United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MSNBC's Nance compares Trump supporters to ISIS: 'They're dead-enders'
Fox Nation host David Webb said Wednesday that an MSNBC contributor's recent comment comparing supporters of President Trump to ISIS terrorists is par for the course and emblematic of where the Democratic Party is as a whole.

Appearing on "Hardball" with host Chris Matthews, former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance said on a panel that the "behaviors" he was seeing from the president's backers remind him of ISIS members.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Fox Nation host David Webb said Wednesday that an MSNBC contributor's recent comment comparing supporters of President Trump to ISIS terrorists is par for the course and emblematic of where the Democratic Party is as a whole.

Appearing on "Hardball" with host Chris Matthews, former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance said on a panel that the "behaviors" he was seeing from the president's backers remind him of ISIS members.
And?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And it kind of reminds me of when Hillary put her foot in her mouth calling Trump supports dirty (nasty) names.

Guess you guys think that you gain some traction and new voters doing that? Or probably just lose a lot more?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's the latest directive from the Democratic Party's higher-ups, and so it immediately was voiced by those followers who are in the public realm. We can add it to "bribery," "millionaires and billionaires," "culture of corruption," and all the other slogans that went before.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And it kind of reminds me of when Hillary put her foot in her mouth calling Trump supports dirty (nasty) names.

Guess you guys think that you gain some traction and new voters doing that? Or probably just lose a lot more?
M-Bob
It reminds me of when Trump called Obama the MVP and “founder” of ISIS.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just like the deplorable comment.

Should just bring in more votes for Trump.

Because, some people don't care for the haters.
And will vote against them.
No matter what side of the aisle they are on.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Get back to me when you are called "Traitor" or "Enemy of the people". The audacity of conservatives whining because the non PC culture they promoted is not to their liking when they are in the cross hairs.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Enemy of the people".

The audacity of conservatives whining because the non PC culture they promoted is not to their liking when they are in the cross hairs.

ISIS qualifies
but, you may have never known that?
Or possibly forgot?
Or don't care?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It reminds me of when Trump called Obama the MVP and “founder” of ISIS.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who sees the irony in threads like this one when a conservative will point a judgmental finger at liberals while supporting Donald Trump. Some conservatives act as if Democrats are the only people in politics who will disparage their political opponents. We hear nothing but excuses to dismiss Trump's behavior whenever he viciously insults his political opponents.

Get back to me when you are called "Traitor" or "Enemy of the people". The audacity of conservatives whining because the non PC culture they promoted is not to their liking when they are in the cross hairs.

Don't forget HUMAN SCUM and calling black NFL players SOBs because they knelt during the National Anthem, and his profane countries remark. I think we both know that this fake outrage is more virtue-signaling than anything else and the attempts to appear indignant shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob
There is a difference between the "deplorables" comment and the observation about Obama being the founder of ISIS, though. There is a reason why the latter one of these makes sense but the former one is just name-calling. And, unfortunately, it is vicious name-calling that has contributed so much to dividing Americans lately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,914.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here is what was said by former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance with some definitions added to a couple of the words in the quote found in the Fox article.

"The behaviors I'm seeing here, and this is anecdotal [Not necessarily true or reliable, but based on personal opinion], are very similar to the way that ISIS members are. They are true believers, this is their reality, and they will not surrender it. You know, they're dead-enders [People who continue to support a particular cause, political candidate, etc., even when there is seemingly no chance of success]." -- Former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance

I find myself to have the same opinion as Nance when it comes to those who continue to support President Trump despite his blatant dishonesty and incompetence being on public display every single day since even before the election.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The behaviors I'm seeing here, and this is anecdotal, are very similar to the way that ISIS members are. They are true believers, this is their reality, and they will not surrender it. You know, they're dead-enders," he said.

...describing a cult-like behavior (which would have been the better comparison)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I didn’t know “MSNBC’s Nance” was a candidate running for president that you could vote against.

