May 6, 2005
The Narrow Road
Visit site
✟20,518.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Nice. I hear that playing piano helps with learning other instruments too. Any truth to that?

Last night, I was tunning my guitar, and a string broke, and that's never happened to me before, so I'm having truble re-stringing it... AHHHHH!!!!!

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Maxster211 said:
Nice. I hear that playing piano helps with learning other instruments too. Any truth to that?

Yes. Piano is a good basis for music learning. The notes are there, in tune, ready to be played. It helps with recognising pitch and the note relativity between themselves. Most other instruments you have to change the pitch yourself in some way (by either pressing a string/key, or moving your mouth) but with piano, it's already there. That's why it's a good basis for musical learning.

Maxster211 said:
Last night, I was tunning my guitar, and a string broke, and that's never happened to me before, so I'm having truble re-stringing it... AHHHHH!!!!!

Ahh I hate it when strings break! I've been hit in the face with one before when I was playing my violin and the E string snapped! Ow! :cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LeoJeric

Mar 23, 2007
Ontario
✟7,691.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So here's the thing. I really can't overlook this thread. Music is kinda my passion, if something can ever "kinda" be a passion. Actually, I'm a drummer. Been playing for a bit and loving every single second....minute....hour of it. I moved out of my parents place this september and into an apartment with thinly insulated walls, so sound travels nicely to everyone with in 20 meters and there are very specific noise rules in my community. I still get to play with my church worship team and I also get to practice and pray once a week with the kit at my church.

In terms of listening to music. I like it all. I LOVE Hardcore, Rock and Alt/experimental (Mute Math boys and girls!!!). I simply love music. God does wonderous things through sound and I love the way it effects ppl in so many different ways.

Reactions: J27
Upvote 0

Angel_of_the_Lord

I shall serve God.
Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll definately join this club! I enjoy music soooo much, for I find it one of the only things that matters in this world!

Other things, like videogames, computers, money... it will all pass away, and I don't think anything like that will be in heaven; however, I know music is in heaven, that I do!

In terms of what I like, I like most everything, as long as it doesn't have many bad words in it. I really like tunes without vocals, such as videogame midis. Yeah, I like videogame music. It was what first got me into music, that it was! Oh, Japanese music is awesome, too!

I play the piano, and I'm learning to play the guitar. I want to learn how to play every instrument that I possibly can while I live. I enjoy studying the music theory, the aesthetic value of the grand staff, and... pretty much everything about music, visually and vibrationally.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod123

Apr 12, 2007
California
✟8,366.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll join! :)

As for creating my own music, I'm a singer. I can play the piano from the lessons I took as a child, but I'm not incredibly good.

For listening, I like pretty much anything. I LOVE rock, however.

Thanks for making this thread!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I play piano, and my hubby plays guitar. My favorite type of music is SKA.

Oooh I like Ska. :) I'm not too familiar with it though, but I really like it from what little I've heard. My favorite band is The O.C. Supertones.

I play, percussion, drums (not the drumset yet), flute, guitar, and piano. Music is fun! :) I'm thinking about learning the clarinet sometime...

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I love a variety of music, but in recent years I've really been intrigued by anything of a jazz nature.

(Man, it looks like I'm the "geezer" on this thread, so far!)

cool, I like some styles of Jazz. :) I went to a jazz concert at my school last semester for an assignment in my music appreciation class and I was surprised how much I enjoy that style of music. There are of course some kinds or things in jazz that annoy me, which is probably why I haven't been exposed to it more. But from what I've seen in more recent years, I probably like most jazz. I don't really care for any slow songs though... but I could be wrong. :)

Upvote 0

J27

Jesus - My Need, My Want, My Everything
Jun 9, 2006
Durban
✟13,342.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Finally I found a thread that really interest me, I love music, I write songs and I love to sing, But I dnt know how to play any instruments, I want to save up and but and electric guitar, I pray that God will make a way.

Upvote 0