loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
Guess you guys think that you gain some traction and new voters doing that? Or probably just lose a lot more?
M-Bob
...calling people vile names and being abusive and derogatory got a Republican elected President and people in politics tend not to argue with success. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We’re just following the example set by our great leader.

I think it's truly shameful that many conservative Christians are following his example. As a Christian myself, I don't want my personal Christian faith to be even remotely associated with him. I think it's disheartening to have a man like him being associated with the Christian faith in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think it's truly shameful that many conservative Christians are following his example. As a Christian myself, I don't want my personal Christian faith to even be remotely associated with him. I think it's disheartening to have a man like him being associated with the Christian faith in the first place.

I don't associate Trump with the Christian faith. Sure, he proposed teaching the Bible in public schools. It makes no difference if he does not ACT like a Christian every single day of his life.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...calling people vile names and being abusive and derogatory got a Republican elected President and people in politics tend not to argue with success. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

According to many of his loyal supporters, they really like him because he tells it like it is and he means what he says. They say that they really like him because he always speaks his mind and he doesn't sugarcoat anything. Of course, all of that devoted confession immediately changes as soon as he's caught telling another lie or saying something that's clearly false, then suddenly it's "that's not what he meant!" or that's "fake news" because of the "evil liberal media" or something to that effect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think it's truly shameful that many conservative Christians are following his example.

Are they? First, the line is that they are hypocrites for supporting the only president in recent times who has done anything to support Christians, Christian churches, and Christian charities against the steady attacks of people who are opposed to religion in public life. Doing that is supposed to be a character flaw in those Christians (???)

But now, it's moved along and become "conservative Christians are following his example." No evidence or even examples of that are offered, of course.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
For one thing, it's nuts to say that Trump's supporters follow "even when there is seemingly no chance of success." No chance? The polls progressively show the President heading towards re-election.
(snip)
Really? Could you post say 10 of them from different pollsters that said that? :wave:
tulc(would be interested in seeing those) :)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
According to many of his loyal supporters, they really like him because he tells it like it is and always he means what he says. They say that they really like him because he always speaks his mind and he doesn't sugarcoat anything. Of course, all of that devoted confession immediately changes as soon as he's caught telling another lie or saying something that's clearly false, then suddenly it's "that's not what he meant!" or that's "fake news" because of the "evil liberal media" or something to that effect.
This isn't so hard to unravel, my friend. When the likes of Maxine Waters or MSNBC label something a lie, that doesn't mean it is! Time and again, I have checked into these alleged "lies" and found out that the accusers simply manufactured the charge.

I suspect that other people--the Christians you want nothing to do with--probably have done the same. As a result they feel the need, as Christians, to oppose slander and bearing false witness. Those are considered sins by the Bible and by the Christian religion.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't associate Trump with the Christian faith. Sure, he proposed teaching the Bible in public schools. It makes no difference if he does not ACT like a Christian every single day of his life.

No, it doesn't make the slightest difference in his life. Let's not forget his pompous attempt to read from "Two Corinthians" because he was trying to impress and pander to his evangelical supporters.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, it doesn't make the slightest difference in his life. Let's not forget his pompous attempt to read from "Two Corinthians" because he was trying to impress and pander to his evangelical supporters.
If that were true, he would have done a lot more than make a one-time reference to Corinthians.

But the truth is that he does not claim to be a devout churchgoer, doesn't play the game that almost every president in my lifetime engaged in of being seen talking with the dean or some other clergyman on the steps of the National Cathedral after Sunday worship, and does not routinely 'talk religious' like John Kasich and Mayor Pete Buttigieg do. Even Hillary played at that more often than Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And it kind of reminds me of when Hillary put her foot in her mouth calling Trump supports dirty (nasty) names.

Guess you guys think that you gain some traction and new voters doing that? Or probably just lose a lot more?
M-Bob
"Deplorable" is not a "dirty, nasty name."

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are they? First, the line is that they are hypocrites for supporting the only president in recent times who has done anything to support Christians
...well only the "right kind of Christians" of course. the ones who support him. Those other ones who oppose any of his policies? Not so much. :sorry:

, Christian churches, and Christian charities against the steady attacks of people who are opposed to religion in public life.
You're not really making a case for them not sounding like ISIS here. :eek:

Doing that is supposed to be a character flaw in those Christians (???)
uhmmm...yeah actually, it's sort of what makes a Christian a Christian isn't it? Working to help others, not trying to gain favors for yourselves and make your particular set of beliefs the dominant opinion? :scratch:

But now, it's moved along and become "conservative Christians are following his example." No evidence or even examples of that are offered, of course.
Well there was this guy:
Pastor Rick Wiles: Attempt to Remove Trump is Jewish Coup, Millions of Christians Will be Killed
one of President Trumps ardent supporter/Pastor of a church/talk show guy who called the impeachment hearings "a Jew coup".
or this guy: 'Demonic power': Franklin Graham claims supernatural element behind attacks on Trump
where Franklin Graham and the guy interviewing him said anyone involved in the investigations is under demonic control.
or the time this guy called Democrats "fascists" and "Brownshirts":
Christian leader Jerry Falwell urges Trump support: 'He’s a moral person'
:wave:
tulc(there are more but thinks these ones get the idea across) :sigh:

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are they? First, the line is that they are hypocrites for supporting the only president in recent times who has done anything to support Christians, Christian churches, and Christian charities against the steady attacks of people who are opposed to religion in public life. Doing that is supposed to be a character flaw in those Christians?

