aanjt

Jen
Dec 16, 2003
United States
✟559.00
Faith
Anglican
Lady_Swamp said:
I haven't seen many virgin brides nowadays.will they go to hell?

and sisleys can still get married in the US. what's going on?

are they real Chritians?

I need your voices, mates! I'm so confused!!!!!!! :help:

I hope that non-virgin brides will not end up in hell. How about those girls/females that were raped before being able to marry? What about fathers who sexually abuse their daughters? Will they go to hell as well because they weren't virgins? Also, please remember what Christ said to the crowd concerning the woman caught in adultery. If she could be forgiven for committing adultery, then a woman certainly could be forgiven for having sex before marriage (and what about the men! are they exempt from this!)

Yours in Christ,
Jen

Upvote 0

Nickolai

Eastern Orthodox Priest
Dec 31, 2003
Bethlehem, PA
Visit site
✟10,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lady_Swamp said:

are they real Chritians?

That's our secular society for you.

Christ forgives our sins. But we should stay virgins until marriage.

Upvote 0

alliedone

Animeone
Feb 6, 2004
✟283.00
Faith
Christian
aanjt said:
I hope that non-virgin brides will not end up in hell. How about those girls/females that were raped before being able to marry? What about fathers who sexually abuse their daughters? Will they go to hell as well because they weren't virgins? Also, please remember what Christ said to the crowd concerning the woman caught in adultery. If she could be forgiven for committing adultery, then a woman certainly could be forgiven for having sex before marriage (and what about the men! are they exempt from this!)

Yours in Christ,
Jen

So I have an interesting question to add onto this. What if a christian girl, knows she's going to be forgiven of her sins, goes and commit the act of having sex before marriage. That too is forgiven right? So then what is the point of being a virgin and waiting then?

Upvote 0

aanjt

Jen
Dec 16, 2003
United States
✟559.00
Faith
Anglican
alliedone said:
So I have an interesting question to add onto this. What if a christian girl, knows she's going to be forgiven of her sins, goes and commit the act of having sex before marriage. That too is forgiven right? So then what is the point of being a virgin and waiting then?

How repentant is she if she goes out and does a sin because "she will be forgiven"? That doesn't sound like someone who is really repentant of what she did.

Yours in Christ,
Jen

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
alliedone said:
Read Romans 6. The Apostle Paul addressed this very issue....

"there is nothing new under the sun" Eccl. 1:9b

Upvote 0

Jaywalk

Feb 26, 2004
Boston, MA
✟7,892.00
Faith
Christian
Lady_Swamp said:
Extramarital sex is a sin, but it's just one of many. If everyone who commits a sin were going to hell there wouldn't be hope for anyone. A Christian isn't someone who has never sinned, but one who repents of their sin and seeks to keep from sinning in the future.

As for gays; I have some friends who are practicing homosexuals who consider themselves Christians. I can't agree with their interpretation of Scripture, but I have no doubt that I also justify some of my own sinful behavior by convincing myself that it's not really sin. Are they Christians? In the end, only God knows the heart of others and it's not our calling to judge them, but to bear witness and to search our own hearts to follow God's will as best we can.

Upvote 0

Henhouse

Jan 29, 2004
Texas
✟305.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Lady_Swamp said:

are they real Chritians?

1. 1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
(And many other verses to support this theme.) Sex outside of marriage is a sin, but iit is not 'the unforgivable sin.' The getting married after sex isn't the issue - it's the sex itself. And, like any other sin, if you repent (stop doing it, and ask for forgiveness) you will be forgiven and get to go to heaven.

2.Some states/cities in the US recognize gay marriage, but not the US as a whole. We are working on tweaking our laws some so that gay marriage will not be a legal option anywhere, but lawmaking is a long and complicated process.

3. A person with homosexual tendancies can be a Christian, just as a person with a temper problem can be. But, as above, the key to 'going to heaven' is to stop walking in your sin (whatever it may be), and be forgiven by the power of Christ. A person who claims to be a CHristian and willfully walks in sin is in trouble.

(1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.)

Does this help?

