Most Biblical Denomination?

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
And then liberals undo all the benefit of that study by claiming "when God said that [insert any commandment that contradicts their opinions] He really didn't mean it, OR the Bible is imperfect [especially in the sections that contradict their opinions] or it was only applicable to the culture of the day [or it still applies to us today if it is a NICE commandment that makes us feel good]....." ;)

Have you executed someone for working on Saturday yet? If not, then you really don't have room to talk. ;)

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
At least among Protestants, everyone believes they are following Scriputre, so everyone thinks their denomination is the most Biblical. However since Scripture doesn't answer every question, many differences aren't so much differences in how Biblical we are as judgement calls on behavior that is consistent with the general principles established in Scripture.

Despite comments you see here, most liberals try to follow Scripture as well.

So asking for the most Biblical denomination unfortunately isn't likely to produce useful information. Rather, if you don't understand the differences, you might want to investigate the major approaches (fortunately there aren't all that many), and try to make a judgement yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that there are seven churches. These churches are part of the Christian church... But are different in geography and time. When the Lord Jesus refers to the church of the Sardis I believe that he was referring to protestant churches that was birthed with John Wycliffe and continues to this day.

1. Ephesus - Apostolic
2. Smyrna - Martyrs - Note 10 days = 10 general Roman persecutions
3. Pergomos - Orthodox - Two Pergos (towers)... Rome and Constantinople
4. Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to dominate and control.
5. Sardis - Protestant - As sardis is a gem so these people are elegant and hard on the doctrine.
6. Philadelphia - Methodist / Pentecostal - Saved / Sanctified / Holy Ghost filled
7. Laodicea - Charismatic / Word of Faith - Can go overboard on the materialism

There are basically five major school of thoughts coming out of the seven. Here are the drawbacks...

Orthodox
- The doctrine of the Nicolaitanes... Nicolas was one of the original deacons of Acts 6. According to history the Nicolaitanes lived a life of "unrestrained indulgence." Now I am not pinning this on the Orthodox church... But one must be wary and not fit it too much with the world.

Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to dominate and control. In which read about the Spanish Inquisition and you will know. They behaved themselves towards heritics as Jezebel did toward the men of God.

Protestant
- Thinks they have arrived... But are still dead.

Methodist / Pentecostal
... Can't keep the revival going... Note 'And you shall no more go out.'

Laodicea... It's not suppose to be all about the money.

Virtues

Orthodox - All churches, except in Ethiopia, have roots in the Orthodox church.

Catholic - Nobody does mass and communion better than the Catholics

Protestant
- Elegant, sincere, and nice people...

Methodist / Pentecostal
... I love the freedom to seek God in this church. I have also had the Spirit of God speak to me and become very close in revival meeting of yore.

Laodicea... I do like the worship that is coming out of this church...

So the choice is yours! I personally like them all. And so did the Lord Jesus Christ who laid down his life for us... Despite all our fleshly faults.

12.25 2060, Isaac Newton, and the Seven Churches - YouTube

Upvote 0

earagun

Oct 29, 2011
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the ones that are refered to as FULL GOSPEL or
some would say pentecostal.
You did say doctrinally....so keep that in mind and don't post up all the
things that you can find wrong within "full gopsel" but remember I am
talking about the doctrine and not the abuses.

The term Full Gospel is often used as a synonym for Pentecostalism,
a Protestant movement originating in the 19th century.
Early Pentecostals saw their teachings on baptism with the Holy Spirit,
spiritual gifts, and divine healing as a return to the doctrines and power
of the Apostolic Age. Because of this many early Pentecostals called
their movement the Apostolic Faith or the Full Gospel.

But sadly within pentecostal there can be all manner of beliefs that
can become even more extreme than many traditionalist withinn
pentecostalim would care for.

In a nut shell to me, full gospel means that we look at the book
of acts along with the letters of 1st and 2nd Corinthians and other epistles
and we see that the early church saw and operated in the gifts of the Spirit and
they saw God's supernatural hand in the lives of the believers and unbelievers
as a sign and confirmation of the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

So which is a more complete view of the teaching of Christ?

Those denominations who do not promote, teach or look for
the church of today to ressemble the early church along with
all the signs, wonders and gifts of the Holy Spirit or.......

Those that believe in the "full gospel" along with all
the giftings and power Christ gave to His church to be a witness
to all the earth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He has
given supernatural giftings to His church to backup His claims.

Heidi Baker Blind Eyes Open - YouTube
thanks I needed that!...Yes if I would choose the closest to biblically correct, Full Gospel is the one!.....you can have many doctrinal errors, but if you don't have the power of the Holy Spirit working in the ministry, you really are like a baby Christian, just fed on milk, always needing milk

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
thanks I needed that!...Yes if I would choose the closest to biblically correct, Full Gospel is the one!.....you can have many doctrinal errors, but if you don't have the power of the Holy Spirit working in the ministry, you really are like a baby Christian, just fed on milk, always needing milk

Agree! And with Mr Handy too! Thanks guys! :wave:

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

If it really is the Holy Spirit. The problem is that without a good understanding of Scriptural standards, we have no way to judge that.

