✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello!

Do you attend church or not? There are many ways to build up your relationship with God. Read the Bible every week on Sunday mornings. Meet other Christians from other parts of the world and branches on top of that. Participate in Christian discussions and go to church services too. When times are hard, just sit down and pray to Him as well. Ask our Father for forgiveness. Trust the Lord completely.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I came here to talk 2 years ago and I just sort of fell off. But I'm back to ask more questions.

I came from a Christian family and one of the things I heard from distant relatives was to date in your race. Obviously I fact checked with a pastor friend and he said it was a made up thing for racists to justify their beliefs. I went to many various Baptist churches and I quit going to them and started reaching for nondenom churches because every time I went to a Baptist church it was always something along the lines of "if you mess up or sin, you'll go to hell. Point blank." And I don't believe that's right either, because God believes in second chances and people repenting, right? So why would someone go to hell in a snap for a sin?

Now I'm wondering, what else do people make up? How do I know I'm in a good church or Christian community when I see people twisting the Bible for what it is? It's always suggested to be in a Christian community, but how can I when I struggle to trust it?

Hello sister,
I understand what you are going through.

I pray that the Lord unveil your mind to give you understanding about His love.

Here below, I share with you what I have written years ago when I went through those moments in my life :

Love and Hate in the church !?

Brothers and sisters in Christ,

Grace and shalom to you from God our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ,

Some may find not true peace in the church in the world ; when the church starts walking in the flesh.

Many do not dare to say things in this regard to the church - they are afraid of facing contempt and scorn.

But in the Scripture is written:

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.- 2 Timothy 4:2

People in the church know —those who have taste the presence of God know when the church is not walking right.

What happens inside the church in the world ?

The church in the world is not speaking the gospel ; they are not speaking the truth in love.

What went ashtray?

What the church in the world is speaking and singing : motivation, positive thinking, feeling good about yourself and victory without Jesus.

That is many christians in the world are feeling cold because they know it when people greet them with just social etiquette or being polite only. The love in the church in the world has grown cold. This makes some people develop indifference attitude toward the church or the people in the church - because the church walked in the way of the world; they find no difference. After Sunday service, who really the people who care that whether or not you obeyed the Ruler of the prince of the air ; or you followed the passion of your old nature or wishes of your old nature and your own thoughts. In this natural conditions, people walked into God’s wrath - because acts of disobedience.

Do God calls us to seek motivation in the Bible? No.

If God calls to build ourselves in motivation in the church, why Jesus Christ has to die!

God the Father gives His Son because He is merciful that He does not want us to waste our life in the eternal condemnation. That is why He is called Mighty Redeemer because He wash our sins by His pure and righteous blood and set us from the bondage of curses,sin and death.

What the church should do then?

Follow the Scripture:

Therefore, I, Apostle Paul, the prisoner united with the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called.

Always be humble, gentle and patient, bearing one another in love, and making every effort to preserve the unity the Spirit gives through the binding of shalom. There is one Body, one Spirit, just as when you were called you were called into one hope. And there is one Lord, one trust, one immersion, and one God, the Father of all, who ruled over all, works through all, and is in all. - Ephesians 4:1-6.

Do God teach positive thinking ? No

What was written in the Scripture ?

“A person whose mind rest on You, You preserves in perfect peace,

because he trust in You.

Trust in the Lord forever,because in the Lord Jehovah is a Rock of Eternal.”-Isaiah 26:3-4

Do God teach feeling good about yourself? No.

Jesus Christ come to the earth to reconcile us to God the Father in Heaven!

The scripture is written:

God made this sinless man, Jesus Christ, be a sin offering on our behalf, so that in union with Christ, we might fully share in God’s righteousness.”

It means that Jesus Christ, as slaughtered sacrifice to God, with pleasing fragrance - His love — has made us righteous before God.

Do the church call us to sing victory in the flesh?

As if our efforts that count?standard of living more important than God?

What victory is said in the Bible?

“That is, God raised us with Christ Jesus and seated us in heaven, in order to exhibit in the ages to come how infinitely rich is His grace, how great is His kindness toward us who are united with Christ Jesus. For you have been delivered by grace through trusting, and even this is not your accomplishment but God’s gift.-Ephesians 2:6-8

When God raised us up with Christ Jesus, God bring us victory over sin and death through Christ Jesus.

What the scripture writes about living standards?

If you then be risen with Christ( victory), seek those things which are above, where Christ seated on the right hand of God.

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth ( living standards ). -

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with Him in glory. -Colossians 3:1-4

Does God call us to build the church to please men?No.

And Jesus Christ gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Their task is to equip God’s people for the work of service that builds the body of Christ, until we all arrive at the unity implied by trusting and knowing the Son of God, at full manhood, at the standard of maturity set by the Messiah ‘s perfection. -Ephesians 4:11-13

What we should do ?blame the church in the world or do not go to the church? No.

Pray for the church that God draws His people in the church near His grace of repentance.

As the scripture is written:

But everything exposed to the light is revealed clearly what it is, since anything is revealed is a light. This is why it says,

“Get up, sleeper! Arise from the dead, and the Christ will shine on you!”

