(MOVED) Is Revelation "The Christian Bible book", a Warning?

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is the Christian Bible Book "Revelation" a "Warning" or is it actually just Christian Prophecy and not as a warning?

If we, all of us, actually understand the book "Revelation", can we consider it a warning and study things? Can we change enough of it as a warning, to create a reality enough, that actually tempers things a bit?

love,

rev. tuck

Mark51

Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2014
✟89,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While some of the things seen by John in the vision may seem terrifying-the beasts, the woes, the plagues-the book was written, not to terrify, but to comfort and encourage those who read it with faith. It can lead the reader to blessings. In fact, the writer of the book states at the outset: “Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it.” (Revelation 1:3) John also says that the book is for the purpose of showing God’s slaves the things that “must shortly take place.”-1:1, 2.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,814.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whether you believe in the book of revelations or not I think that we are headed for some sort of crisis point. Maybe this is what John was seeing and he only described it the way he did because he couldn't understand what he was seeing. But Jesus does say that if it wasn't for Him cutting short the days in that time it would have wiped out the entire earth and everyone on it. So something big is going to happen. Whether thats war or environmental disaster or maybe both I dont know. But it seems we are heading for both in many ways.

I worry about the growing terrorist threat and Islam becoming stronger. It would only be a matter of time beofre they got they hands on a weapon of mass destruction and then all hell would break loose. At the same time we are seeing the planet start to crack under the weight of climate change and constant using up of its resources. The laws of entropy tells us that things will only continue to deteriorate. As the population grows we face feeding billions. If the crops fail through climate change or disease we are in big trouble. Disease in itself is a worry as well and the there's all the mental illness happening.

Somethings got to give sooner or later. The planet only has so much and can only take so much. The bible says you can tell that the end is coming just like you can tell that autumn is coming when the leaves fall from the trees. I think many people sense that something is happening. Surveys usually show people are worried and anxious about the future. There is not as much security and confidence as there use to be. I noticed that there was a new 15 year plan by the United Nations to reduce global issues such as climate change and poverty from the recent Sustainable Development summit. I wonder if they will stick to it. It seems there are a lot of promises but not much action.

United Nations for adopting 17 new Sustainable Development Goals, which will focus on issues like poverty and global warming, for next 15 years; warns that rapid global economic growth which enabled success of agency's Millennium Development Goals between 2000 and 2015 has slowed, posing challenge to achieving new targets; calls on developed economies and multilateral agencies to provide investment and leadership to developing countries.
https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgsproposal

Reactions: Brian45
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is the Christian Bible Book "Revelation" a "Warning" or is it actually just Christian Prophecy and not as a warning?

If we, all of us, actually understand the book "Revelation", can we consider it a warning and study things? Can we change enough of it as a warning, to create a reality enough, that actually tempers things a bit?

love,

rev. tuck

"There will be a scale 8 earthquake happen at LA". This is a prediction, a warning. It could be a short term warning (1 to 5 years), it could also be a long term (100 years or longer) prediction. How to listen and to react to this prediction/warning is up to individuals. For example, how do you arrange things if you have to work at LA for 10-20 years?

Messages in the Book of Revelation is about the same nature.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Book of Revelation is filled with so much symbolism and so much figurative language, it virtually seems to defy any exact interpretation, doesn't it ?! I've read where several Bible scholar (theologians) have attempted to calculate the approximate number of people who will perish during the Tribulation Period according to the prophecies of the Revelation. Some say it's 80% of the world's population. Others say it's more like 50%. Some have assured us it's only about 20%.
That's a big difference of opinion between men who are considered to be scholarly "experts" on all things biblical.

Possibly you are right "tucker 58" and wiser than all of them. Maybe the Holy Spirit itself has led you to ask this question. "Are the things revealed in the Revelation unchangeable prophecies written in stone, or are they warnings of what can and what might happen if man does not repent" ?! "Will God turn aside from His anger and spare most of humanity, or will He destroy most of humanity" ?! Either seems to me a likely possibility, depending perhaps more on what we do, rather than what God does. Is this an unscriptural position ? Depends on how much stock you put in the Gospel of Christ.

" VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, WHATSOEVER YE SHALL BIND ON EARTH SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN: AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL LOOSE IN ON EARTH SHALL BE LOOSED IN HEAVEN" (MATTHEW 18:18).

I BELIEVE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,407,076.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

love,

rev. tuck

Hi Tucker 58. IMHO the Revelation is warning of the the preparation of the Earth for the return of the King. It is warning of the great purge that will take place at His coming.It is nothing for the child of the Most High God to fear, but to eagerly anticipate. The words of the song Joy To The World explains it best.We sing it at Christmas time, but ,it was not written as homage to the Lord's first advent, but the second. I do not think there is anything in the book that could or should be tempered , but it is given for our learning. Our King has spoken, His Word is true and unchangeable. Our response to the book should be "Even so, come Lord Jesus.". To try to temper it says we do not want His will but our own. My 2 pennies worth.

Reactions: tucker58
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Earl Doherty wrote --- "Despite the apologetic efforts of those seeking to rehabilitate this document for the modern mind, it is difficult to see Revelation as anything more than a paroxysm of hate created by a mind bordering on the psychotic. The early church long resisted placing it in the developing canon of inspired writings. John the prophet has cast his spiritual Christ in his own joyless and vengeful image. The voice of this Messiah is his own, ready to punish for every slight, every rejection the prophet has suffered in his missionary work."