Do you have any examples of the declared candidates saying things like this about Trump supporters?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Certainly Trump's numerous KKK, alt-right, and militia followers could be compared to ISIS. They bombed the OKC Federal building. They are the perpetrators of many of our almost daily mass shootings...

They do not represent all Trump supporters.

After Parkland, I participated in one of many gun safety rallies in my state. That night, I read that in another town about 50 miles away, Alt-Righters were posted in the trees with sniper rifles!!!!!! The police force not only had boots on the ground but drone and helicopter support as they scoped out these domestic terrorists.

Malcolm Nance was an intellligence officer. He is an acknowledged expert on cybersecurity. He is a truth teller.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is what was said by former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance with some definitions added to a couple of the words in the quote found in the Fox article.

"The behaviors I'm seeing here, and this is anecdotal [Not necessarily true or reliable, but based on personal opinion], are very similar to the way that ISIS members are. They are true believers, this is their reality, and they will not surrender it. You know, they're dead-enders [People who continue to support a particular cause, political candidate, etc., even when there is seemingly no chance of success]." -- Former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance

I find myself to have the same opinion as Nance when it comes to those who continue to support President Trump despite his blatant dishonesty and incompetence being on public display every single day since even before the election.

I agree with you. The bolded part is a fair assessment because it does describe Trump's voting base.

"The behaviors I'm seeing here, and this is anecdotal, are very similar to the way that ISIS members are. They are true believers, this is their reality, and they will not surrender it. You know, they're dead-enders," he said.

...describing a cult-like behavior (which would have been the better comparison)

Yes, it does describe a cult-like behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

"The behaviors I'm seeing here, and this is anecdotal (Not necessarily true or reliable, but based on personal opinion), are very similar to the way that ISIS members are. They are true believers, this is their reality, and they will not surrender it. You know, they're dead-enders (People who continue to support a particular cause, political candidate, etc., even when there is seemingly no chance of success)." -- Former Naval intelligence operator Malcolm Nance

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, you included. However, what Malcolm Nance said doesn't even make sense.

For one thing, it's nuts to say that Trump's supporters follow "even when there is seemingly no chance of success." No chance? The polls progressively show the President heading towards re-election.

And then, an ISIS terrorist is not just a "true believer." An ISIS terrorist supports and/or engages in terrorism!

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a difference between the "deplorables" comment and the observation about Obama being the founder of ISIS, though. There is a reason why the latter one of these makes sense but the former one is just name-calling.
Please explain how calling the President of the United States the “founder of ISIS” makes any sense at all. Only to a deranged troll stoking an angry mob like the current occupant of the White House was in his election campaign would such a phrase make any sense.

And, unfortunately, it is vicious name-calling that has contributed so much to dividing Americans lately.
We’re just following the example set by our great leader.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sure that I'm not the only person who sees the irony in threads like this one when a conservative will point a judgmental finger at liberals while supporting Donald Trump. Some conservatives act as if Democrats are the only people in politics who will disparage their political opponents. We hear nothing but excuses to dismiss Trump's behavior whenever he viciously insults his political opponents.
I always love hearing a complaint come from the right about something someone said that they don’t like and then making the most minimal effort to see if Trump had already done or said the same thing in the past and to this day I have not been let down.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always love hearing a complaint come from the right about something someone said that they don’t like and then making the most minimal effort to see if Trump had already done or said the same thing in the past and to this day I have not been let down.

Yes, exactly. It's what I've come to expect from most of the conservatives I know in real life and have encountered online because they all support Trump. It's one reason why I have lost my respect for the current Republican Party. If these disgruntled conservatives genuinely cared about the moral character of our national leaders, then they wouldn't be loyally supporting and fervently defending Trump.

I remember a time when the moral character of the President was an important moral issue to these conservatives, but it doesn't seem to be that way anymore since Trump started his political pandering to conservative evangelicals during his campaign. Now it's "I voted for a President, not a pastor!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact Trump called her "an evil woman" and "deplorable" in saying that?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.