Faith
Non-Denom
Mormon is Mormon
Christian is Christian
Amazing horse is Amazing horse

But
Could person who call himself Mormon be saved ? Yes
Could person who call himself christian be not saved ? Yes

As long as you read this 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 , and put faith in finished job of Jesus Christ , then you will be saved because you are sealed with Holy Spirit the moment you believe Ephesians 1:13-14 .

Well could that person who is sealed by Holy Spirit do bad works or believe in vain by being deceived ? Yes

He can ask Holy Spirit to open his eyes and show him truth , but if he want to be ignorant then he will be ignorant it's his choice .

So if saved person after few years become atheist , is he saved ? Yes
Same if saved person become Mormon , is he saved ? Yes

But if you don't follow Christ , then you don't do his will.
Prodigal son blow away all his inheritance ( like our reward in heaven ) but he never stopped being son of his father ( like we can't be unborn after being born again John 3:3) . So it might be that Mormons will just suffer loss of rewards in heaven for not doing will of Jesus (1 Corinthians 3:15 ) .

All of these things are possible. However, not at all probable as long as a person believes that Jesus Christ is one of many gods and that His atonement saves (provides physical resurrection to eternal life or to eternal damnation) for all mankind.

Upvote 0

Don Maurer

^Oh well^
Jun 5, 2013
Pa, USA, Earth, solar system, milky way, universe.
✟53,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, Mormons are not Christians.

Christians are Monotheistic. Mormons are Polytheistic.
Christians believe that Jesus has eternally been God. Mormons believe that Jesus was once a man who became God.
Joseph Smith rejected Christianity and founded Mormonism because he felt that Christianity had it all wrong. It is only a recent development that Mormons promote themselves as Christian in order to accept more mainstream cultural acceptance.
Christians are Monergists, that God is the solely the one who regenerates the individual believer, God justifies them, God sanctifies them. Mormons are Synergists, that individuals are enabled by God to salvation, that they are to do all that they can in good works to earn their salvation, that Jesus fills what they cannot. Mormonism is primarily a works + faith salvation. Christianity is faith alone, by God's grace alone, in Jesus Christ alone.

Mormonism violates the fundamental tenets of the Christian faith to create "Jesus" in their own image.

Recommend you read "Is the Mormon My Brother?" by James R. White.
What you say is completely true, that Mormons are polytheists. If I might compare them with the ancient greco-roman pantheon, the Mormons have far more gods than the greco-roman pantheon, they have far more gods than hunduism, in fact I would venture to suggest that Mormonism is the most pantheistic religion ever invented.

Another way to ask the same question, if a Hindu includes Jesus in his list of gods, is he saved? Every Mormon becomes a god and rules one of the millions and millions of planets.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What you say is completely true, that Mormons are polytheists. If I might compare them with the ancient greco-roman pantheon, the Mormons have far more gods than the greco-roman pantheon, they have far more gods than hunduism, in fact I would venture to suggest that Mormonism is the most pantheistic religion ever invented.

Another way to ask the same question, if a Hindu includes Jesus in his list of gods, is he saved? Every Mormon becomes a god and rules one of the millions and millions of planets.

Your were fine until your last sentence. The vast majority of Mormons will be unqualified to enter the Celestial Kingdom unless they have kept all of the commandments. If, for example, a Mormon never marries then they are said to become on a ministering spirit in the afterlife. If, however, a Mormon man has fulfilled his duties, which include multiple marriages sealed in the temple (a commandment issued by Joseph Smith, but revoked later by both the LDS and the RLDS branches of Mormonism) then he becomes a god and is eternally married to his wives and will populate a planet as his eternal home.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if a Hindu includes Jesus in his list of gods, is he saved?

No, that would be serving more than one master. Jesus is not just "another god". He is the one, true, living and only God. If you believe that there are other gods, you are not walking in the truth.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No, that would be serving more than one master. Jesus is not just "another god". He is the one, true, living and only God. If you believe that there are other gods, you are not walking in the truth.

Muslims believe in only one, true God and utterly deny the validity of others.

Upvote 0

Sea Horse

Aug 28, 2017
Kielce , Świętokrzyskie
✟8,647.00
Country
Belarus
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
If so or not there should be a simple answer for this. Do they or don't they meet the basic parameters? I NEED to know as they won't stop knocking on my door. I NEED to know what to say. There are many deviations among the Protestant faith group but all are regarded as Christian because they all agree with and have processed through, for example, the Roman's Road, 4 Spiritual Laws, Apostle's Creed, and etc. Do Mormons agree with such? Thanks.
Read him 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 , then Ephesians 1:13-14 and Ephesians 2:8-9 then Galatians 1:8-9 , if they disagree then you know them by thier fruits .

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your were fine until your last sentence. The vast majority of Mormons will be unqualified to enter the Celestial Kingdom unless they have kept all of the commandments. If, for example, a Mormon never marries then they are said to become on a ministering spirit in the afterlife. If, however, a Mormon man has fulfilled his duties, which include multiple marriages sealed in the temple (a commandment issued by Joseph Smith, but revoked later by both the LDS and the RLDS branches of Mormonism) then he becomes a god and is eternally married to his wives and will populate a planet as his eternal home.
Oh, WOW, there has got to be a faith out there where if I take ownership of at least three sailboats then I become a god on a planet of water with perfect winds and in a fine sailboat which is perpetually and flawlessly riding the edge! (LOL)

Upvote 0