✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
I will convey events which will occur.

Time for teaching is very soon, the churches will be overflooded.
Even as many will scramble to join the faith with the new light, many will scramble when it is passed and gone, which is the absence. Teach, so that faith will see triumph in those dark days, through preparation and maturity in the faith.

There are a means for peoples knowing us by our love for each other.

Children will be the means, and their schools. Schools of all religions will be made, and the Christian schools will be envied through divine surpassing. Do very well with children, and they will be like a light on a hill for a certainty.

There are a means for tribulation.

I would withhold its name which would do this, but the Papacy will bind the false religions into one, and these religions will set themselves up to give tribulation, first by means of taxation out of existence, and then that they may not buy or sell. Tribulations will go out to both the Jewish and Christian churches. When no man may buy or sell, this is the means for the great falling away. Know that it is the removal of a false deity. Put no trust in monies, it is not eternal, nor living, nor faithful.

When Israel succeeds land to Palestine, as it is written, that the land was given to the gentiles, then the makers of the error will receive judgement, for which is the reason much of California will find its self in the ocean. There is very much more than just California, however.

The USA for the next 24 years will see great presidents. Great days are in store, use these greats days to prepare the many generations to withstand the evil days.

I would say that time is not quite on our side, but these coming great, and dark, days will be sung for all eternity. Don't just hunker down, be willing in the day of his power. Know not there are greater works than Jesus? Be faithful, and nimble, and you will see when you can step a new way.

Reactions: 4x4toy

4x4toy

Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will convey events which will occur.

Time for teaching is very soon, the churches will be overflooded.
Even as many will scramble to join the faith with the new light, many will scramble when it is passed and gone, which is the absence. Teach, so that faith will see triumph in those dark days, through preparation and maturity in the faith.

There are a means for peoples knowing us by our love for each other.

Children will be the means, and their schools. Schools of all religions will be made, and the Christian schools will be envied through divine surpassing. Do very well with children, and they will be like a light on a hill for a certainty.

There are a means for tribulation.

I would withhold its name which would do this, but the Papacy will bind the false religions into one, and these religions will set themselves up to give tribulation, first by means of taxation out of existence, and then that they may not buy or sell. Tribulations will go out to both the Jewish and Christian churches. When no man may buy or sell, this is the means for the great falling away. Know that it is the removal of a false deity. Put no trust in monies, it is not eternal, nor living, nor faithful.

When Israel succeeds land to Palestine, as it is written, that the land was given to the gentiles, then the makers of the error will receive judgement, for which is the reason much of California will find its self in the ocean. There is very much more than just California, however.

The USA for the next 24 years will see great presidents. Great days are in store, use these greats days to prepare the many generations to withstand the evil days.

I would say that time is not quite on our side, but these coming great, and dark, days will be sung for all eternity. Don't just hunker down, be willing in the day of his power. Know not there are greater works than Jesus? Be faithful, and nimble, and you will see when you can step a new way.

Great stuff , and I know from experience God can take hopeless situations amassed from every side , when there seems no way out then suddenly all bad situations just miraculously begin to wither away and disappear , when all you could do was just stand .. Then you realize it had to be answered prayer and much better than you expected to begin with .. Romans 8:31
2 Chronicles 20:17 :amen:

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
So Still... do you consider yourself a prophet?

After John there are no official prophets, instead there is the gift of prophecy, and the sharing thereof.
I have seen some of the future myself, but I am lead to prophets. I would sooner be a teacher than a prophet.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure what the difference is between "official prophet" and someone who has the gift of prophecy. I mean, either you can prophecy or you can't.

In the old days there were those who were set aside to be prophets. Those were official prophets.
Today, so long as you're shown something in the future, you can do it, which is more broad than being set aside.
So, knowing some of the future I am still not a prophet, because I would sooner be a teacher.

Not everyone who can prophecy has the gift of prophecy, I don't have it.
Not everyone who has the gift of prophecy is a prophet, because they aren't set aside anymore.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not going to happen.

