Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So a couple of months ago i had to go to the police station to file a report about id theft. The officer assigned to the case called a couple of times that week and i did not hear back from him after that. He called me at work tonight out of the blue and told me to give him a call when i got off. So i did. And he caught me completely off guard because instead of talking about the case, the entire point in him calling me was to tell me he was going through a divorce a couple of months ago and it is final now and he wants to know if i will go out with him and if he can call me once in awhile. It freaked me out because in addition to knowing everything about me that was on the report (age, cell number, etc), he also knows (apparently from a coworker of his who knows a coworker of mine...) that i have a dog i'm obsessed with, and other random stuff like that. This really freaked me out. I mean, he's a cop...he isn't supposed to do that is he??

rodgeam

Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wow... that IS creepy!! I wouldnt think they were supposed to do that. Wouldnt that be a breach of privacy or something? You didnt say yes did you?
No, I said I have absolutely no free time due to school and work and all. I didn't know what to tell him really; it just took me by surprise. Kind of scary, esp considering the circumstances...the fact that he was supposed to be handling a case in which all my confidential info was given out and now he's taken advantage of it and is using the info himself. Scary...

Upvote 0

TheTexasHillbilly

Dec 7, 2007
The Great State Of Texas
✟8,020.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Being the son of a retired cop, I can tell you this guy had made a serious breach of conduct. I would go to yalls main police station and ask to speak to an IA (Internal Affairs) officer. Tell him the situation and by law, the IA officer is required to look into it. If nothing else the officer will get a letter of reprimand filed into his personal jacket and that will follow him to wherever he goes. Even if he tries to transfer to another station. Seriously, go to the station and talk to an IA officer.

Upvote 0