• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mourning Parts of Myself

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I write this here 1) because I need prayer. And two. Im killing any false identity Im holding onto because my identity is in Christ. I was sexually abused by my father as a child and I used stories to help cope with abuse. Well for awhile they became too real to me. I wrote this to explain a bit more and say goodbye to them I guess. I wrote it about a month ago but seem to be mourning them this week. :(

Magic is the darkness of fiction so I would not have to face the darkness of reality. Magic would always be the torturer. She would hurt anything and everyone if she could but I never gave her that power. She used fear to control and was very good at it. She would rather torture then kill. It is what she was made for. Like she would burn someone alive but would not kill him. She would starve a person so where they would have no strength. She would put Chastity underwater just long enough for her to turn blue and do it over and over again. She would burn many names on my character's bodies and have their ankles in a trap down in a dark hole for many days. She would threaten your loved ones and follow through. She always remained in control. She would bury people alive in coffins, embarrass and humiliate. This was Magic.

Lori was fifteen. She came about when my mom and dad divorced. She gave me memories of the real abuse back. Because of her, slowly this world I had in my mind started to disappear.

Chastity was just a child. 6 years old. Very innocent. victim. Scared. Magic hurt her and she hid.

These three made up a part of me. They were characters that helped me to cope with things from my past. They were as real as you in me.

But they are dead now...This is their funeral and write this here that you will all join me in moving on from them.

We stand here today to honor two friends at three graves. Magic, Lori, and Chastity. I stand at their graves to honor them with the haroes to wish them goodbye.

I know Magic was evil. She finally killed both Lori and Chastity after many years of torture. But this was her job to help me forget. She was my hate for my dad for the longest time. She was the hate towards God and others. She killed herself because she served her purpose in killing these fake identities. My identity is in Christ now.

Little Chastity...you had so much happen to you. Im sorry so much had to happen to you. Magic did shatter that little girl. She did not grow up. She lived in fear and didnt understand all that went on. But I am not that little girl. Chastity suffered so I wouldnt be destroyed as a little girl. Ill feel like a child again at times in my life, but when I do I can be comforted thinking about Chastity and that I am not that scared little girl. I am a beautiful young woman full of love for God and that perfect love casts out all fear.

Lori was fifteen. Stuff happened to change her life then. Memories started coming back and Lori was confused. Magic played on this a lot but she remained the voice in the stories of this confusion and fear. She let Magic hurt her so Chastity wouldnt be hurt anymore. Her torture was unfair and so was her death. Her life was shattered with reality. She is not me though. Reality made me stronger. Reality drew me closer to the One who saved my soul at fifteen. In a way these identities paid an ultimate sacrifice for me for dying for me. They died but I live. They were what could have happened if they were not my friends and faced Magic when I was unable to.

Magic didnt feel remorse for either one of them. She killed them as coldly as she had tortured them. But she did end up losing in the end. When it was all said and done she was alone. The fear and confusion she fed off of was gone and she could no longer hurt anyone else. She couldnt hurt me. I am not a little girl or a confused teenager. I am a grown adult. I dont fear my past and I am no longer confused. Nor is Magic me. I am no longer angry and hate my dad for the sexual abuse. And I dont hate Magic. Instead I mourn for her because she did not know love. She didnt know the light. I tried to find the light in her but she wasnt made for that. She was made to be the dark so that I could find the light.

Magic killed two innocent characters. Now she will be judged accordingly as my abuser one day will, and I can leave that in the hands of God. I just know it is better for a millstone to be tied around her neck and cast into the sea. She was never my friend. She didnt have a friend in the world. Because of this she hated the world.

Chastity and Lori...thank you for what you did for me. May you finally rest in peace. Magic...all I can offer is my forgiveness. I forgive you and you served a purpose for light even as the dark, because you helped a little girl to not become the monster you were.

I stand with the haroes who will live forever in my imagination as a happy memory.

I throw a white rose into each of their graves and throw dirt on their coffins. Goodbye Magic...goodbye Lori...goodbye Chastity.

Fake identities. I dont need them anymore. Christ is my identity.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't even know if I should respond but I'm so glad your getting better. Sometimes when terrible things happen the personality fragments, certain parts of the personality isolate themselves, personalities emerge. It sounds like the struggle is to become whole again, I can't imagine how confusing that must be. It sounds like you need time to heal, you turn to Christ to be whole, there can be no better place to find peace. We're all damaged, some more then others, but there is something that has always given me hope. Christ sometimes makes the worst of us the strongest ministers, there is healing in helping others.

