Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. A question such as "Do you believe it's not wrong for interracial couples to marry" would be a poor question. That isn't the case.

I like that the excuse is they didn't understand the word "interracial," yet I'm expected to listen to these "Real American's" opinion on something as complex as healthcare?

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
I like that the excuse is they didn't understand the word "interracial," yet I'm expected to listen to these "Real American's" opinion on something as complex as healthcare?

Another way to view it is that:

Either 60 percent of Republicans don't support interracial marriage

or 60 percent of Republicans don't understand what 'interracial' means.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another way to view it is that:

Either 60 percent of Republicans don't support interracial marriage

or 60 percent of Republicans don't understand what 'interracial' means.

Either way it makes MS Republicans look bad. Very bad.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I find it difficult to believe. I'm sure the numbers don't reflect genuinely the overall sentiments of MS GOP voters, but those numbers are staggaring.

It wouldn't be genuinely reflective of all GOP voters.

I understood it to be a poll of Republican primary voters which are both much older and much more conservative than both the average voter and the average GOP member.

It's surprising that that many people would admit to the position out loud, most people in this day and age know well enough to keep their racism under their hat.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
18% of dems think it should be illegal with 14% coming in at "not sure".

Poll on interracial marriage stuns some | The Clarion-Ledger | clarionledger.com

the polling group is also partisan, but I'm not sure how much that would matter. I'd have to see the polling data of each group. Wouldn't mean much if they polled white KKK registered republicans versus black democrats.

Actually it would still mean a lot. It would show that even among black democrats , 1 in 5 think it should be illegal, which is huge.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Actually it would still mean a lot. It would show that even among black democrats , 1 in 5 think it should be illegal, which is huge.

I would be willing to venture a guess, based on my own personal experiences, that more black people are against interracial marriages than white people. But being "against" something and making it illegal are two different things in my opinion.

But what I meant was that there couldn't be a comparison between the two if the data wasn't the same. Of course if they only polled white KKK republicans, the number of people who believe that interracial marriage should be illegal would be higher than normal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My convictions tell me it's wrong. God to the Israelites not to marry other races. So what's good for the Israelites is good for me.

So no pork, shrimp, mixed cloth ect?

Upvote 0