Therefore, pay careful attention to how you conduct your life - life wisely, not unwisely. Use your time well, for these are evil days. So don’t be foolish, but try to understand what the will of the Lord is.”- Ephesians 5:13-14

What Jesus Christ says that He is trying to do

In the church today!

Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for the church ;

That He might sanctify and cleanse the church with the washing of water by the word,

That He might present the church to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. -Ephesians 5:25-27

Much what has been said: pray and love the church for Jesus’ sake that the church may follow Christ Jesus’ will.

Why pray? If in your heart, ask this question - you should also ask why Jesus still pray when He is seated on the right hand of the throne of God? It is because He has not stopped loving us and that He desires to gather the scattered children of God.-John 11:52

Love the church for Jesus’ sake? You may say it is impossible!!

with man is impossible but with God nothing is impossible.-Luke 18:27.

Why God gives us something impossible for us to do ?; when it is impossible - we turn to God seeking for answer.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit for the very purpose to help; How does the Holy Spirit help?

Jesus is telling us to abide in Him, that is, to abide in His words [ teachings]- John 15:7 or also meanings to abide in His Word [ Spirit] ; for His Word is Spirit.-John 6:63

May be someone still do not get how the Holy Spirit help? His help - is in the key word : God gives grace of repentance [ answer ] to the humble,

God resist the proud.- 1 Peter 5:5 ; God gives the answer to the humble.

it means only by waiting on His presence [the same as being humble before God] - you will find His strength - you may not feel - believe He gives you the strength to change yourself to be more like His image [ Roman 8:29 ] that can love the church and His promised people, the Israelites - the Holy Spirit is able to give us a new heart to love just like Jesus - why ? It is because His promise.- Ezekiel 36:26

So do not give up, Jesus in heaven never gives on us. Therefore, heed Jesus’ words - pray [when you pray - you also abide in Him ] and the Holy Spirit [ the Spirit of Jesus Christ] definitely can help you grow your love for the church and His promised people, the Israelites, just like Jesus loves the church and His promised people, the Israelites.

I exhort you in Spirit - my brothers and sisters in Christ to find God’s strength to obey our Lord Jesus Christ and our Savior.

Now to Him who by His power working in us is able to do far beyond anything we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory in the church and in the Christ Jesus from generation to generation forever.-Ephesians 3:20-21

Amen.

Upvote 0

Aryne09837

Aug 10, 2020
Sydney
✟8,604.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Woah lol I'm not nervous because he'll run off, he's very much a Christian and I'm very glad for him but I'm nervous BECAUSE he's so deep in it, and I'm not. Like, I feel like I need to catch up in a sense? It's nothing to do with him not wanting to do it with me.

I'm not looking for a lukewarm congregation, but I'm looking for a community that's a little more gentle I guess? I'm not an aggressive person and every Baptist person I've met is aggressive haha

As I read through... I may be a bit much, but please forgive me on how being forward I am :sorry:... But could it be that the reason being you feel anxious to ask your boyfriend to have prayer with you, is that he is very much a Christian? Also wouldn't he be more more keen and open to having prayers with you, if you are to be honest to him in how you are seeking God?

I myself a lukewarm congregation, or maybe somewhat much colder given that I only just restarted. And the reason being I asked that, is because I myself am actual in a very similar situation as you are in feeling anxious around people I care most. Because deep inside I couldnt help but feel like I am not on their level, per say:oops: . However recently, I have come to realize that it does take a lot of courage and strength to just reach out and be honest about it. What was very much suprising is how much poeple around you is willing to help. That is why my best friend recommended me to go in these forums, to restart my journey to finding God. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Aryne09837

Aug 10, 2020
Sydney
✟8,604.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I came here to talk 2 years ago and I just sort of fell off. But I'm back to ask more questions.

I came from a Christian family and one of the things I heard from distant relatives was to date in your race. Obviously I fact checked with a pastor friend and he said it was a made up thing for racists to justify their beliefs. I went to many various Baptist churches and I quit going to them and started reaching for nondenom churches because every time I went to a Baptist church it was always something along the lines of "if you mess up or sin, you'll go to hell. Point blank." And I don't believe that's right either, because God believes in second chances and people repenting, right? So why would someone go to hell in a snap for a sin?

Now I'm wondering, what else do people make up? How do I know I'm in a good church or Christian community when I see people twisting the Bible for what it is? It's always suggested to be in a Christian community, but how can I when I struggle to trust it?

I couldnt agree with you more. There are many things that people make up, of which for me either I do not understand or even just made me confused even more :disappointed:. When I read your post, it reminded me of a couple of verses.

In Mt24:4-5 it says Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

What is also interesting is that in 1 Jn 4:1 it says "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Lastly, in Deut18:20-22, God spoke clearly how one can clearly recognize this. It says
" But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.” You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed."

LOL :sweatsmile: [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]! I cant believe I actually remembered these verses.
So for me I guess finding a community and/or a place that is able to explain questions I have about the Bible, such as what does it really mean about sinning agains God from the prespective of God? and you know things like that. Cause for me it doesnt make sense given that we are human beings that do make mistakes and do commit sins. I mean I am not that great of a person either to say the least, but I would be very much heartbroken to come to learn that in the end I would just go to hell :disappointed:. How about you? What do you think would enable to see commuinties and/places as trustwrothy?

Upvote 0