Upvote 0

DatingSmarts

Feb 12, 2004
✟679.00
Faith
Catholic
what about men in the bible who had multiple wives? He wasn't virgin anymore when he added second and third wives to his bedroom.

the ot scriptures of the bible aren't fair to women regarding sexual matters. i don't rely on it for marriage or sexual issues because the deck is stacked against women. Women were not people, they were not equal to men in those times. women were considered property like cows or sheep. women were dehumanized as sex objects, in my opinion. Women finally got a glimmer of hope into their own humanity and divinity when jesus came along.

the focus on virginity dehumanizes women. men are not under this kind of inspection--they never have been---yet they are the worst sinners when it comes to sexual matters. they are the biggest transgressors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DatingSmarts said:
what about men in the bible who had multiple wives? He wasn't virgin anymore when he added second and third wives to his bedroom.
There is a huge difference between what the Bible teaches and what it records. Multiple wives has been recognized as wrong throughout church history. The account of Adam and Eve demonstrates this. (Gen. 2:24)

the ot scriptures of the bible aren't fair to women regarding sexual matters. i don't rely on it for marriage or sexual issues because the deck is stacked against women. Women were not people, they were not equal to men in those times. women were considered property like cows or sheep. women were dehumanized as sex objects, in my opinion. Women finally got a glimmer of hope into their own humanity and divinity when jesus came along.
The culture of the time was what you would call "stacked agains women." It was a patriarchal society. I'm sorry if that upsets you but it is a fact. Humans are sinful.

God views men and women equal in value. Both were created in His image. In the NT, Jesus often ministered to women.

the focus on virginity dehumanizes women. men are not under this kind of inspection--they never have been---yet they are the worst sinners when it comes to sexual matters. they are the biggest transgressors.
How so? I grant that this discussion has been focusing on women's virginity but I fail to see how men are exempt. The Biblical teachings against sexual sins apply to both genders.

Virginity until the wedding night is a beautiful thing. However, as we've already indicated, a lack of virginity in this regard is not the unforgivable sin. Christ redeems all sin for those who trust in Him.

Upvote 0

HappyPrincess

Soon To Be Wife
Mar 11, 2004
Pacific Northwest
✟195.00
Faith
Baptist
Lady_Swamp said:

Some will. Some won't.

Salvation has nothing to do if you're a virgin or not. It has to do if you believe in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the son of God, on the Cross for your sins. And his resurrection on the third day.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DatingSmarts said:

what about men in the bible who had multiple wives?
Originally God gave the first man a wife - and that surely is how it was meant to continue. The Old Testament beleivers were just like us - they did as they pleased as much as they could get away with it. That doesn't mean they were right to have numerous wives and concubines, and sleep with their servants too.
In his 1st. letter to Timothy, Paul asserts that church leaders must have only one wife.

Upvote 0

aagard

Apr 19, 2004
✟194.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God does what is called blood covenants and a virgin has what is called a hymen which has about a thimble full of blood, it is a covenant between a woman and her husband. I cor. 6:15 tells us not to marry harlots. what is a harlot in God's eyes . a person male or female that is not a virgin because they have committed fornication. if u both have committed fornication then i see no reason u can not marry for one is no better than the other, does not mean u r a second class citizens but neither of u r virgins anymore and u cannot expect God to treat u like He would treat a virgin, (that is if u ask for a mate He will not give u a virgin)

Upvote 0

Top Cat

Jul 2, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
God help us all if there were unforgivable sins. I thought the whole point of being a christian was to have sins washed away and start a new life in christ. If God forgave Moses and Paul who were both murderers i'm sure he can forgive sex outside marriage. The fact that it needs to be forgiven shows that it is sin. I think a lot of people are getting very narky with christians because they feel that because we say certain things are sins, that we hate the people who commit them. Unfortunately it is true that in the past many people who were guilty of particular sins such as sex outside marriage and homosexuality were shunned and abused very badly by society. however anyone who knows Christ knows that this is not Christ's way. To be tolerant does not mean that you think anything goes, and to be biggotted has nothing to do with Jesus or christianity.