Upvote 0

earagun

Oct 29, 2011
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it really is the Holy Spirit. The problem is that without a good understanding of Scriptural standards, we have no way to judge that.
well does satan cast out satan, certianly the scripture shows that not everyone who cast out demons in Jesus 's name will enter the kingdom of heaven, (see Mathew 7:21-23) but we also see what happens when an unbeliever try's to cast out demons as the son's of sceva did.(see Acts 19:14-16) the gifts and call of God are irrevocable,(see Romans 11:29) this means you could receive a gift from the Holy Spirit and then use it to gain wealth and fame, not really following Jesus at all. these are the false teachers, false prophets, who do signs and wonders to lead the people of God astray.........how do you know them? "you will know them by their fruits" Mathew 7:20

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well does satan cast out satan, certianly the scripture shows that not everyone who cast out demons in Jesus 's name will enter the kingdom of heaven, (see Mathew 7:21-23) but we also see what happens when an unbeliever try's to cast out demons as the son's of sceva did.(see Acts 19:14-16) the gifts and call of God are irrevocable,(see Romans 11:29) this means you could receive a gift from the Holy Spirit and then use it to gain wealth and fame, not really following Jesus at all. these are the false teachers, false prophets, who do signs and wonders to lead the people of God astray.........how do you know them? "you will know them by their fruits" Mathew 7:20
Wow.....
You are one of the few that know that.....
I'm impressed.

I actually went though an experiance with someone who said all the right things and
had some amazing "giftings" but his fruit was rotten.

He mistreated people who worked for him in ministry and he mistreated his own family.

The fruit wasn't there.

The wheels eventually fell off his ministry when people became aware of his
bad fruit in ways far worse that what I have mentioned.

More Christians need to be aware that a man can seem to be right on
as in quoting the scriptures, talking the Christianese talk and appearing
as a mighty man of God but if he doesn't have the fruit of the Holy
Spirit, look out! Get away from such people who have all the appearances
of Godliness but do not exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

I am not the judge and I don't know how these men will do
when they stand before God but the word of God clearly warns
us to examine something about a man that cannot be counterfitted.

Matthew 5
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

Galations 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

I'm not so worried about Satan as I am about people mistaking emotional excitement for the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat

So why is it that 90% of the Christians I have talked to or met, all of which claim to be devout followers of Jesus and the Bible, have absolutely terrible fruit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

elenore

to the OP - I'm non-denominational.

You won't find them in the bible. Just be a christian. Churchs can be great, big clubs that you belong to or you don't. So it's safer to just give your allegience to God and attend where he asks you to or doesn't. We follow jesus as christians, not each other.

As for biblically believing churchs? I honestly think your safest bet is to get a non-denominational bible course and do it at your own speed. Get a good one, and get to know the bible well. Because without that knowledge, you can be prey to all kinds of mis-conceptions and twisted scriptural understanding. Even in churchs that read the bible a lot.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my experience, Baptist. I've been to Pentecostal, Lutheran, non-denominational, and Baptist churches. I was even a part of a cult at one point.

Keep in mind that even within denominations, there are splits. Not all Baptist sects are the same, and neither are Pentecostal.

Oneness Pentecostal churches - In my experience with them, they're overly legalistic, judgmental, and egotistical. They put too much emphasis on baptism and speaking in tongues, both of which they claim to be required for salvation. Their theology is really off, and the way they worship makes them look like a pack of lunatics.

Lutherans - This is an odd bunch, because it's really hard to say much at all about them. Even after being confirmed into a Lutheran church, I got the feeling that even they didn't know what they believed in. Still, they're a bit structured, possibly to a fault, and their rituals bear some similarities to those of the Catholics. When it comes to theology, they're fairly accurate, although I have caught them misrepresenting scripture on occasion.

Baptists - Again, there are differences even within a denomination. But with the kind of Baptist church I've been in, I've found them to be the most ideal when it comes to their theology. I don't agree with them on everything, but I'd say I do agree with maybe 95% of what they teach. Baptism is in their name, but they consider it an act of faith, not a prerequisite for salvation. Sometimes, they can be legalistic, but they're balanced out with the more tolerable types. They're not typically very lively in their worship, though. They'll sing, but it's hard to even keep them clapping to a song for more than a few seconds.

