Pennsylvania
✟7,634.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love a variety of music, but in recent years I've really been intrigued by anything of a jazz nature.

(Man, it looks like I'm the "geezer" on this thread, so far!)

I love jazz too!

I'll totally join this group, I'm a music lover of all genres but my favorite has to be Broadway musicals.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ah, a thread about a club of music. I love music, especially Christian music/ church songs. They make my soul lighter and then somehow heals me faster. Now aside from those, I love classical European instrumentals as well. They represent the original spirit of harmony of the instruments. I also love Japanese music as blatantly seen in the Secular Music index.

Currently, I am with piano and flute, though not that good this time but at least I know how to play them.

Upvote 0

Raleigh14

Jul 13, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Music is an awesome way to express how you feel, i know what you mean. Music does have healing qualities and ways of making us feel better when situations are bleak. Loving A Capella lately, I found this awesome version of Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream on Youtube, it was very moving and uplifting. I play a few instruments, i dabble with guitar, piano, brass and drums.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I learned to play the guitar late in life and I wrote songs...alot of songs
and I performed them wherever I could.
All my songs were worship songs.
Some people loved them others could care less.

I never "performed" any of my songs but I did worship the Lord while playing and singing.

I had some great momments where the world faded out and I was
in the throne room with God.

One time a violin was heard during a worship session with others
at a church I use to play at.

There was no violin in the church and yet it was heard by all
including myself and it even was recorded.

I still have a copy of the violin that played along with us that Sunday morning.

Now I barely pick up my guitar.

Whatever dream I once had of playing and worshipping in
a public manner has died a thousand deaths.

I still love all kinds of music and I hope one day to be able
to play, sing and worship with others again but for now I am
being directed back toward healing and prayer ministy. (that
had died a thousand deaths)

I don't try to figure out God or His next step form my life anymore.
I am grateful for whatever God brings my way including
coming here and sharing with anyone who will listen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟832,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Pal that's great you can write your own worship songs to the Lord. What a blessing!

I play piano and a little guitar. I like contemporary music, but not hard rock. One of my favourite groups is Phillips, Craig and Dean. After trying out You Tube for a friend I was glad to find songs I listened to in the 70s and 80s. My favourite song is He's Everything to Me written by Ralph Carmichael.

Too bad this music club could not get together and make music together. What I wouldn't mind is to play more with guitar players! and the piano at out church? well you can put it in any key to make the guitar player happy, and I like it because I can put a song in a lower key, as most of my music was written for a piano that was about 2 keys too low (yes it needed to be tuned).

Upvote 0

SweetAvenue

Nov 28, 2011
Massachusetts (North Shore)
✟8,498.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been playing guitar for 3 1/2 years, ukulele for 1 1/2-ish, and mandolin for a couple months. I also sing.

I don't actually play a lot of Christian stuff. I've written a couple Christian songs, and I listen to some Christian stuff, but not much.

My favorite band of all time is Jets To Brazil. They are wonderful and amazing and special and no one has ever heard of them!

I'm looking to start a semi-Christian, semi-secular band. Anyone from the Boston area who would be interested?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thusia Zao

Living Sacrifice
Dec 1, 2011
California
✟15,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love K-Love. If anyone listens to that...

I love some secular songs...

I love Red. If anyone knows who they are...

I am a drummer. Been a drummer for 5+ years now. Taught drums and played in worship bands.

I love learning knew things on the piano as well, even though I SUCK LOL. I used to play for 6 years when I was little and then I lost it...

Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE TRIED THIS! AHHHH!!!!
Alright. Sorry. Anyone want to do this? We basically just talk about songs we listen to and songs we write... and basically anything else we can think of. Let's get this started!

Hello all. I play several instruments, sing in our choir (female tenor...i blame the cigarettes), as well as compose pieces.

Upvote 0

Hope Mikaelson

Nov 6, 2022
Colorado
✟11,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Techo

Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Now I barely pick up my guitar.

Whatever dream I once had of playing and worshipping in
a public manner has died a thousand deaths.

I still love all kinds of music and I hope one day to be able
to play, sing and worship with others again but for now I am
being directed back toward healing and prayer ministy. (that
had died a thousand deaths)
Pal Handy, I find that playing and worshipping is not something that needs to be a public thing... you do it because that's who you are... even if there is nobody around to hear you. The songs I write maybe nobody else will ever hear but I write them anyway. I write them for me... and for the Lord.

It would be nice to have someone else to jam with but I still need to maintain some skills on the guitar. I do play guitar or blues harp with another bloke when we go away camping but that's not much. Been thinking that I need to stream the music we sing at Church though the home sound system so, when a song appeals to me, I can pick up the guitar and play along. It'd be good to sharpen my ear for what key or chords are used and get my rhythm a bit more consistent. I could even dig out the sheet music... if I got real serious about it.

For a while I did not pick up my guitar. I'd have to get the case out of where I'd stored it, get the guitar out, play it for minutes... maybe even an hour... then put it away again. Now I leave the folk guitar, the steel string and the bass on guitar stands near where I spend my time (lounge for the folk, the rest in the study) so I can pick them up at the merest whim.

I need to start playing the piano again... way too rusty on that. The trumpet and clarinet, on their stands, look at me every time I walk past making me feel guilty about not playing, or rather, trying to play them. (Might be too many decades since I learnt the trumpet but I've only just bought the clarinet so I should try to learn it). Not even bothered with getting the violin and flute out of their cases.

Upvote 0