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its sobering to read Revelation. I believe it, try to live in expectation of its fulfillment (either on earth or in heaven) and take comfort in it (because of its promises).
I do not want to wait until Rev. 5:13 when every creature on earth and in heaven will give honor and praise to the Lamb, I'd rather do it now, as I have been for years.

There are many unknowns: such as 1) Is the earthquake in 6:12 the same one as in Ezekiel 38, 39 in the attack on Israel?
2) Is the great multitude in 7:9 the raptured ones, assuming the 144,000 Israeli evengelists would have been raptured if the rapture were sooner. 3) Does the tribulation period start with the red horse in 6:3.............

I could go on and on, but space doesn't allow. But I don't think believers will be on earth during the horrors of chapter 8 and 9. But unbelievers should read Revelations and take heed. Its going to come to pass whether you believe it or not.
Then beginning with chapter 11, the "times of the Gentiles" will end. So when God's Spirit is no longer on earth to act as a "hindrance" against evil acts (and there's enough of those already), then the evil heart of mankind will take over to be so bad that "the love of many will grow cold" and it will be a terrible existence on earth. Every day will be worse than the one before. I'm glad I will not be here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Revelations is not a book for Christians but rather a book to Christians. By that I mean that as God has appointed the Church in these the last days (of present circumstances) the unction of delivering God's word to the peoples of the world, it is upon them (the Church) to discern God's voice and warn others of His plan to end the world as we know it and gather ALL His people unto Himself for eternity. Now there are many who will not listen despite the many warnings that have been given to them particularly as the "day" draws closer. To them it will eventuate that there is no place for them except to be with God's eternal enemy.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,407,076.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The church is not leaving. She must keep the faith till her salvation comes. Those in
Revelation 14 are still keeping the faith till the earth is reaped/resurrection of the just/rapture.

Revelation 7:9 is the rest of the martyrs that had yet to come in slain. They come out of
great tribulation, so this means the great tribulation took place before this verse was written by
John. John had been made aware that the 5th seal cried out martyrs would rest till all come in slain.
This shows that there is a specific number of people that must be killed during the great tribulation - that
are slain as saints for Jesus Christ. I think this is why John wanted to be able to count those in the great
multitude seen in Rev. 7:9.

The five wise of the church will be removed.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that it is intellectually, emotionally or even spiritually healthy to live our lives in constant expectation of the end times. We should live our lives optimistically with a view to making this world a better place not just today or tomorrow but into the far distant future.

Reactions: John S
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

love,

rev. tuck
Revelation is not a warning, like Jonah went to Nineveh, in that the events can not be changed because in great part, Revelation is about the prosecution and judgment of Satan and his kingdom, bringing it to an end. And bringing the Jews to Jesus. And Jesus's Glorius return to this earth, and the Kingdom of God, to rule and reign.

Everything in Revelation is going to take place right on schedule... because it is God's plan. No-one can change any of Revelation.
The warning in Revelation is not to change any of the words in Revelation - so "no tempering of things a bit".

Revelation is also about the time of redemption of our bodies into everlasting incorruptible bodies. To me, I don't consider that a warning, but a hope.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,407,076.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The parable of the ten virgins is not about the rapture. It is when the new heaven and new earth are soon
to come. The wise virgins could not give away any of their oil, as they did not know the day nor the hour.
Go back to Matthew and see what time period it is referring to. Then keep reading all the way thru chapter
25 as to how the sheep will gain eternal life. The goats are lashed/cut asunder/ and taken to be burned. This
is when the holy angels will be carrying away the tares type of people.

Mark 13:31
"Heaven and earth shall pass away..."
v32
"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man..."
v33
"Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is."

Matthew 24:51
"And shall cut him asunder..."
25:1
"Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins..."
See, how this is for the time of when the wicked get cut asunder/lashed and taken to be burned?
v13
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour..."
It is all linked to the time of the sheep and goats being judged. The goats are as in 25:46 "...these shall go
into everlasting punishment..."

These people are not going to be judged for their faith in Jesus Christ, but for their actions.
25:36
"Naked and you clothed me:...I was in prison, and ye came unto me."
I have read it many times. We disagree.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Earl Doherty wrote --- "Despite the apologetic efforts of those seeking to rehabilitate this document for the modern mind, it is difficult to see Revelation as anything more than a paroxysm of hate created by a mind bordering on the psychotic. The early church long resisted placing it in the developing canon of inspired writings. John the prophet has cast his spiritual Christ in his own joyless and vengeful image. The voice of this Messiah is his own, ready to punish for every slight, every rejection the prophet has suffered in his missionary work."
I absolutely laughed my butt off when I read this....thanks!

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do not believe that it is intellectually, emotionally or even spiritually healthy to live our lives in constant expectation of the end times. We should live our lives optimistically with a view to making this world a better place not just today or tomorrow but into the far distant future.
None of the apostles lived like that.

They lived with the hope and promise of the Kingdom come soon, and the soon appearing of our Lord and Savior. God's plan is a permanent fix to making this world a better place. We should live our lives seek "ye first the Kingdom of God".

We are already in the end times. Israel back as a nation, and Jerusalem in the hands of the Jews. The end times are not a far distant future.

We still go about our lives, but mindful of the times which we live.

Upvote 0