Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I met at college, and both being in the dorms had to find some pretty innovative places to get away. Some of these turned out to be wonderfully romantic, like Tallulah Gorge or the Summit, but I think the most romantic time we ever had was at a nearby park.

Being in college, we were both low on cash, so we decided to have a picnic. We packed a couple of blankets to sit on, some sandwiches and some sodas, and headed off on our own. The park was pretty deserted, and we headed off to hike a mile or two in the woods surrounding. There we laid out the blankets, said our blessings, kicked off our shoes, and started to eat. After we ate we sat around talking, when it started to rain. Nothing really heavy, just a little more than a mist at first. There was no way to get back to the park benches in time enough to keep from getting soaked. I ended up pulling one of the two blankets over our heads and soon enough I was kissing this girl. We ended up like that for about an hour and a half...the rain hitting the outside of this blanket over our heads, and our breath steaming up everything inside. ^_^

What's one of your most romantic moments with your spouse?

SgirlK

Aug 28, 2009
✟7,619.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm... now that I am thinking about our most romantic experiences it is making me laugh at how often they were not intended to be romantic at all. For example, I remember this one time after a nearly 70 hour trip on the bus we arrived at our destination in the middle of the night in a city we had never been to. We had to wait for public transit to start up again, and then we had breakfast in this place where most people didn't speak English, and we had been up all night, and it was just beautifully romantic. We were in such a great mood and it was our first vacation together and it felt like nothing could go wrong!

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow Kol that is a really great story. Sexy!

If this isn't limited to current spouse stories. . . .

When I was in the 4th grade I had a crush on this girl and I took care of her uncle's stables across the woods. Every day after school I would ride my bike home, run through the woods (no small distance), and be waiting at her bus stop when the school bus would drop her off. I'd then walk her home and carry her books, making the small talk like only an awkward 4th grader can.

Upvote 0

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟9,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am glad to share some of the most romantic experiences with all. Kol and I usually enjoy going late at night to sit at the gorge here... We sit at the top and look down at the boats on the lake. It's so beautiful just to see lights on the water at night.... So romantic because it's just to two of us and it's nighttime....

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That sounds really nice. Boats on the water at night...and here that would be nice, there are very few mosquitos.

This year on Valentine's Day I took my wife to the nicest french restaurant in town, I surprised her with the reservation. We had handwritten menus, a really gourmet meal, and a violinist played Mozart at our table.

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That sounds really nice. Boats on the water at night...and here that would be nice, there are very few mosquitos.

This year on Valentine's Day I took my wife to the nicest french restaurant in town, I surprised her with the reservation. We had handwritten menus, a really gourmet meal, and a violinist played Mozart at our table.

Wow, imagine how cool it would be if an actual ACTOR played Mozart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well last Friday night/Saturday was pretty romantic but I'm not going to tell you what went on lol

I know it might but something of a cliche but when my dh proposed it was romantic. He took me up to London and we had the day up there. Near the end he took me on the London Eye and 3/4 of the way round he proposed, with a ring he choose.
The thing that for me made it romantic was that instead of having dinner in London as planned, he went with my desire to get the train back home to go tell my mom who was in hospital after having a major op-we got there after visiting hours but they still let me in :)

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would have to say it's a toss up between the day he purposed, the day we married, and our first anniversary.

Proposal: we went hiking at a waterfall place nearby. There are over ten waterfalls at this place. One of them you could walk behind, and as we were walking behind it, he got down on one knee and proposed. A few photographers were there, so I'm sure they got some candid shots. :)

Wedding: What can I say? It was day we became man and wife. Romance out the whazzo.

First Anniversary: Summer. Picnic by the river. All alone. Went swimming, had "fun"(;)), half-skinny dipped. Fantastic time.

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Although there are quite a few, two come to mind...a little one and a big one:

The little one: this was before we were married, in 1983. My WH got his starter checks for his new checking account. He took one of the checks, wrote my name in the "Pay to the order of" line, $1,000,000,000,000 in the amount...and on the Memo line, wrote "for niceness". I STILL have the check in my wallet.

