Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get the false idea that I have no hope for salvation?

You trying to speak for me again?

And HOPE won't do you any good if you have false hope to be able to endure to the end.

You can hope for a lot of things but if you have not the True Christ and His Promise to strengthen you---it will all come crumbling down on you

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
My hope is in Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
uh, On this site I recently put you on ignore and just clicked to the ignored messages and found this gem.

Seems as if you don't like your own hope to be able endure aspect in you very own Articles of Faith but yet argue against it for whatever reason you do. [could it be that truth hurts]?

So enough of this silly endure to the end, vs we hope to endure to the end nonsense.----Peter1000

I am still scratching my head on this one----as I did show you that you hope to be able endure as your Article of Faith says. Even quoted the exact words in bold.

The solution is very simple---If you do not like my messages simply put me in "Ignore".
We do hope to be able to endure all things. You show us nothing.

But here is the bigger question you ignored again:

Do you hope for salvation and eternal life as Paul does and records in the bible?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We do hope to be able to endure all things. You show us nothing.

But here is the bigger question you ignored again:

Do you hope for salvation and eternal life as Paul does and records in the bible?

Where did you get the false idea that I have no hope for salvation?-----Jamesone5 [post199]

And do I have to list that I have hope for eternal life as well, to satisfy only you?

But then, you would probably not look quite so foolish if you read all the posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My hope is in Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ of the Bible.
No your hope really in yourself when it comes down to it.

We hope to be able to endure to the end---13th Article of Faith of the LDS Chruch.

You cannot reach that hope in Christ unless YOU endure.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No your hope really in yourself when it comes down to it.

We hope to be able to endure to the end---13th Article of Faith of the LDS Chruch.

You cannot reach that hope in Christ unless YOU endure.
Salvation is by hope and striving to overcome the world by keeping the commandments:

(New Testament | 1 John 5:1 - 5)

1 WHOSOEVER believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Salvation is by hope and striving to overcome the world by keeping the commandments:

1 WHOSOEVER believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Salvation is by hope and striving to overcome the world by keeping the commandments---HITW

So you only hope to keep his commandments?

Where is the word hope anywhere in what you submitted which are these verses?

We do overcome[th] the world------ not hope to overcome

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is by hope and striving to overcome the world by keeping the commandments---HITW

So you only hope to keep his commandments?

Where is the word hope anywhere in what you submitted which are these verses?

We do overcome[th] the world------ not hope to overcome
Without hope you will not overcome the world:

(New Testament | 1 Thessalonians 5:8)

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

(New Testament | Romans 15:13)

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:16 - 22)

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get the false idea that I have no hope for salvation?-----Jamesone5 [post199]

And do I have to list that I have hope for eternal life as well, to satisfy only you?

But then, you would probably not look quite so foolish if you read all the posts.
You have said that you are guaranteed to endure to the end.

That gave me the idea that since you were guaranted to endure, you would be guaranteed your salvation and your eternal life.

Are you guaranteed salvaton? Are you guaranteed eternal life?

If Paul wasn't guaranteed salvation, but he only hoped for salvation, and if Paul wasn't guaranted eternal life, but only hoped for eternal life, I suspect you are in the same place reguardless of what you think.

Therefore if salvation and eternal life are hoped for events, I would not be too hard on JS for saying that he hoped to endure to the end. See what I mean?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Without hope you will not overcome the world:

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Without hope you will not overcome the world:---HITW

no hope to overcome the world in those verses as you refenced them after you made the statement that you did.

You are stuck with JS's false

We hope to be able to endure all things

Joseph Smith

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Without hope you will not overcome the world:---HITW

no hope to overcome the world in those verses as you refenced them after you made the statement that you did.

You are stuck with JS's false

Joseph Smith
Yes we do hope to be able to endure all things. David fell to the temptations of Bathsheba. Many others have fallen to temptations of many kinds. Who is impervious to temptation? Perhaps we will see who is and who is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes we do hope to be able to endure all things. David fell to the temptations of Bathsheba. Many others have fallen to temptations of many kinds. Who is impervious to temptation? Perhaps we will see who is and who is not.
Gee, do you think that David was a Christian in the OT?

That maybe Christ's grace and Hope that came many centuries later applied to him?

You are using NT verses to make your case

and the Mormon version of it is:

Joseph Smith

And you even backed that up:

Yes we do hope to be able to endure all things---HITW

And yes, We WILL see who endures and who is relying on human hope

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have said that you are guaranteed to endure to the end.

That gave me the idea that since you were guaranted to endure, you would be guaranteed your salvation and your eternal life.

Are you guaranteed salvaton? Are you guaranteed eternal life?

If Paul wasn't guaranteed salvation, but he only hoped for salvation, and if Paul wasn't guaranted eternal life, but only hoped for eternal life, I suspect you are in the same place reguardless of what you think.

Therefore if salvation and eternal life are hoped for events, I would not be too hard on JS for saying that he hoped to endure to the end. See what I mean?

sounds like you are babbling some argument but avoiding this like your fellow Mormon.

Articles of Faith

Versus Bible

1 Corinthians 13:7
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things

Or if you cannot understand that verse, maybe this one will help

1 Corinthians 9:12
If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Jesus!! And He came to show us how to live with the Father and the Holy Spirit in our hearts, and that what He did we also can do. Have we succeeded? Nope, not yet! So? Keep on believing we can! It is no sin to be tempted---Jesus was tempted. The sin is giving in to it! When we fail, He will forgive, but we are to overcome! So we do not, ever, give up!

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Gee, do you think that David was a Christian in the OT?

That maybe Christ's grace and Hope that came many centuries later applied to him?

You are using NT verses to make your case

and the Mormon version of it is:

Joseph Smith

And you even backed that up:

Yes we do hope to be able to endure all things---HITW

And yes, We WILL see who endures and who is relying on human hope
If you do not hope to endure all things what hope have you got?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you do not hope to endure all things what hope have you got?

Articles of Faith

Versus Bible

If you do not hope to endure all things what hope have you got?----HITW

You seem to what to base your hope to be able to endure all things on your false prophet.

Me----- I will choose Christ who Promises me this:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Articles of Faith

Versus Bible

If you do not hope to endure all things what hope have you got?----HITW

You seem to what to base your hope to be able to endure all things on your false prophet.

Me----- I will choose Christ who Promises me this:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Peter walked on water, one day I HOPE to be able to walk on water, but I haven't been able to do it yet, how about you?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter walked on water, one day I HOPE to be able to walk on water, but I haven't been able to do it yet, how about you?

What does walking on water have to do with enduring or the Mormon take--------hoping to be able to endure?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course I hope to endure all things, everyone should have that hope.
And so, you only hope to be Blessed by this verse?

James 1:12
Loving God Under Trials
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

And only hope that you are saved here?
Matthew 10:22
And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved

Not much of a Religion when you only hope it is the True one by your Articles of Faith. Kind of puts to shame a Mormon testimony where ONE claims he or she "knows" but in reality----- they are really relying on hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And so, you only hope to be Blessed by this verse?

James 1:12
Loving God Under Trials
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

And only hope that you are saved here?
Matthew 10:22
And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved

Not much of a Religion when you only hope it is the True one by your Articles of Faith. Kind of puts to shame a Mormon testimony where ONE claims he or she "knows" but in reality----- they are really relying on hope.

Upvote 0