United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is the President being harassed?
I feel like the democrats are the enemy of the American people.

I wonder if they will ever come to terms and accept the 2016 election?
Or will their tantrums and tears be compounded by the reelection of President Trump in 2020?

2016 Make America Great Again
2020 Keep America Great
Funniest post today!

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Question for our more legally savvy colleagues: if Deutsche Bank is investigated by the German government for money laundering and it is found that trump was a knowing beneficiary of those illicit dealings, would pardoning himself help him at all in the German courts?

Deutsche Bank Execs Missed Money Laundering Red Flags

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Question for our more legally savvy colleagues: ...would pardoning himself help him at all in the German courts?

I am not legally savvy, but I wouldn't think so. The pardon power only extends to federal crimes: "offenses against the United States."

That's why there's been a lot of attention to many of these state investigations. The presidential power can't affect them (much less anything from a foreign state).

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The private bankers responsible for lending to President Donald Trump and Jared Kushner have resigned from Deutsche Bank, the bank said.

"Rosemary Vrablic and Dominic Scalzi have tendered their resignations to Deutsche Bank effective as of year-end, which was accepted by the bank," Daniel Hunter, a spokesman for the bank said in a statement.

The private bankers responsible for lending to President Donald Trump and Jared Kushner resigned from Deutsche Bank last year following allegations related to the unauthorized purchase of a Manhattan condominium.

Germany's biggest bank said in US regulatory filings that Rosemary Vrablic and Dominic Scalziwere "permitted to resign" effective December 31 following allegations that they engaged in "undisclosed activities" tied to a property investment that included the "purchase of a property from a client-managed entity."

The bankers also engaged in the "formation of an unapproved outside entity to hold the investment," Deutsche Bank (DB) said in filings to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

The allegations relate to the bankers' purchase of an apartment in 2013 from Bergel 715 Associates, a company in which Kushner, a Deutsche Bank client, was a minority investor, according to a person familiar with the matter. The purchase was not disclosed to the bank and violated its internal policies, the person said.

• Informative
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now TWO lower federal courts have ruled that Capital One and Deutsche Bank can share Trump's financial information with the House investigative committees. Although I believe there is one court to go before the Supremes, I think they would be very hard pressed to rule differently from the lower courts.

And the lower courts didn't have to deliberate very much to come to their decision...it was so cut and dried, and Trump's objections so groundless, that the second court ruled in a single day.

Thank goodness there are still judges with integrity out there.

Judge says Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to House Democrats

You posted this as "transparency." Is there any indication that this financial will become public. I haven't seen any such indications.

Upvote 0