We have maybe 14 years at best before the 70th week begins. And approximately half way through that, the great tribulation.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Not going to happen.

We have maybe 14 years at best before the 70th week begins. And approximately half way through that, the great tribulation.

That's when the Antichrist comes. Why should you be able to estimate his coming when it's not allowed on the prophecy forum?
Those days are generations away. Why think differently? Have you done greater works than Jesus? Has the Holy Spirit come upon all flesh? Does everyone know us by the love we have for each other, how many generations for that alone?

Not 14 years. First comes the touching of all flesh, then comes the world knowing us by the love we have for each other, then comes no man may buy or sell, then comes the great falling away, then comes the Manifest Sons and Daughters, then comes tribulations, then comes Israel succeeding land to Palestine, then comes the northern bear, then comes the AntiChrist.

somewhere along 80-180 years left. Don't build yourself a bunker and hide away, you're going to waste all that time.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's when the Antichrist comes. Why should you be able to estimate his coming when it's not allowed on the prophecy forum?

It is not allowed to say when Jesus returns to planet earth - a date.

Those days are generations away. Why think differently? Have you done greater works than Jesus? Has the Holy Spirit come upon all flesh? Does everyone know us by the love we have for each other, how many generations for that alone?

Not 14 years. First comes the touching of all flesh, then comes the world knowing us by the love we have for each other, then comes no man may buy or sell, then comes the great falling away, then comes the Manifest Sons and Daughters, then comes tribulations, then comes Israel succeeding land to Palestine, then comes the northern bear, then comes the AntiChrist.

somewhere along 80-180 years left. Don't build yourself a bunker and hide away, you're going to waste all that time.

Have you ever heard of learn a parable of the fig in Matthew 24:32-34. A generation is 70 years. The fig tree is Jerusalem (based upon Jesus cursing the fig tree as he was about enter Jerusalem). In 1967, Jerusalem was back in the hands of the Jews.

I am not hunkering down, building a bunker, why would you think that? I am looking for the rapture.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you ever heard of learn a parable of the fig in Matthew 24:32-34. A generation is 70 years. The fig tree is Jerusalem (based upon Jesus cursing the fig tree as he was about enter Jerusalem). In 1967, Jerusalem was back in the hands of the Jews.

I am not hunkering down, building a bunker, why would you think that? I am looking for the rapture.

I will tell you why the rapture will come. The Manifest Sons and Daughters, the Holy ones of God, will be looked upon by all of Heaven, and all of Heaven will want them, so that they can dwell together. Then there are those Manifest Sons and Daughters who would stay, these will stay because they will pass through the harsh fires of tribulation, because they can handle them.
The rapture is there, for joy, escape is already possible as God would not see you face anything you cannot handle, for which the days of the elect are shortened, which in this context refers to death.

You've read Matthew 24:32-34 but what about Matthew 24:29-31

The gathering of the elect is not the making of Israel.

Also Matthew 24:14 barely even started yet. People don't even know about it, because the Gospel of Jesus is but part of the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the old days there were those who were set aside to be prophets. Those were official prophets.
Today, so long as you're shown something in the future, you can do it, which is more broad than being set aside.
So, knowing some of the future I am still not a prophet, because I would sooner be a teacher.

Not everyone who can prophecy has the gift of prophecy, I don't have it.
Not everyone who has the gift of prophecy is a prophet, because they aren't set aside anymore.
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Since verses 12 and 13 have not been completely fulfilled we still have prophets today.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Since verses 12 and 13 have not been completely fulfilled we still have prophets today.

Boy you just missed the mark by a mile.

Are you telling us there's no people in the church serving the likes of pastors, ministers, ushers, missionaries, small group leaders etc?

