• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Muscle spasms, sciatica, urology

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In no way am I promoting myself, those channels aren't even mine. I used the caps to help capture people's attention so stop the ignorance and try and understand why I did it instead of criticizing me cause in the end we're doing for The Kingdom and how you come across back goes against it.

Well, the fact is sometimes people won't even read something if it is all caps. They just figure it is some kind of rant. Just letting you know some reasons why no one made a comment.

Here is another:

If indeed you can 'faith heal', you need to get in line at the cancer wards and get to work. How come you folks never do that? That's what I never understand. You say it is so easy...well get with it. And you call us 'ignorant'? The smart thing to do is to go to the Cancer wards and start healing if that is your gift.

I believe in healing prayer to GOD. And also the Lord will lead us to the right docs to help us if we ask Him.

Upvote 0

raggedycamel

Goodbye
Aug 21, 2012
✟8,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyway,

... since I wrote this original post in 2014, I have had some help finally with this.

Now, please understand

I'm not going to doctors 'instead' of God. I wholeheartedly believe that God is a huge part of this for me.

Back in 2012, I saw a chiropractor who made my neck and back much *worse*.

I went to physical therapy as the doctor ordered for me (finally). Then they sent me for an MRI.

I 'have':

"L4-L5: Disc desiccation change with mild disc space narrowing. Mild reactive endplate edema. Large central extrusion with anterior deformity of the thecal sac. There is narrowing of the spinal canal.

L5-S1: Advanced disc space narrowing with reactive endplate edema. Large central extrusion with mild inferior extension. There is significant anterior deformity of the thecal sac and narrowing of the spinal canal.

IMPRESSION: Significant discogenic degenerative change at L4-5 and L5-S1. Surgical consultation is recommended."

I also 'have': "C5/6 and C6/7 radiculopathy".

I typed those out exactly as it was on the papers I received from the MRI and Nerve Conduction Study.

Now... I am praying for a miracle, although God has helped me SOOO much over the last year and a half. Notice I put the words "have" in apostrophes.

What I typed is what the doctors say I have.

But I declare, they are HAD.

I really believe that we have to *believe* to see the manifestation of what we're believing, if it lines up with God's will.

(Am I believing wrong? If I am, someone, anyone, please correct me! I'm open to correction.)

I know that among a lot of, well, some, Christian believers, they may say, "NO, you must have faith .. and it will go away."

I've had faith. I have faith. And I'm not complaining, not at all. I'm just saying, well, maybe it's in God's will to allow the doctors to help me a little bit.

My heart does not condemn me for getting help from doctors.

I have not had surgery, and my doctor actually thinks it wouldn't be best to have it. I agree. But I am receiving (thanks be to God and Jesus) steroid injections in my lower back; one every three months.

It helps for about 2 weeks, then the pain comes back. And I have to wait til the next one. But I know God is with me through my pain. He never leaves me. He's the One who has made it possible for me to receive 2 weeks of pain relief!

(By the way, I am not on any pain pills. I'm not a drug addict either. I hate narcotics. I cannot stand them. If I'm not totally focused and in my right mind, I just cannot stand it.)

I know that God is working for me. Jesus is with me everyday. They are my heart's desire.

I want to thank you ALL for your comments. I'm so sorry I didn't check back in this thread sooner. But I appreciate everyone, so much. And to KK_97, I understand what you're saying. I didn't mean to ignore you; I just didn't come back to this thread for a while. I forgot I had created it.

I've heard there is a massage therapist in my town that prays over you as she massages. I'm going to look into that asap.

I wish I could comment on everyone's comment, but I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming the thread. But I have read them, and I not only appreciate everyone's words, but I will DEFINITELY keep them in mind.

I love you guys. Thank you all so much. God Bless You! :groupray:

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyway,

... since I wrote this original post in 2014, I have had some help finally with this.

Now, please understand

I'm not going to doctors 'instead' of God. I wholeheartedly believe that God is a huge part of this for me.

Back in 2012, I saw a chiropractor who made my neck and back much *worse*.

I went to physical therapy as the doctor ordered for me (finally). Then they sent me for an MRI.

I 'have':

"L4-L5: Disc desiccation change with mild disc space narrowing. Mild reactive endplate edema. Large central extrusion with anterior deformity of the thecal sac. There is narrowing of the spinal canal.

L5-S1: Advanced disc space narrowing with reactive endplate edema. Large central extrusion with mild inferior extension. There is significant anterior deformity of the thecal sac and narrowing of the spinal canal.

IMPRESSION: Significant discogenic degenerative change at L4-5 and L5-S1. Surgical consultation is recommended."

I also 'have': "C5/6 and C6/7 radiculopathy".

I typed those out exactly as it was on the papers I received from the MRI and Nerve Conduction Study.

Now... I am praying for a miracle, although God has helped me SOOO much over the last year and a half. Notice I put the words "have" in apostrophes.

What I typed is what the doctors say I have.

But I declare, they are HAD.

I really believe that we have to *believe* to see the manifestation of what we're believing, if it lines up with God's will.

(Am I believing wrong? If I am, someone, anyone, please correct me! I'm open to correction.)

I know that among a lot of, well, some, Christian believers, they may say, "NO, you must have faith .. and it will go away."

I've had faith. I have faith. And I'm not complaining, not at all. I'm just saying, well, maybe it's in God's will to allow the doctors to help me a little bit.

My heart does not condemn me for getting help from doctors.

I have not had surgery, and my doctor actually thinks it wouldn't be best to have it. I agree. But I am receiving (thanks be to God and Jesus) steroid injections in my lower back; one every three months.

