[moved] Quest to understand and comprehend the trinity...?

kishankt

Dec 16, 2011
Indiana
✟2,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is very simple.. it is the way love keeps cycling ....Father to son to Spirit ..

Quest to understand and comprehend the trinity...?

Let's start out with Jesus is greater than any angel, yet less than the Father...

And proceed from there in finding out who Jesus is...

It is my belief that Jesus is God, the Son... And, I'll post more on this later on, I just wanted to get this conversation started for now...

Also, that Jesus, was there with the Father and Holy Spirit, before anything was created...

Also that, and how, Jesus can be YHWH...

I'll be back with some scripture from the gospel of John, in a few days...

Comments...?

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Let's start out with Jesus is greater than any angel, yet less than the Father...

That, in itself, is a poor starting point, because ALL of the Persons of the Trinity are equal with each other. The positions that some people put Jesus in on a hierarchy may look like Jesus is less, but that is because those people are thinking in only three dimensions, and in time, where God operates in multiple dimensions and outside of time.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, inaccurate. The denial is with those who do not adhere to the scriptures concerning the Godhead.
Oh you are in contradiction and denial. But Iunderstand, having debated this subject much with equal Trinitarians you always know what's coming in the end

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That, in itself, is a poor starting point, because ALL of the Persons of the Trinity are equal with each other. The positions that some people put Jesus in on a hierarchy may look like Jesus is less, but that is because those people are thinking in only three dimensions, and in time, where God operates in multiple dimensions and outside of time.
multiple dimensions?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
multiple dimensions?
Jesus said:

I praise you Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for you have hidden these Things from the wise and learned and revealed them to little children. Yes Father, for this was your good pleasure
Luke10:21

Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh you are in contradiction and denial. But understand, having debated this subject much with equal Trinitarians you always know what's coming in the end
I've tolerated your continued posting to me even though I indicated that there was not any reason to continue.
Since you've taken this level of communication with me, then I must insist that you cease now. I will not be answering any more of your possible continued posts.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said:

I praise you Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for you have hidden these Things from the wise and learned and revealed them to little children. Yes Father, for this was your good pleasure
Luke10:21
oh thought he was referring to different universes or something. I see where he's coming from now.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We also have to realize that accepting the doctrine of the Trinity doesn't reflect a complete understanding of the Godhead. We do have to think in three dimensions because that's where we live. What's more, questioning or doubting the Trinity isn't the same thing as a heretic denying the Trinity outright.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To fully understand Trinity you would have to accept every verse in the bible concerning the subject, NOT be selective as to what you accept. Then put them all together and come to a conclusion. As I said, in my experience no one could do that.

Wrong! To understand the Trinity requires you to BE God, which I am not, and neither are you. Thus, this person's version is just as flawed as any other.

As for me, I DON'T understand how the Trinity works. It is a mystery, and I am quite happy to live with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wrong! To understand the Trinity requires you to BE God, which I am not, and neither are you. Thus, this person's version is just as flawed as any other.

As for me, I DON'T understand how the Trinity works. It is a mystery, and I am quite happy to live with that.
well the bible says that they that know the lord shall be strong. You Can still know God to a degree just not completely, none will completely know him until they get to heaven and see him. You can still understand who he is to a degree just not 100%.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Happily for us, there is no biblical requirement to understand how trinity works, or to have an understanding of ontological/ economic trinity, or houmoussis, or....much else scholars and theologians saddled the church with

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I actually take comfort in the fact some religious people call me a heretic. Religious people told Jesus he was demon possessed. And Jesus did tell his disciples they would share their masters fate

Don't give yourself airs. You are nowhere near the same spiritual level with Jesus! When you learn that, then you will, maybe, be teachable.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't give yourself airs. You are nowhere near the same spiritual level with Jesus! When you learn that, then you will, maybe, be teachable.
Naughty, naughty, I never said I was anywhere near the same spiritual level as Jesus, simply that the children share their masters fate

• Agree
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
well the bible says that they that know the lord shall be strong. You Can still know God to a degree just not completely, none will completely know him until they get to heaven and see him. You can still understand who he is to a degree just not 100%.

I know enough of His love and character to love Him, and worship Him, and be with Him for all my life. As far as being strong, I am weak. He is strong. I let Him take the lead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know enough of His love and character to love Him, and worship Him, and be with Him for all my life. As far as being strong, I am weak. He is strong. I let Him take the lead.

yep that's it

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Naughty, naughty, I never said I was anywhere near the same spiritual level as Jesus, simply that the children share their masters fate

Then so will I, so don't harangue at me.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then so will I, so don't harangue at me.
You know what I think . Many who come in the internet should have a bonfire, burn all their theological books and concordances and just stick with the bible.
Probably do them the world of good

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
multiple dimensions?

Yes! Don't you think that God, who in His infinite goodness created multiple dimensions (scientists are still arguing on 11 or 12) for our sake, so that when we flip a switch, the lights go on, and atomic energy does work for us, etc.

And as I don't have to understand the Trinity, I have enough understanding to cooperate with Him.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You kown what I think . Many who come in the internet should have a bonfire, burn all their theological books and concordances and just stick with the bible.
Probably do them the world of good

I hope you are not lumping me in with that group of people. I wash dishes, and I edit books, PERIOD!

Upvote 0