Ephesians 4:12 (BBE) For the training of the saints as servants in the church, for the building up of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:12 (CEB) His purpose was to equip God's people for the work of serving and building up the body of Christ

Ephesians 4:12 (CJB) Their task is to equip God's people for the work of service that builds the body of the Messiah,

Ephesians 4:12 (CSB) for the training of the saints in the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 4:12 (ESV) to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 4:12 (GNT) He did this to prepare all God's people for the work of Christian service, in order to build up the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:12 (GW) Their purpose is to prepare God's people, to serve, and to build up the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:12 (HNV) for the perfecting of the holy ones, to the work of serving, to the building up of the body of Messiah;

Ephesians 4:12 (LEB) for the equipping of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 4:12 (MSG) to train Christians in skilled servant work, working within Christ's body, the church,

Ephesians 4:12 (NAS) for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

Ephesians 4:12 (NCV) Christ gave those gifts to prepare God's holy people for the work of serving, to make the body of Christ stronger.

Ephesians 4:12 (NIRV) He did it so that they might prepare God's people to serve. If they do, the body of Christ will be built up.

Ephesians 4:12 (NIV) to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

Ephesians 4:12 (NKJV) for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

Sometimes it's better not to say anything than say what you assume.

And no, there's no prophets alive today. The gift of prophecy does not make one a prophet. Those who have the gift of prophecy are given spiritual wisdom to help them understand and interpret scriptures that others cannot. They're not called to set dates but have a clear understanding of the times and seasons as it approaches.

An actual prophet writes scriptures. One with the gift of prophesy interprets scriptures. There's a difference.

John 16:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.

Hebrews 10:25 New King James Version (NKJV)
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Are you telling us there's no people in the church serving the likes of pastors, ministers, ushers, missionaries, small group leaders etc?

Ephesians 4:12 (BBE) For the training of the saints as servants in the church, for the building up of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:12 (CEB) His purpose was to equip God's people for the work of serving and building up the body of Christ

Ephesians 4:12 (CJB) Their task is to equip God's people for the work of service that builds the body of the Messiah,

Ephesians 4:12 (CSB) for the training of the saints in the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 4:12 (ESV) to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 4:12 (GNT) He did this to prepare all God's people for the work of Christian service, in order to build up the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:12 (GW) Their purpose is to prepare God's people, to serve, and to build up the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:12 (HNV) for the perfecting of the holy ones, to the work of serving, to the building up of the body of Messiah;

Ephesians 4:12 (LEB) for the equipping of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 4:12 (MSG) to train Christians in skilled servant work, working within Christ's body, the church,

Ephesians 4:12 (NAS) for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

Ephesians 4:12 (NCV) Christ gave those gifts to prepare God's holy people for the work of serving, to make the body of Christ stronger.

Ephesians 4:12 (NIRV) He did it so that they might prepare God's people to serve. If they do, the body of Christ will be built up.

Ephesians 4:12 (NIV) to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

Ephesians 4:12 (NKJV) for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

And no, there's no prophets alive today. The gift of prophecy does not make one a prophet. Those who have the gift of prophecy are given spiritual wisdom to help them understand and interpret scriptures that others cannot. They're not called to set dates but have a clear understanding of the times and seasons as it approaches.

An actual prophet writes scriptures. One with the gift of prophesy interprets scriptures. There's a difference.

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.

not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Psalm3704 said:

Of course I said no such thing, I only said there are prophets today, just as there are apostles, evangelists, pastors and teachers.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Good advice, you should follow it.

And no, there's no prophets alive today.

Paul disagrees with you.

1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Do we still have the church today? If we do we still have prophets. Because you do not recognize them proves nothing.

I’ll bet prophets are not the only thing you have chopped out of 1 Corinthians 12!

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

1 Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

The gift of prophecy does not make one a prophet. Those who have the gift of prophecy are given spiritual wisdom to help them understand and interpret scriptures that others cannot. They're not called to set dates but have a clear understanding of the times and seasons as it approaches.

I didn’t define their duties I just said there where prophets today and there are.

