Most Biblical Denomination?

F

fuji

Which Denomination would you guys say is the most biblical? ie. the one following the word of God the most accurately?

Someone told me that Baptists follow the word of God the most accurately, though the Catholics have the biggest following.

Which Denomination did you choose and do you believe it follows the word of God the most accurately?

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
They all have their good points and bad points. The truth is like panning for gold. You have to sift through lots of doctrine to get to what is real important. The Catholic Bible is the one I use. I use it mostly because it hasn't been 'modernized' and it has the book of wisdom in it which is some solid teaching. My family goes to the Mormon church and I go to 12 step meetings for my spirituality. I've been to many churches and I have to admit some of the most spiritual people I know are from 12 step meetings. God is often all they have.

Upvote 0
F

fuji

They all have their good points and bad points. The truth is like panning for gold. You have to sift through lots of doctrine to get to what is real important. The Catholic Bible is the one I use. I use it mostly because it hasn't been 'modernized' and it has the book of wisdom in it which is some solid teaching. My family goes to the Mormon church and I go to 12 step meetings for my spirituality. I've been to many churches and I have to admit some of the most spiritual people I know are from 12 step meetings. God is often all they have.

I was looking into the Catholic church as well and I agree, they havent been as "modernized" as many other churches. They also have the lowest divorce rate compared to other denominations.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Which Denomination would you guys say is the most biblical? ie. the one following the word of God the most accurately?

Someone told me that Baptists follow the word of God the most accurately, though the Catholics have the biggest following.

Which Denomination did you choose and do you believe it follows the word of God the most accurately?

Presbyterian Church, of course. The oldest Protestant church.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
What happens in a 12 step meeting? What happened to zero steps to Salvation?

Upvote 0

earagun

Oct 29, 2011
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of them! they all are subject to the king of this world, If I were you I would find a few Christians and meet togather in a house, and do church the way they did in the bible, you will realize how powerful the Holy Spirit can be when He's allowed to lead. the churches we see today, are just entertainment venues.....nothing like what you see written in the bible. If you keep the bible as your guide to what church should be like, you will have a great experience.....theres a home church revival going on, people are tired of these fat pastors fleecing the flock of their hard earned money so they can live far above the people there supposed to be a servant to. Its completely unbiblical the church today, while they are fun to visit, Its not going to disciple you to a place where you could handle the spiritual meat and potatoes, they are all based on milk, they never leave the milk, because they only want baby christians, because babies are dependant, they can't walk or take care of themselves, they are always looking to be fed, and have no ability to feed anyone else. thus they stay in the same condition (babies) and support a ministry that keeps them always needing this same twisted ministry........The church in the bible is much different.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
None of them! they all are subject to the king of this world, If I were you I would find a few Christians and meet togather in a house, and do church the way they did in the bible, you will realize how powerful the Holy Spirit can be when He's allowed to lead. the churches we see today, are just entertainment venues.....nothing like what you see written in the bible. If you keep the bible as your guide to what church should be like, you will have a great experience.....theres a home church revival going on, people are tired of these fat pastors fleecing the flock of their hard earned money so they can live far above the people there supposed to be a servant to. Its completely unbiblical the church today, while they are fun to visit, Its not going to disciple you to a place where you could handle the spiritual meat and potatoes, they are all based on milk, they never leave the milk, because they only want baby christians, because babies are dependant, they can't walk or take care of themselves, they are always looking to be fed, and have no ability to feed anyone else. thus they stay in the same condition (babies) and support a ministry that keeps them always needing this same twisted ministry........The church in the bible is much different.

For years I received a catalog from a reformed publisher and had TONS of reformed publishings. As I read it for years, I wrote to the publisher and asked him which churches are Biblically the closest to a Christian Church. I gave him a long list of my local churches and was sadden on his response. He said, "NONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then he gave me a name of a person who locally holds a service in his home. I almost went but never really wanted to do that. I'm held my own service but nobody came.

I have also been bashed by many sections on CF that I couldn't perform the communion or the baptism without higher guru powers. That don't sound right.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It takes time to find a church or body of believers that preach/teach and uphold the
Word of God.
Personally don't caught up in denominational names...the church we attend is a Fellowship Baptist-- I identify with being a Christian because it is Christ I follow and not church rules and I'm not a registered "member" at the church we attend.
I also listen to other ministers via internet who are in the USA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat

I would say none, as it's entirely based on one's interpretation of a specific translation of the Bible.

There are over 35,000 Christian denominations, all because they can't agree on things.

Although if I had to hazard a guess, I would say the more liberal denominations are truer, merely because they actually seek to research and learn the origins, language, culture, context, tradition, etc. surrounding the Bible, and don't just blindly listen to their pastor or superficially read some flawed English translation.

Upvote 0
Although if I had to hazard a guess, I would say the more liberal denominations are truer, merely because they actually seek to research and learn the origins, language, culture, context, tradition, etc. surrounding the Bible, and don't just blindly listen to their pastor or superficially read some flawed English translation.