The big one: October 16, 1982. The day was cold, but sunny, with peak foliage. He drove me up north a little, and took his LeCar off road to a lovely little spot by a tree-lined small river. We folded down the back seat and raised the hatch, and - bundled together in blankets - had a picnic of fried chicken that he had picked up. After we ate, while the song "Hold Me" by Fleetwood Mac was playing (FM is my all-time favorite group), he proposed. When I accepted, he walked over to the river and pulled out a bottle of champagne that he had left chilling in the river the night before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1blesdwife

we are but a simple couple. i dont require or request jewelry, chocolates, flowers, gifts etc., so my honey has it extremely easy to say the least. Anyway, we love simple things and take joy in each other's company. So he knows i love his eyes and that he is incredibly attractive without his glasses. So to make me swoon, he looks at me seriously without saying a word, then slowly removes his glasses and reveals his gorgeous blue-ish gray eyes :swoon:

Reactions: c1ners
Upvote 0

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟9,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So tonight I asked my husband why he wasn't romantic to me when he proposed to me. . . LOL! his answer "because we had already had some pretty romantic moments and I didn't want to top any of those" LOL! I couldn't stop laughing about it. It's been 3 almost 4 years that we have been married. . . and that's the answer he gave me. . . I can't stop laughing. . . I love my DH. . . He is who he is. :)

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I love reading these stories too! I'd have to say the most romantic moment that first comes to mind is the most recent - yesterday! We haven't been on a 'just us without the baby' date night in sooooo long! So he took me to a quaint local place that serves mexican and sushi. It was expensive but it was some of the best food we ever tasted. We both got dressed up (more me of course!) and I tried my 1st margarita (all my firsts have been with him from wine to beer, lol). Then later on when we got home.... lets just say we made for a long evening of sharing love and the possibility to conceive from this weekend is very high, so we're excited and hopeful. But either way, it was a beautiful and memorable evening!

The other big thing I remember is the week right before giving birth. I had no idea I'd be almost 2 weeks early, but I really had an urge to just have a lot of fun and do things we don't usually do, so we went to a Mexican festival (I think we were almost the only non-mexicans, lol), tried a unique downtown restaurant, played wii late into the night at a friends house on 2 nights, and in the wee hours of the next morning...I found that I had wii danced my way into labor. What a fantastic last week of pregnancy to remember!!

Of course, there's the awkward honeymoon and wedding day. We knew each other for the most part long distance and we were keeping ourselves for marriage. Not even kisses on the lips, so marriage was truly like dating for us. After the ceremony, things were so awkward but beautiful. We ordered in pizza around 7-8 oclock, yes on our wedding night. We drank champagne and ate our messy cordial strawberries, and we just talked until he couldnt wait any longer, haha!

Our honeymoon was of course memorable, near the Cancun area. Beautiful resort and I was sick for various reasons most of the trip, so lets just say we had lots of time to be outside of our hotel room. So we went horseback riding, snorkeling, hubby tried the spinnaker (sp?), we went to the Mayan ruins, etc.

And who can forget the proposal? He took me to mt washington overlook in the Pittsburgh area. We went downstairs to a fairly secluded area and there he gave me a gift first. It was a prophetic poem that he had written for me. Then when we were about to go upstairs, he stopped right at a window, put his arms around my waist and said "did you know pittsburgh is the 2nd most beautiful view?" and of course I said 'Whats the first?" and he said 'Looking at you" and he turned around and opened the box with my ring in it.

****melts****

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tomato soup.

18 years ago, my husband and I had just begun dating, and I often invited him over for a home-cooked meal. This particular evening, I regretted having to admit that I couldn't make dinner because I only had a couple of cans of tomato soup. He blurted out, "I sure do love me some tomato soup."

So he came over for soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and coffee.

We still enjoy tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, and we think it's very romantic.

Upvote 0