Is this your interpretation of what a prophet is? If so how did you arrive at it?

This scripture does not negate the offices God set in “the church” “For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ”. The Holy Spirit uses the offices set in the church and the “gifts of the Spirit”.

What does this have to do with the topic here?

I would say it is you who that have missed the mark by a mile.

For the readers. God is real His gifts are still at work in the church today, there are still healings, miracles, apostles and prophets, any teaching that says all or part of this has went away is false, run from it. I have been miraculously healed in my body through the operation of these offices and gifts of the spirit. I have little patience for false teachers on this subject.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm3704 said:

Of course I said no such thing, I only said there are prophets today, just as there are apostles, evangelists, pastors and teachers.

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Good advice, you should follow it.

And no, there's no prophets alive today.

Paul disagrees with you.

1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Do we still have the church today? If we do we still have prophets. Because you do not recognize them proves nothing.

I’ll bet prophets are not the only thing you have chopped out of 1 Corinthians 12!

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

1 Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

The gift of prophecy does not make one a prophet. Those who have the gift of prophecy are given spiritual wisdom to help them understand and interpret scriptures that others cannot. They're not called to set dates but have a clear understanding of the times and seasons as it approaches.

I didn’t define their duties I just said there where prophets today and there are.

Is this your interpretation of what a prophet is? If so how did you arrive at it?

This scripture does not negate the offices God set in “the church” “For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ”. The Holy Spirit uses the offices set in the church and the “gifts of the Spirit”.

I would say it is you who that have missed the mark by a mile.

For the readers. God is real His gifts are still at work in the church today, there are still healings, miracles, apostles and prophets, any teaching that says all or part of this has went away is false, run from it. I have been miraculously healed in my body through the operation of these offices and gifts of the spirit. I have little patience for false teachers on this subject.

Would like to convey the mystery of offense, which is a waxing of a cold heart.

This topic with modern prophets can be looked at in a lighthearted way. Someone tangible, telling you of the future might strike someone as being a bona fide prophet. Does not really matter either way. John was the last, which is true, and Psalm3704 was right, does not really matter.

Would you consider exhorting an office? Makes me glad that it is my gift, but it's not an office. Maybe, prophet is no longer an office just the same, which is why the confusion?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This topic with modern prophets can be looked at in a lighthearted way. Someone tangible, telling you of the future might strike someone as being a bona fide prophet. Does not really matter either way. John was the last, which is true, and Psalm3704 was right, does not really matter.

Would you consider exhorting an office? Makes me glad that it is my gift, but it's not an office. Maybe, prophet is no longer an office just the same, which is why the confusion?

Stillicidia said:

Thanks for your response. It appears for some the definition of a prophet is one that writes scripture and some of the prophets in our scripture have done that. That is not the scriptural definition of a prophet.

If the tone of my post offends you, you have my sincere apology, but I do stand by the substance of my post. The statements I made about the office of prophet in the church today are backed by Paul's writings.

This topic with modern prophets can be looked at in a lighthearted way.

That may be part of the problem. Why would we look at the office of prophet in our day lighthearted?

Sure there are false prophets, Jesus said there would be, but I see no justification for ignoring what Paul wrote about this in favor of opinions.

Someone tangible, telling you of the future might strike someone as being a bona fide prophet. Does not really matter either way. John was the last, which is true, and Psalm3704 was right, does not really matter.

I have been corrected by you and Psalm3704 without the use of scripture to back the idea John was the last prophet. Please provide the scripture that supports John was the last prophet in the church and that Paul's writings on this topic are not relevant to the church today and I will stand corrected.

Would you consider exhorting an office? Makes me glad that it is my gift, but it's not an office.

I would consider it a gift.

Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Maybe, prophet is no longer an office just the same, which is why the confusion?

I see no maybe here Paul clearly disagrees.

Ephesians 4: 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

This is still going on in the church today.