It helps for about 2 weeks, then the pain comes back. And I have to wait til the next one. But I know God is with me through my pain. He never leaves me. He's the One who has made it possible for me to receive 2 weeks of pain relief!

(By the way, I am not on any pain pills. I'm not a drug addict either. I hate narcotics. I cannot stand them. If I'm not totally focused and in my right mind, I just cannot stand it.)

I know that God is working for me. Jesus is with me everyday. They are my heart's desire.

I want to thank you ALL for your comments. I'm so sorry I didn't check back in this thread sooner. But I appreciate everyone, so much. And to KK_97, I understand what you're saying. I didn't mean to ignore you; I just didn't come back to this thread for a while. I forgot I had created it.

I've heard there is a massage therapist in my town that prays over you as she massages. I'm going to look into that asap.

I wish I could comment on everyone's comment, but I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming the thread. But I have read them, and I not only appreciate everyone's words, but I will DEFINITELY keep them in mind.

I love you guys. Thank you all so much. God Bless You! :groupray:

I am so glad you are getting some relief! So am I with the injections! Praise God they are working for both of us.
Ya know, the Lord sometimes works in mysterious ways and sometimes He works through people blessed be His Name.
Blessings to you, Brother.

Upvote 0

raggedycamel

Goodbye
Aug 21, 2012
✟8,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good luck with everything and just remember this. You don't need anyone to deliver yourself/pray over your body you can do it through Jesus name:prayer::wave:

Yes! That is very true.

I was just thinking that maybe I just have a speck of doubt at times when I do things in Jesus' name.

Let me tell you something, if you don't mind... this is amazing!

First of all, I LOVE animals!!!!!!!!!
And I have a dog. Sometimes she refuses to eat. She will act a little strange, then sometimes she will get sick and vomit. I'm not sure if she's just lacking something in her diet or what... but when she gets that way, I place my hands on her... one on her head, and one on her stomach. I pray. I pray until I can SEE no speck of doubt.

When I first start to pray, I have specks of doubt. Sometimes I think it's because she gets sick at a time when we have a lot of things going on here at the house. So it's hectic around the house, and she gets sick. I think that may be what causes the speck of doubt...

Anyway... I pray. And pray. And rebuke. And ask for blessings on her. And pray. And quote scripture. And pray...

Then I see no speck of doubt...

And then - within 10 minutes of me praying with my dog, she recovers 100%. She begins drinking her water, eating her food, even eating her jerky snacks, and is playful again.

I've done this SEVERAL times to my dog. But I've not told anyone about this before. (So in telling it, I hope it does not become ineffective next time I pray over my dog).

But see... I can pray over my dog with no speck of doubt, and she recovers. But I've never really prayed over myself without a speck of doubt.

I just noticed that. And KK_97, thank you for your reply, since it sparked this to my remembrance.

Thank you ALL for the replies. God bless you all. I love you. :)

Reactions: KK_97
Upvote 0

raggedycamel

Goodbye
Aug 21, 2012
✟8,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am so glad you are getting some relief! So am I with the injections! Praise God they are working for both of us.
Ya know, the Lord sometimes works in mysterious ways and sometimes He works through people blessed be His Name.
Blessings to you, Brother.

AMEN AMEN! God bless you!

Glory to God, they are working for us - YES!

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting relief too. I know God placed doctors and certain medications here for us to use to help us.

I'm looking forward to the Tree and Water of Life... and when we will have perfect bodies (no need for injections then!)

Yes the LORD works in mysterious ways, and very awesome ways!

I noticed that LORD God is very gradual about things... and a lot of times, when He speaks to us, it is sometimes hidden in plain sight.

God is so awesome to put us in certain places at certain times. He lines it all up! He indeed is "Father Time", because He controls time, and makes amazing things happen. I could go on and on about this.

I hate to cut this reply short... it's 5am here. I should have came on earlier. Lord willing, I'll get back on again soon.

I love you all. Take care. :amen::clap::groupray::oldthumbsup::wave::angel::hug:^_^

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AMEN AMEN! God bless you!

Glory to God, they are working for us - YES!

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting relief too. I know God placed doctors and certain medications here for us to use to help us.

I'm looking forward to the Tree and Water of Life... and when we will have perfect bodies (no need for injections then!)

Yes the LORD works in mysterious ways, and very awesome ways!

I noticed that LORD God is very gradual about things... and a lot of times, when He speaks to us, it is sometimes hidden in plain sight.

God is so awesome to put us in certain places at certain times. He lines it all up! He indeed is "Father Time", because He controls time, and makes amazing things happen. I could go on and on about this.

I hate to cut this reply short... it's 5am here. I should have came on earlier. Lord willing, I'll get back on again soon.

I love you all. Take care. :amen::clap::groupray::oldthumbsup::wave::angel::hug:^_^
Thank you so much for your reply. You indeed must be feeling better! Have a great day and I look forward to talking to you soon.
Zippy2

Reactions: raggedycamel
Upvote 0

raggedycamel

Goodbye
Aug 21, 2012
✟8,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you so much for your reply. You indeed must be feeling better! Have a great day and I look forward to talking to you soon.
Zippy2

Oh Yes, I am feeling so much better.

God has answered so many prayers for me, in the ways I thought it wouldn't happen... or rather, unexpected ways!

I have been going to physical therapy for my arm. They gave me exercises to do at home. I go tomorrow, and then Wednesday, then I am finished with it. The ladies who help me at PT also think I'm doing better in my arm.

For a long time I was frustrated, thinking God was forgetting about me in my pain. But He didn't. He never does. He's always with me. With us. :)

I thank you all so much for talking with me about this. Every person who has commented, you are a blessing! It feels so awesome to have people to talk to about this. :)

God bless you,
Alex

Upvote 0