• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

[MOVED] Struggling with transgenderism

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a very close friend who is transgender.
I am very aware of the many challenges she faces and experiences on a day to day basis.
I don't have any easy answers to give her, but she knows I am her friend and I will always be there for her and will listen to her.
Her journey through life has by no means been an easy one and yet I have strong admiration for her courage. I have witnessed first hand much of the verbal abuse she has had to tolerate from cruel and cowardly people on a daily basis and have been humbled by her kindness and forbearance, often at tremendous cost to her own personal mental health and wellbeing. And yet she still continues to live her life selflessly, looking after her frail mother and taking care of her needs every day.
I am not qualified to tackle the subject of transgenderism from a theological or ethical standpoint. All I will say is that I am very honoured and privileged to be a friend of one of the kindest souls I know.
I also have a very close friend who is transgender and I feel the same way about her. She is an incredibly compassionate and courageous person, even in the face of horrible discrimination and danger. I admire her tremendously.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian