• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

More Good News for Transparency

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Fantine, May 22, 2019.

1. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,416
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Now TWO lower federal courts have ruled that Capital One and Deutsche Bank can share Trump's financial information with the House investigative committees. Although I believe there is one court to go before the Supremes, I think they would be very hard pressed to rule differently from the lower courts.

And the lower courts didn't have to deliberate very much to come to their decision...it was so cut and dried, and Trump's objections so groundless, that the second court ruled in a single day.

Thank goodness there are still judges with integrity out there.

Judge says Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to House Democrats

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Stormy

Stormy Senior Contributor

+825
    Christian
    US-Others
    Why is the President being harassed?
    I feel like the democrats are the enemy of the American people.

I wonder if they will ever come to terms and accept the 2016 election?
    Or will their tantrums and tears be compounded by the reelection of President Trump in 2020?

2016 Make America Great Again
    2020 Keep America Great

3. Fantine

+6,416
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No more than Clinton, who was harassed for far fewer and far less serious reasons.

To the left, we have Clinton, accused of lying about a fling with an intern...

To the right, we have Trump, who has obstructed justice at least 10 times (to save himself) at the time of the Mueller Report--and at least twenty or thirty times since. To the right, we have Trump, who only escaped indictment recommendations because he was a sitting president. To the right, we have Trump, who has pandered and kow-towed to Russia so many times that even some Senate Republicans are fed up with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+8,692
    Other Religion
    He's not being harassed; he's being investigated. He's being investigated because of his questionable behavior, his attempts to obstruct justice, his having surrounded himself with criminals, and his ongoing lack of transparency.

If anybody is the enemy of the American people, it's the sycophants blindly defending Trump in spite of his obviously questionable behavior.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,058
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...which is probably real reason for the President's behavior today:

President Trump Responds to Speaker's "Cover-Up" Charge | C-SPAN.org

"Well, it turns I’m the most — and I think most of you would agree to this — I’m the most transparent president, probably in the history of this country."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.

+6,601
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Those words sound awfully familiar ....

And sorry, no one's picking on Trump in this. Come on.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  7. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven "After all this time?" Always.

+10,612
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    He's also refusing to release his tax returns, despite his campaign promise to release them. That's not the action of an innocent man who has nothing to hide. That's the reaction of a man who's trying to hide some damaging information about himself that could possibly incriminate him in a court of law.

8. -Sasha-

-Sasha- Handmaid of God

+258
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    What exactly is anyone hoping to gain from all this?

9. wing2000

+5,058
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    For starters, I want to know if our President is compromised by his extensive financial dealings abroad. That is a legitimate security concern. Is he representing his own interest or that of the United States?

10. -Sasha-

-Sasha- Handmaid of God

+258
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    How would seeing his bank records let you know if he is compromised? I assume we all know that he has had extensive financial dealings with people and corporations from other countries.

11. wing2000

+5,058
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Follow the money trail....

12. -Sasha-

-Sasha- Handmaid of God

+258
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    And? Say it's discovered that he's been receiving large sums of money from Russian oligarchs for decades, and has used this money in his myriad business ventures. What then?

13. Fantine

+6,416
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Impeach. Impeach. Impeach.
    They could call in their markers at any time. And Trump's actions are very much those of a supplicant staving off foreclosure.

14. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven "After all this time?" Always.

+10,612
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Impeach him. If he's guilty of a federal crime, then prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law for committing that crime. I don't know if he'll be sentenced to prison or not because of his old age.

15. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+940
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    The President is a crook.
    Democrats are, by-and-large, Americans.

He’s the President not a King.
    It’s going to be a rather LONG summer for Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. -Sasha-

-Sasha- Handmaid of God

+258
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    How is it an impeachable offense to have received money from Russians and used it for business purposes, exactly?

17. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+444
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That's what I'm curious about, too. I mean, if he had a business that dealt with Russia long before he became president, that wasn't a crime then, so how could it be now? Even getting campaign advice from Russians who ran a successful political campaign isn't illegal, to my knowledge.

I don't blame anyone for investigating those ties since Russia isn't a friend of ours. However, those who most vehemently oppose Trump are the ones who don't hesitate to call any Russian a spy and an enemy. That's exactly what Russia wants to hear. They want war.

I'm really tired of the empty name-calling and insults... It's all so childish.

Goodnight everyone. :sleep:

18. wing2000

+5,058
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It it's shown his financial interest influenced his decisions with regards to Russia (in this case) that would be an impeachable offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  19. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,294
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Because he behaves just like a guilty criminal would in his situation.

Sad. I think you and people who think like this are what's wrong with this country. I mean that in the kindest way possible. I don't think you personally are bad, just this line of thinking that our fellow Americans can be enemies among us just because they disagree on some policies. That view by its very nature is divisive. Who would want to work with people who see them as enemies?

It's not about the 2016 election. When are you going to realize, we just don't have a very good guy running the country?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,294
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    To say: "I told ya so!"