This will not be complete until Christ returns.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

This is what has happened in many situations where the supernatural has been removed from the church by the teaching of man, IMHO.

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Many times I fall short but this is what I am trying to do.

1 Corintians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

You said in post #6

“In the old days there were those who were set aside to be prophets. Those were official prophets.

I do not find the term "official prophets" in scripture.

Not everyone who has the gift of prophecy is a prophet”

Agree here.

“ because they aren't set aside anymore.”

Please show how you scripturally justify the above statement.

I am not sure how you define “set aside” . 1 Corinthians 12:28 says God hath set some in the church. I see nowhere in scripture that has changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Stillicidia said:

Thanks for your response. It appears for some the definition of a prophet is one that writes scripture and some of the prophets in our scripture have done that. That is not the scriptural definition of a prophet.

If the tone of my post offends you, you have my sincere apology, but I do stand by the substance of my post. The statements I made about the office of prophet in the church today are backed by Paul's writings.

This topic with modern prophets can be looked at in a lighthearted way.

That may be part of the problem. Why would we look at the office of prophet in our day lighthearted?

Sure there are false prophets, Jesus said there would be, but I see no justification for ignoring what Paul wrote about this in favor of opinions.

Someone tangible, telling you of the future might strike someone as being a bona fide prophet. Does not really matter either way. John was the last, which is true, and Psalm3704 was right, does not really matter.

I have been corrected by you and Psalm3704 without the use of scripture to back the idea John was the last prophet. Please provide the scripture that supports John was the last prophet in the church and that Paul's writings on this topic are not relevant to the church today and I will stand corrected.

Would you consider exhorting an office? Makes me glad that it is my gift, but it's not an office.

I would consider it a gift.

Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Maybe, prophet is no longer an office just the same, which is why the confusion?

I see no maybe here Paul clearly disagrees.

Ephesians 4: 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

This is still going on in the church today.

This will not be complete until Christ returns.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

This is what has happened in many situations where the supernatural has been removed from the church by the teaching of man, IMHO.

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Many times I fall short but this is what I am trying to do.

1 Corintians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

You said in post #6

“In the old days there were those who were set aside to be prophets. Those were official prophets.

I do not find the term "official prophets" in scripture.

Not everyone who has the gift of prophecy is a prophet”

Agree here.

I am not sure how you define “set aside” . 1 Corinthians 12:28 says God hath set some in the church. I see nowhere in scripture that has changed.

I used scripture saying, John is the last. I can't even find that quote in the Bible on google.

Peoples will prophesy, and might as well be called prophets, but John was the last of the ones which were set aside, which were few, and today there are many, and it is not considered an office anymore, for which they were the only ones that would convey God's will, and today we have many.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution

I don't want you to be offended, but keep that mystery anyway, it's a very important mystery.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used scripture saying, John is the last. I can't even find that quote in the Bible on google.

Peoples will prophesy, and might as well be called prophets, but John was the last of the ones which were set aside, which were few, and today there are many, and it is not considered an office anymore, for which they were the only ones that would convey God's will, and today we have many.

Do you think correcting someone based on a scripture you think you have read but can’t find is a good idea?

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you think correcting someone based on a scripture you think you have read but can’t find is a good idea?

Always look against your own self, and never compare. Why do you doubt that which is written? Shouldn't it already be in your heart, even as it is in mine? Read the Bible and have it written in your heart, and when the Bible is outlawed you'll do well. It will be outlawed, have it written in your heart, and thus, indeed, have no need of quote sifting.

I also convey the underlying message within something being written. Which is better, the vessel, or the fruit within it? Indeed both are the same. You can have all your quotes, but it won't help you if you don't care to understand things.

Then, do you think I steer you wrongly? Shouldn't you sooner seek to find this quote, rather than shoving a brethren in the dirt?

I am in no way offended.

I wrote keep the mystery anyway. You need to let room for some positivity.

Enough with judging me, caring that I don't quote things, have some room for positivity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0