of what scripture says is not important because IT IS TRUE.

~Adam

Upvote 0

foursquareman

Ordinary Superhero
May 20, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟8,710.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Never take a "Word from the Lord" to heart unless it has been confirmed through other ways as well.

I, like Jim M, would err on the side of caution about using this board to give out prophetic words. None of us are perfect, and it is best that we come humbly if we think we have a word, as the flesh is always at war with our spirit.

Upvote 0

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
*sigh* I don't understand why others feel they need to warn "others" that he might not be speaking a word from the Lord! Some receive some don't. it's not our place to try and sway others one way or another. If you felt he was wrong why not a pm.? Most ppl who post here are not naive to false prohecies. If one comes to that conclusion (which you really can't prove anyway) then ponder it and pray. I could see if he said so and so.." the LORD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO GET A DIVORCE", or so and so the LORD TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING TO MEET A LOVELY BLONDE, BUT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AT 6PM AND GO to the corner 711!

I've noticed that the ones who are leary have been burned or had bad experiences! Do you think your experiences have colored your view on all "words from the Lord"? Do youthink the rest of us take prohecies, or words blindly and are not as smart as you, so you need to come and rescue others! I am quiet aware not to take anything someone says as "thus sayeth the LORD" if it doesn't line up or sit right w/ my spirit!

iT's sad we can't even exercise our spiritual gifts w/in our own denomination where it is supposed to be "accepted"! I am not saying you can't be leary, but please be wise about telling/alluding to someone who posts here regularly and has proven himself to be a Godly servant-that what he said was hogwash!

Reactions: sweetrevival
Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
MERCY@GRACE said:
*sigh* I don't understand why others feel they need to warn "others" that he might not be speaking a word from the Lord! Some receive some don't. it's not our place to try and sway others one way or another. If you felt he was wrong why not a pm.? Most ppl who post here are not naive to false prohecies. If one comes to that conclusion (which you really can't prove anyway) then ponder it and pray. I could see if he said so and so.." the LORD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO GET A DIVORCE", or so and so the LORD TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING TO MEET A LOVELY BLONDE, BUT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AT 6PM AND GO to the corner 711!

I've noticed that the ones who are leary have been burned or had bad experiences! Do you think your experiences have colored your view on all "words from the Lord"? Do youthink the rest of us take prohecies, or words blindly and are not as smart as you, so you need to come and rescue others! I am quiet aware not to take anything someone says as "thus sayeth the LORD" if it doesn't line up or sit right w/ my spirit!

iT's sad we can't even exercise our spiritual gifts w/in our own denomination where it is supposed to be "accepted"! I am not saying you can't be leary, but please be wise about telling/alluding to someone who posts here regularly and has proven himself to be a Godly servant-that what he said was hogwash!

i don't think anyone was saying it was hogwash, not from what i read anyway

it is wonderful that you are fine with discerning whether to take on what someone says or not as from God for you, that is a great strength. Some people aren't so clear about such things and need help and protecting from falsehood until they can see it themselves.

i also wouldn't want to see this board opened up so that anyone who feels like it posts what they think God is saying to them for others, what a nightmare that would be....

it is a difficult balance to reach and one i think a lot of people are trying to find here and in the churches people go to aswell.

really hope i haven't added fuel to any fire of dissension here

Upvote 0

Christian Dude

• Anointed, On-Fire, & Prophetic Christian •
Aug 23, 2004
West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I don't want to see this thread result in a bad situation.

No not everyone will take a word from the Lord, whether it be due to their disagreements, their past, or just their plan rebuke/conviction from the word itself.

I for one feel that if someone disagrees with this, that let them be. I'm tired of seeing everyone huff and puff over all these situations.

The Lord will lead each of us in different ways, although some are misled by the flesh instead of the Lord.

I'm not going to sugar coat the gospel. Sometimes what the Lord says hurts us. Why? Because of the flesh.

MERCY@GRACE , those types of prophecies are false anyhow. There's no scriptural references to back them up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MERCY@GRACE , those types of prophecies are false anyhow. There's no scriptural references to back them up.

Exactly -that was the point I was trying to make (in your defense)
As for not wanting this to be an open forum for ppl to pronounce prohecies...that would never happen as the ppl here wouldn't sit idly by w/out saying something...that's a given!!!

Upvote 0

foursquareman

Ordinary Superhero
May 20, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟8,710.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Christian Dude said:
True... but I'm not going to let that stop me. If the Lord tells me to do something and I have to step on toes to do it, trust me... I will... that is after asking the Lord if that's Him or me.

I strongly doubt God wants you to step on peoples toes, so to speak.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.