I haven't found the perfect church yet. Somehow, I doubt one exists. But I have found one that I think is most ideal for my area: my current Baptist church.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have found that Southern Baptist follow the Bible to the most accurately. At least for me that is what works the best. My husband and I have made the choice to associate with Southern Baptist as our denomination because of this. =]

Just do your own research and see what you think fits the best no denomination is perfect though there will always be something.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So why is it that 90% of the Christians I have talked to or met, all of which claim to be devout followers of Jesus and the Bible, have absolutely terrible fruit?

Because it is the Laodicean church age...

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian

Baptists - Again, there are differences even within a denomination. But with the kind of Baptist church I've been in, I've found them to be the most ideal when it comes to their theology. I don't agree with them on everything, but I'd say I do agree with maybe 95% of what they teach. Baptism is in their name, but they consider it an act of faith, not a prerequisite for salvation. Sometimes, they can be legalistic, but they're balanced out with the more tolerable types. They're not typically very lively in their worship, though. They'll sing, but it's hard to even keep them clapping to a song for more than a few seconds.

Be sure to check out the Particular Baptist Church since they follow the Bible more accurately and not the General Baptist Church, the Jesus Coated Hinduism with man-man beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
to the OP - I'm non-denominational.

You won't find them in the bible. Just be a christian. Churchs can be great, big clubs that you belong to or you don't. So it's safer to just give your allegience to God and attend where he asks you to or doesn't. We follow jesus as christians, not each other.

As for biblically believing churchs? I honestly think your safest bet is to get a non-denominational bible course and do it at your own speed. Get a good one, and get to know the bible well. Because without that knowledge, you can be prey to all kinds of mis-conceptions and twisted scriptural understanding. Even in churchs that read the bible a lot.
I've never seen a Calvinistic Non denomination Church. All the ones I've seen teaches armininaism so I claim the non-denominational to be denominational. Like Christian Church using the basic common name,"Christian" They call it "Christian church". There are churches that teach arminianism and some churches that teaches Calvinism and the "Christian Churches" teaches arminianism and never Calvinism. So much for church that uses certain names to identify there denomination so what your back what inside them. Same happens in Penticostal churches, they never teach that it is God that chooses certain people only, called the Elects. The Catholics believe all protestant church are not THE Church

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2011
✟15,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The most important thing is to have a relationship with JESUS. Then let him lead you to the church he wants you to go to. Ask him and he will show you. He knows all the churches and all their different beliefs. I would much rather him direct me than anybody. He seems to have my best interest at heart at all times. He protects me. THANK you LORD!

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

John Riggs

Apr 1, 2020
spring city
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Which Denomination would you guys say is the most biblical? ie. the one following the word of God the most accurately?

Someone told me that Baptists follow the word of God the most accurately, though the Catholics have the biggest following.

Which Denomination did you choose and do you believe it follows the word of God the most accurately?
Dear Fuji, Let me tell you my story. I was raised in the Seventh Day Adventist faith as I got older I turned away from the church and went out into the world for about 20 years, by the time I was 33 I felt the Lord calling me back to him. One night I knelt down and prayed and told God I would come back after explicit and careful study of his word and our faiths so as to choose which was the most Biblical. I even went as far as to tell him I would be a part of any church or denomination but I would NOT!! be a S.D.A. my thinking was we were weird in what we believed and taught, how could we be more biblically accurate than all the other church's and have more of the truth than others? After 10 years of Biblical research and study, Historical study behind what S.D.A. taught in Bible prophecy the Lord gave me a great deal of knowledge in this area and I realized one thing never dictate to the Lord what you will or won't be. I ended up being re-baptized into the Seventh Day Adventist Faith. Here's why, Every modern day Church still adhere's to most of the traditionally based doctrines of the Catholic Church, some examples are Sunday is the new Sabbath. The eternal hell doctrine, Mary is equal to the trinity and so forth. While almost all protestant church's agree on salvation by grace through faith they squabble over everything in between, however after 10 years I learned that in my humble opinion The S.D.A. have no ties what so ever to Catholicism this includes Sunday worship over the ordained Sabbath spoken of in the scriptures. for more info I recommend Amazingfacts.org

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kind of loaded question because most denominations would say theirs is the most biblical. Which then leads to debates about many things. In my case I belong to a non-denominational church. There is no one set of views. We just go by the bible itself. We don't talk about which version of the bible is correct. We don't tell people how to act..etc.

Granted the problem is many churchs claim to be non-denom but actually have other denomination views in their church. Which defeats the purpose of calling yourself non-denom.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Kind of loaded question because most denominations would say theirs is the most biblical. Which then leads to debates about many things. In my case I belong to a non-denominational church. There is no one set of views.
We just go by the bible itself. We don't talk about which version of the bible is correct. We don't tell people how to act..etc.
I always wonder at comments like those since they seem to say that this kind of congregation avoids taking any of the stands or engaging in many of the practices which the Bible describes as characteristic of the first Christians.

Normally, I wouldn't bring it up, but the topic here is about identifying "the most Biblical denomination."

Upvote 0