New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Never said you had to go to the Catholic Church. Catholics as well as most Liturgical Christians (such as myself) get more Scripture than any evangelical every will, plus we get it the right way not leaving a person to their own devices creating countless heresies that inhabit the evangelical world and that one can see easily on this very vast forum. I use to be a Catholic to but I do not hate them with the vitriol hatred that some evangelicals and fundamentalist display.

I can point you to man, many evangelicals whom have no idea about the Bible and don't live a Christian life, maybe we should insult and belittle the evangelical Church's too that's only fair until they address the issue.
I wasnt insulting I was pointing out my issues with RCC. And yes i agree many protestants/evangelicals are the same way. The difference is that people that claim RCC usually dont know much Bible wheras protestants who claim protestants and live ungodly lives use (well Jesus died for my sins) its that whole OSAS mindset(regardless of its truth or not) that corrupts the protestants

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wasnt insulting I was pointing out my issues with RCC. And yes i agree many protestants/evangelicals are the same way. The difference is that people that claim RCC usually dont know much Bible wheras protestants who claim protestants and live ungodly lives use (well Jesus died for my sins) its that whole OSAS mindset(regardless of its truth or not) that corrupts the protestants

You may not have been insulting but it did come off that way to me. I am very sensitive to that kind of thing because every where I go on forums here and elsewhere people always say how bad Catholic Christians and Traditional Christians are, I get beat down with all that. I am sorry if I was bad to you.

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You may not have been insulting but it did come off that way to me. I am very sensitive to that kind of thing because every where I go on forums here and elsewhere people always say how bad Catholic Christians and Traditional Christians are, I get beat down with all that. I am sorry if I was bad to you.
We are to be a unified body of believers! But we should always be discerning of our leaders, churches and doctrines

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are to be a unified body of believers! But we should always be discerning of our leaders, churches and doctrines

Agree with the first part but we never will be unified in this life

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Agree with the first part but we never will be unified in this life
I believe that all Christians are unified in Spirit:

We believe in one holy catholic
and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism
for the forgiveness of sins.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

and apostolic Church.

It's a nice thought, and no doubt it would feel better to acknowledge it than not to, but eventually (in light of the fact that we are not in sacramental union with one another) we would need to ask about each one of these points: which one -- mine or yours?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

and apostolic Church.

Not all. Those who say we are not followers because we are liturgical are not united like many fundamentalist, many evangelicals, and even some Calvinist. How I wish it were true and that all Christians every where were united under a common liturgy but the truth is we are not and even that last part of the creed you quoted "We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins." most evangelicals do not believe or try to explain away.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review

Thread is Now

Permanently Closed
RV: SoP Violation
Statement of Purpose - Spiritual Formation & Disciplines Statement of Purpose

The Spiritual Formation & Disciplines forum is a place for members to discuss spiritual formation the practice of spiritual disciplines (disciplines for the spiritual life), that enable Christians to grow spiritually and be transformed into the image of Christ. The spiritual disciplines are those practices found in Scripture that promote spiritual growth among believers in Jesus Christ, and that engage our mind and heart with God.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.