✟14,176.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone,

Would it be wrong for me as a Christian to take a morning-after pill? Would it be a form of abortion? my view is that I'm not killing anything because nothing currently exists inside. It would be very wrong to do it once I have confirmation of life inside

Also is it dangerous to take the morning-after pill, will it cause me not to get pregnant in the future? What is Gods view

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Many Christians believe that the morning after pill is abortive because it creates a hostile environment in the womb for the zygote, which is already sperm and egg together.

there are many side affects that are possible from the morning after pill, and infertility is always a risk after the use of hormone based contraceptives but they are typically relatively safe.

I personally don’t believe in the morning after pill and think it’s not right but I don’t think it’s as big a deal as I used to. However, chopping babies into pieces and vacuuming them from the womb is horrific, and that’s the standard abortion surgery so I stand against that fully and passionately

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Physically yes I would think those pills are much more easier and convenient.

Also from theological point of view since you do not know that you would have gotten pregnant if you had not taken the pill you can at least tell to yourself (and maybe even be correct) that the pill did not do anything that would not have happened anyway.

Principle is about the same for one member of the execution squad being issued blank ammunition

In some cases, one or more members of the firing squad may be issued a weapon containing a blank cartridge.[2][3] No member of the firing squad is told beforehand if he is using live ammunition. This is believed to reinforce the sense of diffusion of responsibility among the firing squad members. This diffusion of responsibility makes the execution process more reliable because the members are more likely to aim to kill if they are not entirely blamed for it, or if there is a chance they did not fire the lethal shot. It also allows each member of the firing squad to believe afterwards that he did not personally fire a fatal shot[4]—for this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "conscience round".

According to Pte. W. A. Quinton, who served in the British Army during the First World War and had the experience of serving with a firing squad in October 1915, he and 11 colleagues were relieved of any live ammunition and their own rifles before being issued replacement weapons. The firing squad was then given a short speech by an officer before they fired a volley at the condemned man. He said about the episode, "I had the satisfaction of knowing that as soon as I fired, the absence of any recoil [indicated] that I had merely fired a blank cartridge".[5]

In more recent times, such as in the execution of Ronnie Lee Gardner in the American state of Utah in 2010, one rifleman may be given a "dummy" cartridge containing a wax bullet instead of a lead bullet, which provides a more realistic recoil.[6]

Morally speaking fascinating stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many Christians believe that the morning after pill is abortive because it creates a hostile environment in the womb for the zygote, which is already sperm and egg together.

there are many side affects that are possible from the morning after pill, and infertility is always a risk after the use of hormone based contraceptives but they are typically relatively safe.

I personally don’t believe in the morning after pill and think it’s not right but I don’t think it’s as big a deal as I used to. However, chopping babies into pieces and vacuuming them from the womb is horrific, and that’s the standard abortion surgery so I stand against that fully and passionately

What is the difference - in both cases you are killing a human life...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Everyone,

Would it be wrong for me as a Christian to take a morning-after pill? Would it be a form of abortion? my view is that I'm not killing anything because nothing currently exists inside. It would be very wrong to do it once I have confirmation of life inside

Also is it dangerous to take the morning-after pill, will it cause me not to get pregnant in the future? What is Gods view
Over Half of all embryos fail to implant normally. So the morning after pill is not evil, in that respect.

Upvote 0

Bacey92

Bacey92
Jan 31, 2020
Cape Town
✟14,176.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When does conception take place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Everyone,

What's happened that causes you to feel you need to take one?

Were you raped or having sex outside of marriage without contraception?

What's occurred?

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What's happened that causes you to feel you need to take one?

Were you raped or having sex outside of marriage without contraception?

What's occurred?

How is this relevant to moral decision to end pregnancy ?

I would presume if OP wanted us to know about specific circumstances she would have told them.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How is this relevant to moral decision to end pregnancy ?

I would presume if OP wanted us to know about specific circumstances she would have told them.

I presume since she's asking for herself we could use the opportunity to get her some help while we're at it.. this isn't some minor thing this person is asking about. .

Wouldn't you want the same if she was your sister or daughter?

I know I would..

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I presume since she's asking for herself we could use the opportunity to get her some help while we're at it.. this isn't some minor thing this person is asking about. .

Wouldn't you want the same if she was your sister or daughter?

Eh seeing the level of fundamentalism some people have I could see how hearing she will go to hell for using the pill or some such I would not necessarily want to have my sister reading those.

If someone asks what is the God`s view like OP it is usually answered by what is the posting persons view of the issue instead of God`s.

Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Eh seeing the level of fundamentalism some people have I could see how hearing she will go to hell for using the pill or some such I would not necessarily want to have my sister reading those.

If someone asks what is the God`s view like OP it is usually answered by what is the posting persons view of the issue instead of God`s.

We have no idea if god exists let alone what its views are on anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have no idea if god exists let alone what its views are on anything.

That is not a recurring theme on these forums. There are surprising number of people who seem to think they are perfectly able to figure out what God thinks, what absolute morals are and the like.

If there was any more hubris around we could float Titanic on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Long
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is not a recurring theme on these forums. There are surprising number of people who seem to think they are perfectly able to figure out what God thinks, what absolute morals are and the like.

If there was any more hubris around we could float Titanic on it.

I believe the Bible is the Word of God, and I'm fairly fundamental in my understanding of scripture.

I'd rather help this poster, if that be possible, than argue semantics..

Perhaps we can all agree to do that. Might be more helpful.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Bible is the Word of God, and I'm fairly fundamental in my understanding of scripture.

Exactly my point. You sound just like a person that is not considered as first choice to talk people with possible traumatic experiences relating to their sexuality or reproduction. Sorry.

Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I'd rather help this poster, if that be possible, than argue semantics..

Perhaps we can all agree to do that. Might be more helpful.

You might believe that to be true, but cannot present any evidence that it is so. The Bible is not evidence.

Upvote 0