{MOVED} Some evangelicals fear the 'mark of the beast' from a coronavirus vaccine

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Idiots like David Icke peddle this nonsense.

The anti-vax movement is one of the greatest health issues we face and will continue to face until something changes.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Peggy Popham gets her flu shot every year, despite her daughter Laura’s opposition to vaccines.

“I’m 70 and I’ve gotten sick before,” said Popham. “I don’t have a great immune system.”

Some evangelicals fear the 'mark of the beast' from a coronavirus vaccine
For years they used a mercury based preservative in vaccines. Mercury is toxic to the brain and central nervous system. Some blamed autism in children on vaccines. It is possible to get vaccines without the mercury preservative.

Mercury is also found in silver mercury amalgam dental fillings. Since mercury is highly toxic, some European nations have banned the use of mercury silver fillings. Other European nations have restricted the usage of mercury based fillings. The non-toxic composite fillings were less durable.

• Agree
Reactions: Arbown
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For years they used a mercury based preservative in vaccines.

Well, they use one of the several mercury salts.

Mercury is toxic to the brain and central nervous system.

Not in the form delivered in vaccines it isn't. This is pure falsehood. Sodium metal will cause you 3rd degree burns if you hold it. sodium ion is 50% of table salt.

It is possible to get vaccines without the mercury preservative.

In fact it is only present in 2 of the dozen or so flu vaccine formulations, and nowhere else.

Mercury is also found in silver mercury amalgam dental fillings.

Not the same mercury as in thimerosal. Also, amalgams have different properties to their base components.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, they use one of the several mercury salts.

Not in the form delivered in vaccines it isn't. This is pure falsehood. Sodium metal will cause you 3rd degree burns if you hold it. sodium ion is 50% of table salt.

In fact it is only present in 2 of the dozen or so flu vaccine formulations, and nowhere else.

Not the same mercury as in thimerosal. Also, amalgams have different properties to their base components.
I am not against life saving vaccines. Thimerosol is methylmercury. Methylmercury is toxic and should be avoided when possible. Vaccine manufacturers have offered other formulations and delivery methods not requiring methylmercury preservative.

For years people argued elemental mercury in dental fillings is not as easily absorbed by the body as methylmercury. Further research revealed mercury vapor was released from amalgam fillings while chewing. This mercury was transported to the lungs where it was absorbed by the blood and then transported to the brain. Some nations in Europe moved to protect their people from this threat.

To desire better health and less exposure to toxic chemicals is not the same as the mark of the beast. Some people against vaccines may not know why they are against vaccines, or that safe vaccines exist. Ignorance is a problem everywhere.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Islamic clerics managed to snatch Polio from the verge of extinction with their anit-vax nonsense. Please evangelicals, don't make this your version of that.

Upvote 0

UVSATURATED2020

May 4, 2020
The Kingdom Of Heaven
✟8,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think, what people are concerned with is that they have heard the story about Bill Gates, wanting people to be tagged with a microchip, thereby certifying them as being vaccinated. I am sure rumors of this rumor have floated around and been received by the concerned people in question.

However, the Lord does state, that the Love of Money is the root of all evil. It also says in Revelations that the antichrist will make all men accept a mark on their hand or forehead and they may not be able to buy or sell lest they have this mark. It seems pretty obvious to me that the mark has to be conivingly instituted through a stealthy practice to get a majority of people to take this chip, which is already being used on dogs and cats in shelters for tracking.

Do not wonder if it is going to happen, but wonder how you will escape it when the beast insists you and your families must have it or you will die.

That is the jest of it.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is the jest of it.
Indeed.

Granted the joke would be a great deal more humorous were it not flowing from baseless paranoia with the punch line being the continued spread of a deadly virus when it could be stopped.

• Haha
Reactions: Emsmom1
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The kind of reasoning there that you are (intelligently) debunking reminds me of this article I looked up once researching something during my job at Nestle Heslth Science. The writer was ranting about how dangerous cyanocobalamin (a manufactured form of the B12 vitamin, mind you all who may not know) is to take for B12 deficiency ... because the cyanide group is present somewhere on the structure of the entire compound, I guess, hence the "cyano" part of the name. This dude seemed to seriously think that because a carbon triple-bonded to a nitrogen atom is in there somewhere, that taking cyanocobalamin was just a slower way of reenacting the Jonestown massacre.

Now granted I pretty much sucked at my job at Nestle, but I at least knew enough chemistry to spot the paranoid BS right then and there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well, at least they can get chip credit cards now.

They have a prophecy with a slot in it, and they are desperate to fill the slot to make prophecy come true. And when it turns out to be a dud, they will simply move on to the next, as surely as Gog is the Soviet Union.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If there was an element of a taking of a vaccine which said you must reject Jesus Christ as being your Lord and Savior and Jesus was and is God I can't see anything like this as being the Mark of the Beast. Now that doesn't mean one shouldn't study to feel and know that a certain vaccine is safe and perhaps being hesitate to take it but that's another issue.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
For years they used a mercury based preservative in vaccines. Mercury is toxic to the brain and central nervous system. Some blamed autism in children on vaccines. It is possible to get vaccines without the mercury preservative.

Mercury is also found in silver mercury amalgam dental fillings. Since mercury is highly toxic, some European nations have banned the use of mercury silver fillings. Other European nations have restricted the usage of mercury based fillings. The non-toxic composite fillings were less durable.

And people who believed the silver filling garbage often reported feeling so much better as soon as they got them removed, despite the fact that removal meant a peak in exposure.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If there was an element of a taking of a vaccine which said you must reject Jesus Christ as being your Lord and Savior and Jesus was and is God I can't see anything like this as being the Mark of the Beast. Now that doesn't mean one shouldn't study to feel and know that a certain vaccine is safe and perhaps being hesitate to take it but that's another issue.

The one thing I can see is the possibility that some businesses might want to decline to do business with unvaccinated individuals. BUT scripture is quite clear that the mark is on the head or hand, not in paperwork.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, at least they can get chip credit cards now.

They have a prophecy with a slot in it, and they are desperate to fill the slot to make prophecy come true. And when it turns out to be a dud, they will simply move on to the next, as surely as Gog is the Soviet Union.
Perhaps. But you might want to be careful in rejecting EVERYTHING. Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf? Oh yes he was wrong lots of time but eventually he was right in what he was saying. So is one to be gullible? No....but good to keep one's mind weighing and assessing things. Not doing so makes one just as presumptuous as the one they criticize.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Then you are acting a lot wiser than the woman named Laura Popham in the OP article.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And people who believed the silver filling garbage often reported feeling so much better as soon as they got them removed, despite the fact that removal meant a peak in exposure.
What evidence did Sweden, Denmark and Norway see that made them ban mercury amalgam fillings? The European Union has banned mercury silver fillings in pregnant women and children under 15.

Some people who reduced meat consumption felt better. There is no way the are going to ban meat consumption.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am not against life saving vaccines.

Evidence suggests otherwise.

Thimerosol is methylmercury.

No, it isn't. thimerosal is ethylmercury. A completely different material. Much like methanol is different from ethanol.

For years people argued elemental mercury in dental fillings

From the point of view of vaccines, what goes into dental fillings is utterly irrelevant. As such, I just don't care.

Upvote 0