Are you sure about this? George Bush promoted something described as being "faith-based." Is that not a Christian initiative? What about his nominations of Supreme Court justices who oppose abortion?

You have to know as an American citizen Presidents are not allowed to use religion as the basis for public policies anytime they want. There are big limitations to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Deplorable" is not a "dirty, nasty name."

Obama warns Democrats against going too
far left: 'We have to be rooted in reality'
Obama warns Democrats against going too far left: 'We have to be rooted in reality'
-

The former president was a self-avowed Marxist in his youth. Obama obtained office by covering up his Marxist past, the Democrats currently running for office proudly embrace their far-left views.

In Dreams From My Father, Obama
recounts how Davis [Frank Marshall]
offered him advice on several life-altering issues:
on race, on women, on college and on society
in general.

Take for example President Barack Obama's
shifting stance on gay marriage
President Barack Obama's shifting stance on gay marriage

Axelrod: Obama Misled Nation When He Opposed Gay Marriage In 2008
Axelrod: Obama Misled Nation When He Opposed Gay Marriage In 2008

Obama obtained power through deceit, before
becoming the most biblically hostile president
in U.S. history. An American office for enforcing
laws was occupied by a man who instead enforced
his personal will, and the erosion of the rule of law.

Bureaucrats that Obama’s administration appointed are still attacking the nation’s Judeo-Christian moral codes and constitutional form of government.
-

Barack Obama is advising Democrats against
leaning too far left on the campaign trail.

He is advising this because he fears Democrats will lose the 2020 presidential elections if they try to push the nation left too fast.

Democrats are no longer willing to accept
Obama’s deceptive strategy!

Do you enjoy being called that?
Maybe we found one?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Certainly Trump's numerous KKK, alt-right, and militia followers could be compared to ISIS.

They bombed the OKC Federal building. They are the perpetrators of many of our almost daily mass shootings...

They do not represent all Trump supporters.

After Parkland, I participated in one of many gun safety rallies in my state. That night, I read that in another town about 50 miles away, Alt-Righters were posted in the trees with sniper rifles!!!!!! The police force not only had boots on the ground but drone and helicopter support as they scoped out these domestic terrorists.

Malcolm Nance was an intellligence officer. He is an acknowledged expert on cybersecurity. He is a truth teller.

Have yet to meet one?
And live in the red neck part of town.
Where are all these ones?
What do we have 1%.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
MSNBC's Nance compares Trump supporters to ISIS: 'They're dead-enders'
Fox Nation host David Webb said Wednesday that an MSNBC contributor's recent comment comparing supporters of President Trump to ISIS terrorists is par for the course and emblematic of where the Democratic Party is as a whole.

Appearing on "Hardball" with host Chris Matthews, former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance said on a panel that the "behaviors" he was seeing from the president's backers remind him of ISIS members.

Thanks for sharing this, Bob. Well, in reading the context of his comments, which are quite different from the clickbait title, what he said makes sense.

The behaviors I'm seeing here, and this is anecdotal, are very similar to the way that ISIS members are. They are true believers, this is their reality, and they will not surrender it. You know, they're dead-enders," he said.

You know I find you likable as a person Bob, but do you not realize that your own posts around here support what Malcolm Nance said?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you. The bolded part is a fair assessment because it does describe Trump's voting base.
As if you would know.

So here's the thing to do. Write or call the White House and tell them the names of the people you don't approve of. He doesn't know who you are talking about, of course. Then he can contact those people and tell them not to vote anymore.

The familiar but erroneous argument you are using falls on two accounts:

1. No one chooses between the top two because one is Satan and the other is the most perfect person who ever lived. It's a matter of which is the better of the two on whatever issues most concern that individual voter--none of which you are informed about.

and

2. You are attacking the character of the candidate because of the unknown choice of some unknown voters (if they vote at all). But it's not that he has chosen them; it's that they have chosen him (if indeed they have).

If your analysis were valid, the "base" of the various Democrat candidates would be people like Antifa and you would have to be denouncing Warren, Sanders, et al just as you denounced Trump here. But of course I am not holding my breath until that happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.