• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

My Ark Challenge

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by AV1611VET, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+695
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi the story of a global flood is real history and the geography of the world shows it. God gave Noah the blueprint and it turns out the dimensions of the ark are actually scientifically proven to have the most stable sea worthy ration possible. This is not random numbers thrown out but tested and proven and the same ratio is used now today. The idea that the earth was once a single land bass and that the continents drifted apart after the flood would explain how the animals could all get there. God would have had to lead them but not bring them over the seas. Look up the Mt Ararat anomaly there is your ark.

2. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,430
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    There is nothing but such evidence…

Civilisations around the world that didn't die out and instead thrived, like in china.
    No universal genetic bottlenecks in all species, meaning that extant species never went through a severe bottlneck like the impossible flood predicts.
    No global "flood layer" in the geological column.
    etc etc etc.

Exactly zero evidence fits the flood account. And from the few testable predictions that flow from the story, NONE check out.

The flood demonstrably did not happen. Live with it.

3. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,430
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    No it doesn't.
    Geology as a field actually was kickstarted by christians who set out to find evidence of the flood. Instead, they found out that no such flood occured and that the earth was actually quite old.

LOLOLOL!!!!!
    Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

There's no way that a wooden boat of that size would be sea worthy.

LOL!!!

You think that you can just take the dimensions of a wooden boat of size X, that you can then do X² and it will be just fine? For realz?

Except this happened millions of years ago.

Say, want to buy the brooklyn bridge?

4. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,690
    Baptist
    Married
    We were talking about historical narratives... not the never-ending circle of "this scientific evidence shows this, and that scientific evidence shows that."

5. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL

I figured that was coming!

6. Colter

Colter Member

+1,363
    Other Religion
    Married
    Errrrrm, actually, there has been a great deal of resentment among cultures around the middle east that resent the claims of the Jews about their profane history. The Egyptians predate the Jews, and the Mesopotamians predate them. The Chinese predate them.

When missionaries try to tell the Chinese that they are actually a descendant of one of Noah's grand children, that their language came from a scrambling of languages, is it any wonder that they laugh???

List of Neolithic Chinese cultures.

List of Neolithic cultures of China - Wikipedia

7. Colter

Colter Member

+1,363
    Other Religion
    Married
    No, you are anti-science, anti-education, anti-intellectual, anti-fact.

8. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+1,081
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Lol. I did a word search for each page to make sure I'd be first. Can't believe it wasn't in the first page. People must be slipping.

9. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Because they know they came from the twins, led by the Life Carriers?

10. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,690
    Baptist
    Married
    Many cultures world-wide supposedly have traditions of a Great Flood, which existed prior to missionaries, and were similar to the Biblical account. How could that be? I don't have a clue as to why China and Egypt don't, or why that in itself makes it untrue. We wouldn't ourselves, if not for the Bible.

11. HitchSlap

HitchSlap Burn the torch!

+4,957
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Gopher wood.

Only embryos were brought on.

Telekinesis.

Animal crackers.

Reverse telekinesis.

Grant Co. Kentucky.

Maybe we all are.

12. HitchSlap

+4,957
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Epic of Gilgamesh.

13. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Telekinesis?

Don't you mean teleportation?

14. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What about it?

It was written to mock God.

15. HitchSlap

+4,957
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    With god, all things are possible, Av.

16. HitchSlap

+4,957
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Actually, the bible mocks the Epic of Gilgamesh. Get your own folklore.

17. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    1. Noah wrote about the Flood before his great-grandson wrote about it.

2. Shem lived right up to the time of Jacob, and could provide an eyewitness testimony to the facts.

3. I made this conversation up for clarity:

Shem: What's this trash you wrote, Nimrod; are you okay!?
    Nimrod: Don't start on me again, uncle; you've always looked down on us Hamites.
    Shem: That's garbage too! You used to be a mighty hunter before the LORD, what went wrong?
    Nimrod: You think you Shemites are so much better than us, just because my grandfather was cursed for what his father did to your mother in that tent that day.
    Shem: I watched you grow up, Nimrod, and how you used to love the LORD so much; but somewhere along the line you went astray and broke away from the rest of us and went and formed your own little empire. Well ... you do what you want, but as long as I live, I'll make sure my eyewitness testimony trumps your lies.
    Nimrod: And what makes you an authority on the Flood over me?
    Shem: I was there! Remember??? I was on the Ark ... you weren't!
    Nimrod: Oh, that's right ... somehow I forgot ... what with there being no evidence and all.
    Shem: [facepalms]

18. Colter

Colter Member

+1,363
    Other Religion
    Married
    No, and no. The Chinese don’t know the origins of the Yellow man. But they certainly don’t remember what would be a very significant leniage to great Grandpa Noah. In fact NO other culture on earth remembers that except a direct descendant.

19. Colter

Colter Member

+1,363
    Other Religion
    Married
    Many cultures have flood stories because huge floods have been occurring for millions of years. A lot of fossils in the strata are there because they were covered by rapid flooding. Those cultures wouldn’t be remembering Noah’s flood because they would have drown. All cultures would have to be no older than 2348 BC. Early Canaanite is 3500 BC to 2200 BC. Period of the Patriarchs 2200 1550. First Temple 1200 to 586 when most of the OT books were finalized in Babylon. The Hebrew language, a derivative of the Phoenician language dates to roughly 1,000. So the final Hebrew Scriptures we’re finished 1,000 years after Moses lived.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  20. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    As I said, Shem was a direct descendant (and passenger on the Ark), who lived right up to the time of Jacob.

And given that the Chinese came from Ham … well … so much for that ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.