• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

My Ark Challenge

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by AV1611VET, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ark Hive Mind

The Ark Hive Mind The Ark Hive

+31
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Can you give a specific example of one "miracle" that you are speaking about?

Why would a suspension of a law, be a violation of a law? Is turning on the light switch activating a law, and is turning off a light switch then violating a law that was active?

When you say "natural law" can you define this please?

2. The Ark Hive Mind

The Ark Hive Mind The Ark Hive

+31
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Time for me to go to bed for now. Hopefully be back another day.

3. Colter

Colter Member

+1,367
    Other Religion
    Married
    I believe Jesus is the Christ. Im Christian. I’m a disciple of the original, pre-cross gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven. The God revealed in the life of Jesus was a great improvement over the Jews dim view of him in their OT scriptures.

So I will keep my tag just the way it is. Christian seeker of truth.

Maybe Christians should call their religion Judaism+ ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  4. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,430
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Tectonic plates shift, carrying the fauna and flora on the surface with them.
    Koalla's and Kangaroo's evolved after Oceania split from the larger continent millions of years ago.

I want an evidence based position.

Mohammed rode a winged horse according to the Quran. Do you believe that too?

So, more magic.

5. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I agree.

Colter is a Urantian.

Some seek Christianity though … not to join it … but to attack it.

6. Colter

Colter Member

+1,367
    Other Religion
    Married
    Yes, Aborigines of Australia, having migrated there 70,000+ years previously, had contact with another genetic group from the region of India. The dingo May have come along at that time.

The Kangaroo is indigenous to Australia, 30,000,000+ years old.

7. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,430
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    "speaking" things into existence.
    Having food "magically" appear in deserts.
    Having dead people resurect.

Why don't you try and suspend gravity and explain the difference.

Neither.

Physics, chemistry, biology, …
    Things work a certain way. And due to these constraints, there is a finite set of things that are physically possible.

For example, due to how biology, physics and chemistry work, it is not possible for humans to fly without the use of any technology.

8. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    If you're Christian, am I Urantian?

9. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    God bless! :)

10. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,696
    Baptist
    Married
    Yet, every one of these subjects has “men of reason” defending their ideas, even till today. Why would someone feel the need to make up such an imaginative story in the first place, if it was not true and they were just trying to sway the simple-minded as you suggest? Why not just say God struck everything dead except Noah and company... now that’s simple. Why do you think there was so much “spotlight” put on stories in the OT for such a “simple-minded” people?

11. Colter

Colter Member

+1,367
    Other Religion
    Married
    The preservation of the superstitious ignorance of the past retards and contaminates the gospel of Jesus.

AV would have rejected Jesus using the OT scripture, there is no Son of God coming down from heaven in Judaism. He would have made a great Pharisee. :sorry:

12. Colter

Colter Member

+1,367
    Other Religion
    Married
    Simple, the flood myth is in the genealogical portion of the Hebrews history/scripture. There is no secular history of the Hebrews because they destroyed all of it even though those books are still mentioned in their scripture.

In trying to trace their bloodlines back to the Adam of Mesopotamian lore, they found great difficulty in piecing the story together, so they decided to drown the whole world in its own wickedness to fill the gap. Bloodlines and assumed “authority” was key to the Zionist political, religious, nationalist propaganda document known as the Old Testament.

13. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,269
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    A very good option. Going by the description....

16 You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side.
    5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month. In the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains were seen.
    6 So it came to pass, at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made.

the one window was not opened till near the end of the flood.
    So it was dark and cool most of the voyage.

Hibernation - ScienceDirect

14. inquiring mind

+2,696
    Baptist
    Married
    If there was no actual flood, shouldn’t there be some actual verifiable secular history to the contrary around then? And still, why all the imagination and spotlight for simple-minded people?

15. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Either that, or I wouldn't have.

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
    Luke 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
    Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

And you a great anti-Semite.

16. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+1,089
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Kentucky.

17. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+1,965
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    That one don't float.
    OB

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Colter

Colter Member

+1,367
    Other Religion
    Married
    There was actual history of the Israelites, when they rewrote the scripture in Babylon they destroyed such books as The Chronicles of the Kings of Israel and Chronicles of the Kings of Judah and many others.

19. Colter

Colter Member

+1,367
    Other Religion
    Married
    Jesus was harder on the Jews than I have ever been!

Luke 23:27-31

A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
    and to the hills, “Cover us!”

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”

20. inquiring mind

+2,696
    Baptist
    Married
    I hear you… but it just seems impossible to have covered-up everything; something that was definitely contrary to the flood narrative would surely have found its way past your suggested “Babylonian re-writing.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.