✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You're not keeping His commandments because you are worshiping a false god

Jesus is both God and man. As man, God is His God. But God is the Father, Word of the Father, and Spirit of the Father: One God, Not 3 gods.
Don't you believe that they are three persons?

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God the Father is mighty enough to make man equal to Himself.
Our God, the Father, the Word of the Father, and the Spirit of the Father: One God, is inexpressibly more than mighty enough to take your version of god the father, wad it up with one hand like a piece of tissue paper, and throw it into the eternal fire where it belongs, along with the father (satan) who created it.

• Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, three Divine Persons, eternally existing in a perfection of unity which has no beginning, as none of Them has a beginning, but always "Are". They are the great "I AM".

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You're not keeping His commandments because you are worshiping a false god

Jesus is both God and man. As man, God is His God. But God is the Father, Word of the Father, and Spirit of the Father: One God, Not 3 gods.
The Bible says they are perfect in one:

(New Testament | John 17:21 - 23)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, three Divine Persons, eternally existing in a perfection of unity which has no beginning, as none of Them has a beginning, but always "Are". They are the great "I AM".
We also believe they are one in unity:

(Book of Mormon | Alma 11:44)

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says they are perfect in one:

(New Testament | John 17:21 - 23)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
The Bible says that the Father has never been without His Mind and His Spirit, for they are a part of the Father's very existence as God. The Bible says that the Father's Mind and His Spirit are also Persons.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We also believe they are one in unity:

(Book of Mormon | Alma 11:44)

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.
One in unity because they are one in essence, and undivided.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
He who denies the Son does not have the Father either (1 John 2:23). When a man lies and says that the Son is not of one, timeless essence with the Father, He denies that the Son is truly God. If you deny the Eternally existing Word of the Eternally existing Father (Eternal means "without beginning and without end") then you deny the Father also. Scripture does not lie. False teachers, on the other hand, lie about many things. They distort the face of God by their false teachings, and create gods after their own imperfect reasoning powers.

Mormons believe all humans are without beginning; if they become gods and goddesses they are also without end. However everything is made of matter and matter never ceases to exist.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mormons believe all humans are without beginning; if they become gods and goddesses they are also without end. However everything is made of matter and matter never ceases to exist.
Matter did not exist until God called it into existence, through His Word and by His Spirit, Who always exist consciously, as Divine Persons. They are eternally existing (timelessly) and ever the same. We can therefore explain to our Mormon friends that all humans have a beginning to their existence as conscious persons. But God does not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Undivided meaning always together?
They together comprise the One Being which alone is uncreated. There was never a time for the Father that His Mind and His Spirit were not with Him. He (with His Mind and Spirit) exists outside of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
They together comprise the One Being which alone is uncreated. There was never a time for the Father that His Mind and His Spirit were not with Him. He (with His Mind and Spirit) exists outside of time.
If they are always undivided, why did Jesus say:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Reactions: Ran77
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If they are always undivided, why did Jesus say:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Christ spoke thus with regards to His human nature only, not His Divine nature. For it was His human nature which was to be glorified alongside of God in heaven. But the Mind of the Father is always with the Father. The mind became flesh, and that flesh is what was "not yet ascended" to the father. The Mind of God is never divided from God, The Mind (John 1:18) of God became flesh so as to reveal God to us.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said: "How do you have the knowldge of the Lord [God] and Saviour Jesus Christ when you don't even recognize Him as part of the One True God?

There is only one way to know God and that is by keeping the commandments:

(New Testament | 1 John 2:4)

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Who is Jesus' God and Father:

You said: And you of course sin no more? Or can you before God say: "I do not sin--ever"?

(New Testament | Hebrews 10:26)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

You said: "Were you once enlightened through the True Holy Ghost? Unless you can positively answer to those verses----they do NOT apply to you. The True Holy Ghost [Spirit] tells us to discern error---yours obviously tells you to accept error. You have already proved to me that you do not know how to read the Bible.
With trying to make Moses, God to Aaron in your rendering without the simple word "as".

Everyone understands the scriptures differently. I do not believe that the word "as" nullifies the whole scripture.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin

That's right sin willfully, but then your verse tells us sin no more--obviously willfully or unwilfully You are taking the stand that this total obedience you is the way to know
(Old Testament | Exodus 4:16)

16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

(Old Testament | Exodus 7:1)

1 AND the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Moses was a god to Pharaoh.

Yes Moses was A god [or judge] to Pharaoh. Moses certainly carried out God's Judgement on Pharaoh with the plagues.

What Mormons cannot understand is when gods is referenced in the Bible it means judges---just like in Moses' example.

Kinda like you have cracks in you dam of understandings and when you try to defend one crack by plugging it up --another shows up with it's leak.

Is it no surprise that no one can adequately defend Mormonism because nothing in your doctrines adheres to other doctrines. We Christians call it Systematic Theology

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe you have been shown a different way to understand the scriptures.

John 16:13
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

This Spirit of truth shows me His way in understanding Scripture or All Truth---or at least in this Mormon issue as to whether or not the church is true. I acknowledge my understandings are from God.

Now you want to take a stab in claiming this Spirit is lying to me or deceiving me or any other excuse you can think of?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Three persons, when you already have one that is in the form of the Holy Ghost? Or is He just another [visible] person walking around telling people what to believe? I think you Mormons believe He cannot be in more than one place at a time. A "shared Holy Ghost"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God the Father is mighty enough to make man equal to Himself.

There is satan's repackaged lie at the very first embedded in your statement.

Genesis 3:5
For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

Not only be like God but be really a God in making their own decisions. The eating of the Forbidden fruit is what resulted.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Christ spoke thus with regards to His human nature only, not His Divine nature. For it was His human nature which was to be glorified alongside of God in heaven. But the Mind of the Father is always with the Father. The mind became flesh, and that flesh is what was "not yet ascended" to the father. The Mind of God is never divided from God, The Mind (John 1:18) of God became flesh so as to reveal God to us.
Jesus was a resurrected spiritual being at the time He said that I am not yet ascended to my Father.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin

That's right sin willfully, but then your verse tells us sin no more--obviously willfully or unwilfully You are taking the stand that this total obedience you is the way to know

Yes Moses was A god [or judge] to Pharaoh. Moses certainly carried out God's Judgement on Pharaoh with the plagues.

What Mormons cannot understand is when gods is referenced in the Bible it means judges---just like in Moses' example.

Kinda like you have cracks in you dam of understandings and when you try to defend one crack by plugging it up --another shows up with it's leak.

Is it no surprise that no one can adequately defend Mormonism because nothing in your doctrines adheres to other doctrines. We Christians call it Systematic Theology
This is NOT about judges. The word judges is different in the Greek language:

(New Testament | John 10:34 - 35)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
John 16:13
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

This Spirit of truth shows me His way in understanding Scripture or All Truth---or at least in this Mormon issue as to whether or not the church is true. I acknowledge my understandings are from God.

Now you want to take a stab in claiming this Spirit is lying to me or deceiving me or any other excuse you can think of?
You can believe whatever you want to believe.

Upvote 0