Thank you for sharing something so personal, I wish you well in your journey. God can fix the damaged in ways we never asked or imagined.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I write this here 1) because I need prayer. And two. Im killing any false identity Im holding onto because my identity is in Christ. I was sexually abused by my father as a child and I used stories to help cope with abuse. Well for awhile they became too real to me. I wrote this to explain a bit more and say goodbye to them I guess. I wrote it about a month ago but seem to be mourning them this week. :(

Magic is the darkness of fiction so I would not have to face the darkness of reality. Magic would always be the torturer. She would hurt anything and everyone if she could but I never gave her that power. She used fear to control and was very good at it. She would rather torture then kill. It is what she was made for. Like she would burn someone alive but would not kill him. She would starve a person so where they would have no strength. She would put Chastity underwater just long enough for her to turn blue and do it over and over again. She would burn many names on my character's bodies and have their ankles in a trap down in a dark hole for many days. She would threaten your loved ones and follow through. She always remained in control. She would bury people alive in coffins, embarrass and humiliate. This was Magic.

Lori was fifteen. She came about when my mom and dad divorced. She gave me memories of the real abuse back. Because of her, slowly this world I had in my mind started to disappear.

Chastity was just a child. 6 years old. Very innocent. victim. Scared. Magic hurt her and she hid.

These three made up a part of me. They were characters that helped me to cope with things from my past. They were as real as you in me.

But they are dead now...This is their funeral and write this here that you will all join me in moving on from them.

We stand here today to honor two friends at three graves. Magic, Lori, and Chastity. I stand at their graves to honor them with the haroes to wish them goodbye.

I know Magic was evil. She finally killed both Lori and Chastity after many years of torture. But this was her job to help me forget. She was my hate for my dad for the longest time. She was the hate towards God and others. She killed herself because she served her purpose in killing these fake identities. My identity is in Christ now.

Little Chastity...you had so much happen to you. Im sorry so much had to happen to you. Magic did shatter that little girl. She did not grow up. She lived in fear and didnt understand all that went on. But I am not that little girl. Chastity suffered so I wouldnt be destroyed as a little girl. Ill feel like a child again at times in my life, but when I do I can be comforted thinking about Chastity and that I am not that scared little girl. I am a beautiful young woman full of love for God and that perfect love casts out all fear.

Lori was fifteen. Stuff happened to change her life then. Memories started coming back and Lori was confused. Magic played on this a lot but she remained the voice in the stories of this confusion and fear. She let Magic hurt her so Chastity wouldnt be hurt anymore. Her torture was unfair and so was her death. Her life was shattered with reality. She is not me though. Reality made me stronger. Reality drew me closer to the One who saved my soul at fifteen. In a way these identities paid an ultimate sacrifice for me for dying for me. They died but I live. They were what could have happened if they were not my friends and faced Magic when I was unable to.

Magic didnt feel remorse for either one of them. She killed them as coldly as she had tortured them. But she did end up losing in the end. When it was all said and done she was alone. The fear and confusion she fed off of was gone and she could no longer hurt anyone else. She couldnt hurt me. I am not a little girl or a confused teenager. I am a grown adult. I dont fear my past and I am no longer confused. Nor is Magic me. I am no longer angry and hate my dad for the sexual abuse. And I dont hate Magic. Instead I mourn for her because she did not know love. She didnt know the light. I tried to find the light in her but she wasnt made for that. She was made to be the dark so that I could find the light.

Magic killed two innocent characters. Now she will be judged accordingly as my abuser one day will, and I can leave that in the hands of God. I just know it is better for a millstone to be tied around her neck and cast into the sea. She was never my friend. She didnt have a friend in the world. Because of this she hated the world.

Chastity and Lori...thank you for what you did for me. May you finally rest in peace. Magic...all I can offer is my forgiveness. I forgive you and you served a purpose for light even as the dark, because you helped a little girl to not become the monster you were.

I stand with the haroes who will live forever in my imagination as a happy memory.

I throw a white rose into each of their graves and throw dirt on their coffins. Goodbye Magic...goodbye Lori...goodbye Chastity.

Fake identities. I dont need them anymore. Christ is my identity.
Its what you had to do when the trusted are the ones to fear the most. I like to write and do art. Do you get angry?

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well average I guess. I feel a lot better now. I have a ccounselig appointment december 2nd. Just was crazy peaked high anxiety last week then depression. Feeling much better...the characters only came out as personalities in counseling. Really I could just see them in and outside my mind. Near the end they would try talking with me. And with a friend but that is when I let magic finish what I think her purpose was to do...chastity and lori...they were parts of me I lost and needed to mourn. And in a way Magic was the part of me I had to put to death because she was that anger all of those years. It's easier to see with clear eyes now that they are gone.

Chastity and Lori live through me really. I am the part that got to grow up and survived.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Im not that little girl or teenager that can be hurt anymore. They are dead now. I am a 30 year old woman with a beautiful husband of almost two years and finally a stable home and good friends and family. My downs are far and in between. It was scarey the other week really...I found more stuff to work on. I took words to heart and shut down over them and saw the storm of the world and fear of the past and future. It took a long time to calm down and remember who is in control but a lot of stuff is going on in the world and I dont feel strong enough to combat it all...but in Christ I can. I just have to remember who I am no matter what anyone else says or does.

• Agree
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0