Which are the more liberal denominations? And if you dont read any of the english translations, how do you read the bible?

Upvote 0

earagun

Oct 29, 2011
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For years I received a catalog from a reformed publisher and had TONS of reformed publishings. As I read it for years, I wrote to the publisher and asked him which churches are Biblically the closest to a Christian Church. I gave him a long list of my local churches and was sadden on his response. He said, "NONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then he gave me a name of a person who locally holds a service in his home. I almost went but never really wanted to do that. I'm held my own service but nobody came.

I have also been bashed by many sections on CF that I couldn't perform the communion or the baptism without higher guru powers. That don't sound right.
What did Jesus say about the Lords supper "do this in rememberence of Me" If you look at the gospels of Mathew ,Mark and Luke which all three contian the institution of the Lords supper it is very clear to Jesus what was in the cup, if you don't think Jesus understood His own new covenant and what it symbolized, than I guess you can believe they all ate Jesus and drank His real blood, But Jesus clearly states three times I will not drink of this "fruit of the vine" Jesus saw it as wine, symbolic of the blood that was taken from the lamb and put over the door post, and its flesh eaten in the old covenant. His new covenant was better, He was the sacrifical Lamb. His body and blood are as real a sacrifice as the lamb used to be, His body and His blood were really used to wash us clean.......It doesn't say anywhere in scripture that this was to become some weird transubstantiation of bread and wine into real flesh and blood. and evidence of this is found in Pauls letter to the church in regards to this meal, some were making it such a common thing that some were eating to much not leaving any bread for others and some were drinking all the wine and getting drunk......not sure how one would get drunk on Jesus blood

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Which are the more liberal denominations? And if you dont read any of the english translations, how do you read the bible?

United Church of Christ. Metropolitan Community Church, ECLA (Lutheran), Episcopalian, some divisions of Methodist and Presbyterian, etc.

I didn't say you couldn't read the English ones, but you have to be willing to accept their flaws. The Bible wasn't written in English or 21st Century culture, and Hebrew and Greek do not translate word for word into English. We also know that Bible publishers are in it for a profit, and have no qualms about altering certain verses to increase Bible sales.

Anyone who thinks some random English translation backed by a profit seeking conservative Bible publisher is the inerrant Word of God will never truly understand the Bible, especially on vague, controversial issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I would say none, as it's entirely based on one's interpretation of a specific translation of the Bible.

There are over 35,000 Christian denominations, all because they can't agree on things.

Well said.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And then liberals undo all the benefit of that study by claiming "when God said that [insert any commandment that contradicts their opinions] He really didn't mean it, OR the Bible is imperfect [especially in the sections that contradict their opinions] or it was only applicable to the culture of the day [or it still applies to us today if it is a NICE commandment that makes us feel good]....." ;)

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which Denomination would you guys say is the most biblical? ie.
the one following the word of God the most accurately?

I like the ones that are refered to as FULL GOSPEL or
some would say pentecostal.
You did say doctrinally....so keep that in mind and don't post up all the
things that you can find wrong within "full gopsel" but remember I am
talking about the doctrine and not the abuses.

The term Full Gospel is often used as a synonym for Pentecostalism,
a Protestant movement originating in the 19th century.
Early Pentecostals saw their teachings on baptism with the Holy Spirit,
spiritual gifts, and divine healing as a return to the doctrines and power
of the Apostolic Age. Because of this many early Pentecostals called
their movement the Apostolic Faith or the Full Gospel.

But sadly within pentecostal there can be all manner of beliefs that
can become even more extreme than many traditionalist withinn
pentecostalim would care for.

In a nut shell to me, full gospel means that we look at the book
of acts along with the letters of 1st and 2nd Corinthians and other epistles
and we see that the early church saw and operated in the gifts of the Spirit and
they saw God's supernatural hand in the lives of the believers and unbelievers
as a sign and confirmation of the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

So which is a more complete view of the teaching of Christ?

Those denominations who do not promote, teach or look for
the church of today to ressemble the early church along with
all the signs, wonders and gifts of the Holy Spirit or.......

Those that believe in the "full gospel" along with all
the giftings and power Christ gave to His church to be a witness
to all the earth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He has
given supernatural giftings to His church to backup His claims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OrW1nkd2U8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And then liberals undo all the benefit of that study by claiming "when God said that [insert any commandment that contradicts their opinions] He really didn't mean it, OR the Bible is imperfect [especially in the sections that contradict their opinions] or it was only applicable to the culture of the day [or it still applies to us today if it is a NICE commandment that makes us feel good]....." ;)

Lol, I go to bed sometimes with headaches because of this.

I have views on the bible that maybe only 10% of the Christian community would agree with, but I can back them up with passages, but it doesnt matter. If I dont see the bible through "their eyes", then that is not what God said.

I am a firm believer that people should being doing the 2 greatest commandments everyday and let the rest of the bible fall into their own interpretation. But that wont work because even as people read this now they are forming their own interpretation on how a Christian should live.

I dont know why, but Christians love telling other Christians how to live and how to read the bible.

Upvote 0