Sorry this has probably nothing whatsoever to do with the argument. It just seems to be a bug bear with me. The Church (or some parts of it) seem to be trying to 'catch up' with 21st century morals, and failing to see that 1) the world is no different today than the cultures that Paul preached to and 2) that the church is not connected to the state and is not required to 'catch up' and blend in. Our mission is to reach out. If we as a church are just like every other institution in society, then how can we stand out as a light to all nations.

Top Cat

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Tinydancer19

To be honest

Its hard to find alot of people who are still virgins and unmarried as you get older. But don't get me wrong there are still people out there who are.

I also feel that some people make the choice to have sex before marriage but realize its not what they want. At this point some people decide to be cleansed or in other words devirginised. Now some people don't feel this is possible. But I think it is...for if you have learned that your actions were sinful and wait from then on untill you're married to have sex again you have been faithful to your word to god.

I mean i know sex is a major important thing to have with someone you love and I don't doubt that at all. But I don't feel people cleansing themselves from sex is much different from cleansing themselves from something such as touching yourself.

People think its ok if they touch but if they don't have sex then they're ok. It's not true and a friend showed me a quote from the bible. In it the lord says "When any man has a bodily discharge, the discharge is unclean whether it continues flowing from his body or is blocked it will make him unclean" (Leviticus 15:2,3)

Therefore majority of the population touch; therefore, I feel if you can stop masterbating and feel cleansed. Then I feel you can make the decision to not have sex and be cleansed before marriage.

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
DatingSmarts said:

While I agree with you in the sense that women were not treated well in times past. They were actually treated much better in the land of Israel. Very few societies would allow a woman to own land; however, a woman could inherit land in Israel. Israeli woman had it much better than most, from what I have been told.

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Tinydancer19 said:
To be honest

Its hard to find alot of people who are still virgins and unmarried as you get older. But don't get me wrong there are still people out there who are.

I also feel that some people make the choice to have sex before marriage but realize its not what they want. At this point some people decide to be cleansed or in other words devirginised. Now some people don't feel this is possible. But I think it is...for if you have learned that your actions were sinful and wait from then on untill you're married to have sex again you have been faithful to your word to god.

I mean i know sex is a major important thing to have with someone you love and I don't doubt that at all. But I don't feel people cleansing themselves from sex is much different from cleansing themselves from something such as touching yourself.

People think its ok if they touch but if they don't have sex then they're ok. It's not true and a friend showed me a quote from the bible. In it the lord says "When any man has a bodily discharge, the discharge is unclean whether it continues flowing from his body or is blocked it will make him unclean" (Leviticus 15:2,3)

Therefore majority of the population touch; therefore, I feel if you can stop masterbating and feel cleansed. Then I feel you can make the decision to not have sex and be cleansed before marriage.
Just for some thoughts on sex inside and outside of marriage. Sex in and of itself is definitely more than a simple, physical act for a Jew or Christian. Sex involves a matter of becoming 'one'. The problem that arises from sex outside of marriage is the fact that this attachment occurs. It's not a sin such as stealing or something that does not affect your soul. It's ramifications are deep.

I know this from self-experience. I made that mistake. But my God is much greater than my stupidity and selfishness. Would I recommend to all that they wait till marriage to have sex? By all means. Within the work of God and the institution of marriage it is much more satisfying and does not have all the potential baggage.

Hope that didn't sound like babble.

Upvote 0

Patt Myle

May 4, 2004
Newbury, Ohio
✟119.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah a good story is my friend James is not a virgin. Before he was christian I guess he did that and afterwards Christs Blood took away that sin. Sometimes it takes a real personal testimony to help you with a certain situation. Im not saying go around asking your friends if they spread their legs before marriage.Respect them as much as you would respect yourself.

Upvote 0

DJCat

May 10, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
If the woman is not a virgin but has repented and been forgiven of her sin. It would still not be the same because their will be no blood-covenant between the husband and her. No matter that she is forgiven, this special spiritual covenant... (blood - the highest form of covenant) can never happen between the husband and wife.
Also, if either partner has had sex with someone else before, would that mean they are commiting adultery by sleeping with each other? Because it's like they are married and divorced from their first sex partner already. In 1 cor 7 it talks about commiting adultery if you marry someone that is already divorced. Would this be such an instance?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.