Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No you didn't. You critiqued his post and accused him of ulterior motives, instead of actually addressing what he said. You've been totally off topic and ad hominem the entire time. This thread is not about the people who are posting to it.
Yeah I critiqued a moderator for misrepresenting another members post, and it was actually more of a general observation that posts starting with “so you’re saying” almost never, if ever, accurately restate what the person is actually saying. It’s always a set up for a straw man. That’s my observation that you’ve now drawn out to several more posts than it needed to be if you had just ignored me or moved on or let Aldebaran answer for themselves. You are now actively derailing the thread that was already well off the rails when I replied to Aldebaran.

I’ve also already commented on the actual topic of the thread, way back when the thread was still about the actual topic of the thread.
Hi, democrat voter here.

Hillary Clinton, I hereby formally denounce your suggestion to to bring some of the more detached elements of our country back to reality. Also, don’t ever run for president again. Please and thank you for your time Madam Secretary.
Now, is there anything about my first post to the topic that you’d like to discuss further with me or can I put you on ignore now?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did she frame this “solution” as a question?
No.
if so, this is a rhetorical style known as hyperbole, which is not normally taken at face value, but (in this present case) seen as a “framing-device” to point out similarities between a political cult-of-personality and a religious cult.

But please, enjoy being outraged over something that was said by a washed-up has-been of a politician.
Uh huh, see quote below:

She's just a kooky civilian, so who cares? She can apply "has no credibility left by any measure" to herself.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’ve never seen a “so you’re saying” post accurately restate what the other person was saying. Ever. It’s always an uncharitable reinterpretation to introduce a straw man.
Not if the "so you're saying" ends with a question mark.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

DUE TO MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS

241634_a435e7c864cf3d1d54069d68f79ef38b_thumb.jpg

This thread is chocked full of OFF TOPIC posts. Some of our staff are becoming increasingly alarmed about the number of OFF TOPIC posts in the Discussion and Debate forums. A crack down on this behavior has begun. We are watching these forums more carefully. WARNINGS are to come. I would encourage you all not to get caught in the net that is closing on these forums.

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.